PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Virmin Tuner

adamandvicci
23-03-15, 20:41
Does anyone know how to add an Extra tuner to my ultimo? Is it simply plug in and it self installs?

Also anyone know what is required for the Virmin freeview channels etc? I am looking to use both, due to the wire already ran and only a dual sky feed... All plastered in so if I could use it would save me loads of work.

Thanks

Adam

adm
23-03-15, 21:33
You can send satellite and the signal from an aerial down the same cable if you use a suitable duplexer (combiner/splitter) at both ends of the cable.

Examples (but possibly not the best prices)

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/combiners.htm

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 21:44
This is a list of free channel you will get on cable if they signal to your property is fine. The power levels are adjusted based on your subscription. An aerial will provide more chanenls.

BBC one
BBC Two
ITV
Channel 4
Channel 5
BBC Three
BBC Four
Pick
Challenge
Channel 4+1
BBC Alba
S4C
BBC News
Sky News
BBC Parliament
CBBC Channel
CBeebies
BBC One AD
BBC Two AD
ITV Audio Desc
Channel 4 Audio Desc
S4C Adio Desc
BBC One
BBC One Scotland
BBC One NI
BBC One Wales
BBC Two

timofee
24-03-15, 14:50
Even if you have cable routed into your house you will need to check first that it is active. Best to do this before buying a cable tuner.

bbbuk
24-03-15, 15:10
Even if you have cable routed into your house you will need to check first that it is active. Best to do this before buying a cable tuner.But if you have Virmin (cable) broadband then you will be okay as they use the same feed.

timofee
25-03-15, 15:56
But if you have Virmin (cable) broadband then you will be okay as they use the same feed.

If the broadband is active there will be no problem with cable TV. But if the broadband subscription has lapsed it is possible that the cable line is dead for TV as well as broadband.

huey45
30-03-15, 01:32
Hi bbbuk

Im on vermin basic tv which is active, and 50mb BB active

quote you "But if you have Virmin (cable) broadband then you will be okay as they use the same feed"

What are you saying, what connection would I need to connect up cable tuner
and once connected up, can it be detected on their system ?

timofee
30-03-15, 14:00
If you already have a VM basic subscription and a VM box there is no point in using a VU+ box as you will only get the same free channels.

If you are interested in the subscription VM channels forum rules prevent discussion here. There are other forums where you can discuss these matters and get advice.