PDA

View Full Version : 10 updates still available

vusolo
25-03-15, 17:18
hi,
I have noticed since update numbered 156 there are 10 updates available, which are blank. If I look into changes log there is nothing there.
I am not sure if it is something which may cause any problems or means image malfunction.

cheers

Larry-G
25-03-15, 17:27
Build 160 is now available, try updating to that. I will update the changelogs thread my self a little later.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

vusolo
25-03-15, 17:38
I have done it already, but it still shows 10 updates after.
cheers

nobuschopus
25-03-15, 17:58
Thank god it's not just me then :)

chaser
25-03-15, 18:20
Updating beyond 153, you need to do a clean install (usb or couch) with no settings restore - otherwise you get the issues you've seen.

John57
26-03-15, 13:27
Can I ask just for clarification about updating to the latest update that is now available to us all (I am currently on 142/VU+solo 2)

1. USB update is as implies, download latest software and install via usb flash stick with no settings restore. If I follow this instruction will the box a) update and b) will I retain all my settings?

2. Couch update. This process means using the internal Vix software update that we have inbuilt but again this time with no backups procedure (I normally do an image backup) again if I follow these guidelines that pheonix/Andy, Chaser and others advise us to follow then once the update is done will I retain all settings that I currently have?

Regards to all

John.

chaser
26-03-15, 13:53
abu baniaz has given a good description of the couch update in this post:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44570-Network-problem&p=347242&viewfull=1#post347242

Both USB & couch flash will return your box to new, with default configuration. You will then need to apply your own specific settings. Normally you can do this by restoring from a settings backup. However, when updating from 153 to later builds you should not restore from a previous settings backup, otherwise it may screw up your box.

John57
26-03-15, 16:14
Hi Chaser

Thank you for you're prompt reply and for the link which I will look at and study in detail.

What I need to understand is "default configuration" I believe my receiver is 99% standard apart from one of the great Blue Skins that Rossie provided.

Kind Regards
John.