PDA

View Full Version : New Remote Controle

nsw9154
24-03-15, 20:03
Well the sticky metal buttons on my Duo2 remote are getting worse I find that I have to press them about 3 times to get them to respond,tried taking it apart but had to admit defeat as I was frightened of breaking it I even tried WD40 :eek: but that did not work, so I have decided to get the Solo2's remote as I really liked it when I had my Solo2 so what setting should I set it to when I receive it, going to order one as soon as I finish writing this

Andy_Hazza
24-03-15, 20:09
It will work just fine bud, just pair it up with your tv code. What tv you have norm n I'll get you the code n I'll write you a lil tutorial on how to do it. [emoji4]

nsw9154
24-03-15, 20:17
Hello Andy I will only be using it for the Duo2 and I always use the TV remote for the TV as I have 4 receivers one more remote will not matter :D

Andy_Hazza
24-03-15, 20:27
Okie buddy. Get a logitech harmony remote n programme em all in n just have the one remote!! [emoji87]
Go on you know it makes sense.......

nsw9154
24-03-15, 20:31
I have a Harmony 650 but can't get away with it I keep pressing the wrong buttons :eek::confused:

Larry-G
24-03-15, 20:31
I think the default code on the Solo2 remote should work for the Duo2 rite out of the box, if not it's dead easy to change it ans will only take a few seconds.

kev1372003
24-03-15, 20:33
Try this, It works well for me.

Remove battery cover
Remove batteries
Remove small black philips screw
Find someone with strong thumbnails and carefully split remote
Remove pcb and carefully peel back clear plastic button membrane to just below the level of the Intermittent buttons
Using a cotton bud dipped In an alcohol based cleaner, carefully clean both the silver contacts on the membrane and the black contact tracks on the pcb.......ALLOW TO DRY FULLY
Re-assemble :)

Larry-G
24-03-15, 20:34
Here you go mate, the process of changing the code could not be easier.

How to : Reprogram Vu+ Remote Control

you can change the system code of your vu+ universal rcu to the vu+ model that you want to control.
the default is mode 2

MODE 1 : SOLO/DUO
MODE 2: UNO/Ultimo
MODE 3 and 4 : reserved for future models

press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004
this will then allow you to use your selected vu+ model

Just look in the RCU section on the image for your Duo2 to see what it's default code is currently set to and change the remote to match.

Larry-G
24-03-15, 20:36
I have a Harmony 650 but can't get away with it I keep pressing the wrong buttons :eek::confused:

LMAO personally I prefer the harmony over ALL of my Vu+ remotes (I even have remotes that have never had batteries in like a white one that came with my limited edition Vu+ Duo LE.

nsw9154
24-03-15, 20:55
Cheers kev1372003 I will try again when the Solo2 remote arrives already ordered it from sponsors

nsw9154
24-03-15, 21:03
It's just something that I can not get used to probably OLD Age creeping in :eek: any way I have all my 7 Remotes (8 if you count the one for the HDMI Splitter box) all neatly layed out on my side table close to hand between my PC and my TV / Receivers and I don't even have to get out of my chair when I swing it round to operate my PC :D :cool: