PDA

View Full Version : xtrend et 10000 bootloader????

joysleep1
24-03-15, 21:37
Hi
I have ordered the xtrend 10000. Should come on Thursday or maybe Friday. I plan to install openvix image as soon as i get it. Do i have to do something with the bootloader first before i install openvix or can i install openvix straight away?
What does the bootloader do? Or what is it for?

Thanks

Stanman
24-03-15, 21:38
It should come with the latest bootloader but VIX will load irrespective of what bootlaoder is on it.

joysleep1
24-03-15, 22:12
It should come with the latest bootloader but VIX will load irrespective of what bootlaoder is on it.

Oh ok
So I'll install vix straight away then.
So when is the bootloader useful then?

Stanman
25-03-15, 13:28
Not my work

What Is A Bootloader?In literal terms, bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of bootloaders is universal to virtually all Operating systems that inculcates operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices. Bootloaders basically package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. As the bootloader kicks off before any piece of software on your device, it makes it extremely processor specific and every motherboard has it’s own bootloader. This is one reason that all Android phones have different Custom ROMS developed due to high variance of processing hardware present on the device. The iDevices running iOS somewhat share the same hardware specs and hence you don’t see much variance in their bootloaders.

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 14:48
My work:
Don't think about it.
Don't worry about it.
Flash your image and enjoy.

When you are required to update the bootloader, a post will be made.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 17:38
My work:
Don't think about it.
Don't worry about it.
Flash your image and enjoy.

When you are required to update the bootloader, a post will be made.

Oh thanks abu.
Can't wait for it to come now.

tappari
26-03-15, 13:28
Oh thanks abu.
Can't wait for it to come now.
My experience from DM7025, DM800HD, DM8000HD to VU+ Ultimo and VU+Duo2. This ET10000 is the king. Duo2 has better display (LCD) but otherwise with 4 plugin-tunerplaces this is better. And of cource HDMI input.

joysleep1
26-03-15, 14:04
My experience from DM7025, DM800HD, DM8000HD to VU+ Ultimo and VU+Duo2. This ET10000 is the king. Duo2 has better display (LCD) but otherwise with 4 plugin-tunerplaces this is better. And of cource HDMI input.

I saw that.
What exactly can you do with the HDMI input. Anything good?

tappari
26-03-15, 14:56
I saw that.
What exactly can you do with the HDMI input. Anything good?
Well, not much because of HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) , but for example with this kind of equipment you can maybe pass it : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
I have ordered one, but not yet received.
The tests I have done so far are ok with picture, but missing audio.

joysleep1
26-03-15, 15:00
Well, not much because of HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) , but for example with this kind of equipment you can maybe pass it : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
I have ordered one, but not yet received.
The tests I have done so far are ok with picture, but missing audio.

Yh i tried it very briefly with the mut@nt and tested it with my xbox360. I jad picture but no sound. It was also laggy as well. Can not see any use for it really.