PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver Advice?

champs4life
22-03-15, 23:44
Hi, I wanted some advice, I have read alot of good things about this box but I am still unsure.

How good is this box compared to other boxes like Gigablue and Miraclebox?

Has the 3T Combo have any problems that I should be aware of?

Finally is this the best technomate box available?

Thanks.

cactikid
23-03-15, 00:09
i only have got the tm nano se single tuner box and very happy with it replacing an older vu solo.:D

judge
23-03-15, 00:18
All depends on your needs.
2 fixed sat tuners & 1 fixed terrestrial/cable tuner. If that suits your needs, should be a great box for the price.

Stanman
23-03-15, 00:51
For the price it's a cracking box.

Not the best looking box but than your not going to be making out with it unless your watching 9 xx channels[emoji50]

you get all 4 providers in one box sat cable and terrestrial.

judge
23-03-15, 00:56

Not the best looking box but than your not going to be making out with it unless your watching 9 xx channels[emoji50]

Stanman, you need to recount or stop watching those 9 xx channels...

Stanman
23-03-15, 00:58
If I told you the fourth provider, would have to kill you[emoji14]

Not good for your health all that............. leads to dementia

cactikid
23-03-15, 01:04
so box does not come with free ir receiver to hide box elsewhere.:D,9xx:confused:prefare xxx:)

judge
23-03-15, 01:15
If I told you the fourth provider, would have to kill you[emoji14]

Not good for your health all that............. leads to dementia
Been there, done that...

so box does not come with free ir receiver to hide box elsewhere.:D,9xx:confused:prefare xxx:)
Nope, the TM-Nano-SE does come with one though. Box names getting too silly at this stage.

cactikid
23-03-15, 01:27
aye got the nano ,mines in a chimney:cool:

judge
23-03-15, 01:50
aye got the nano ,mines in a chimney:cool:
When original manufacturers start using same chipsets & copying each others silly SE names, it gets easier to get confused.
Opens the clone market to sell stupid boxes.

cactikid
23-03-15, 01:54
what about the image names,we want aphrodite next maybe a womans hand is needed:D

judge
23-03-15, 01:58
what about the image names,we want aphrodite next maybe a womans hand is needed:D
Forgive me for those that report inaprotiate videos, but here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZQjYgsEYkI

dlmlus
23-03-15, 12:09
Waiting for my T3 to arrive, Its replacing my UNO.
All purchased from the WOS of course.
Can,t wait.

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 13:56
The only major thing worth noting is that transcoding does not work. It is being worked on.

champs4life
23-03-15, 14:39

Sorry for sounding stupid but what you mean by 4 providers?

That's the thing it's not a good looking box than gigablue and miraclebox.

But is it better than the gigablue and miraclebox boxes?

champs4life
23-03-15, 14:43
The only major thing worth noting is that transcoding does not work. It is being worked on.

What do you mean by transcoding does not work?

Are there any problems with this box I should be aware of?

Stanman
23-03-15, 14:45
4 providers was my typo.

You gave satellite cable and terrestrial

champs4life
23-03-15, 14:46
Also I have seen the same box showing with 2 sat tuners and 1 terrestrial tuner on another site. Does that mean it hasn't got a cable tuner?

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 15:35
The third tuner is switchable. You configure it to use either cable or terrestrial. You cannot use cable and terrestrial at the same time.

champs4life
23-03-15, 16:26
I don't think you are understanding what I mean.

I have seen the same box on other sites but it shows as a terrestrial tuner not a hybrid with cable. So would it means it's not a cable tuner?

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 16:54
The third tuner is not a terrestrial tuner nor is it a cable tuner. It is a hybrid/switchable tuner. You decide whether to use it as a cable or terrestrial tuner.

Larry-G
23-03-15, 17:17
What do you mean by transcoding does not work?

Are there any problems with this box I should be aware of?

Transcoding is where the receiver takes takes a live TV show or even a recording and re-encodes it to a lower bit rate all on the fly in real time, allowing you to stream it over the Internet with less bandwidth than a standard stream. The TM Nano 3 has the ability and power to do this but it does not currently work.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

champs4life
23-03-15, 19:05
The third tuner is not a terrestrial tuner nor is it a cable tuner. It is a hybrid/switchable tuner. You decide whether to use it as a cable or terrestrial tuner.

Why do other sites just claim that it is just a terrestrial tuner whereas WOS states it's a hybrid tuner?

That is what is confusing me.

champs4life
23-03-15, 19:08
Transcoding is where the receiver takes takes a live TV show or even a recording and re-encodes it to a lower bit rate all on the fly in real time, allowing you to stream it over the Internet with less bandwidth than a standard stream. The TM Nano 3 has the ability and power to do this but it does not currently work.

Is there a reason this doesn't work and when will it be fixed?

As the transcoder doesn't work is there any point buying the box?

Larry-G
23-03-15, 19:11
Is there a reason this doesn't work and when will it be fixed?

As the transcoder doesn't work is there any point buying the box?

It's a driver issue as far as I know and the manufacturer is working on getting it fixed, personally I don't transcode nor stream channels so it's a worthless feature for me and certainly would not dissuade me from purchasing one.

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 19:11
Are you planning to use the transcoding feature?

champs4life
23-03-15, 19:18
Are you planning to use the transcoding feature?

I don't know but I am just worried if this feature doesn't work, are there other problems as well?

champs4life
23-03-15, 19:20
It's a driver issue as far as I know and the manufacturer is working on getting it fixed, personally I don't transcode nor stream channels so it's a worthless feature for me and certainly would not dissuade me from purchasing one.

Tbh I may stream channels to other devices, so might be useful having this feature.

Larry-G
23-03-15, 19:21
I don't know but I am just worried if this feature doesn't work, are there other problems as well?

Every single receiver on the market has one problem or another at some point in it's working lifetime. For the most these issues are resolved in a reasonable enough time but there is nothing major affecting this receiver as far as I am aware.

champs4life
23-03-15, 19:24
Every single receiver on the market has one problem or another at some point in it's working lifetime. For the most these issues are resolved in a reasonable enough time but there is nothing major affecting this receiver as far as I am aware.

Ok thanks.

So is the general consensus it's a good box?

Is it better than a gigablue and miraclebox?

Larry-G
23-03-15, 19:36
I dont have any of those receivers so I can't compare them to each other. I do have the Technomate Nano 2 super and a Gigablue Quad (not the plus model) and they are both great receivers in day to day use.

champs4life
23-03-15, 21:16
I dont have any of those receivers so I can't compare them to each other. I do have the Technomate Nano 2 super and a Gigablue Quad (not the plus model) and they are both great receivers in day to day use.

Isn't the TM NANO 2 Super similar to the TM NANO 3T?

Larry-G
23-03-15, 21:25
Isn't the TM NANO 2 Super similar to the TM NANO 3T?

Yes it's virtually identical except for a different outer case and the built in DVB-C/T hybrid tuner.

champs4life
23-03-15, 22:06
I am still confused on one issue and would like some clear clarification if possible. On other sites which sell the TM- NANO- 3T it shows it has 2 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuner not DVB-C/T hybrid tuner like it says on the WOS site.

What I want to know is those sites which sell the box with 2 satellite tuners and 1 terrestrial tuner, doesnt it have a built in cable tuner in them like the one on the WOS site?

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 22:29
There is only one version of the TM 3T combo. It has already been mentioned what tuners it has. They are soldered on the motherboard, so they cannot be changed. If you don't believe us, best to contact the seller who says it does not have a hybrid/switchable tuner and get them to clarify whatever is confusing you.

I shall repeat this for you one more time.
It has 2 satellite tuners
It has a hybrid tuner. You can either use it for cable or terrestrial.

If you are still confused, please speak directly to the sellers who say otherwise. Alternatively ring Technomate 020 8884 0701

champs4life
23-03-15, 22:56
There is only one version of the TM 3T combo. It has already been mentioned what tuners it has. They are soldered on the motherboard, so they cannot be changed. If you don't believe us, best to contact the seller who says it does not have a hybrid/switchable tuner and get them to clarify whatever is confusing you.

I shall repeat this for you one more time.
It has 2 satellite tuners
It has a hybrid tuner. You can either use it for cable or terrestrial.

If you are still confused, please speak directly to the sellers who say otherwise. Alternatively ring Technomate 020 8884 0701

Im sorry friend, please dont get angry with me. Im new to this so I dont know everything. I do believe you and others.

I have been on the manufacturer's (technomate) website and it states on the TM NANo 3T page "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S2) + 1x HD Terrestrial (DVB-T2) Tuners" and on the WOS site it says "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S/S2) + 1x HD Hybrid Cable / Terrestrial (DVB-C/T/T2) Tuners".

There is a difference of wording. But to clarify despite the difference of wording does the TM NANO 3T on the technomate website have a cable tuner installed as well?

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 23:07
The third tuner will work for cable or terrestrial depending on what you set it as.

abu baniaz
24-03-15, 01:00
Sorry if I came across poorly. I see the cause of your confusion. The receiver is very good. If you decide to buy it, you should be pleased with it.

judge
24-03-15, 01:33
Im sorry friend, please dont get angry with me. Im new to this so I dont know everything. I do believe you and others.

I have been on the manufacturer's (technomate) website and it states on the TM NANo 3T page "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S2) + 1x HD Terrestrial (DVB-T2) Tuners" and on the WOS site it says "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S/S2) + 1x HD Hybrid Cable / Terrestrial (DVB-C/T/T2) Tuners".

There is a difference of wording. But to clarify despite the difference of wording does the TM NANO 3T on the technomate website have a cable tuner installed as well?

TM often have badly translated specs, also copied to other retailer sites.
The 3rd tuner on this box will work on cable or terrestrial, not both at the same time.

champs4life
24-03-15, 02:43
The third tuner will work for cable or terrestrial depending on what you set it as.

Thanks.

I understand that the wording does imply it is a hybrid tuner even if it doesn't state it.

champs4life
24-03-15, 02:47
TM often have badly translated specs, also copied to other retailer sites.
The 3rd tuner on this box will work on cable or terrestrial, not both at the same time.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Just to clarify on all hybrid tuners does cable and terrestrial not work at the same time?

How would you set up each and why can't both work at the same time?

champs4life
24-03-15, 02:48
Would I need to flash a boot loader as I can't find it on the open VIX site or just flash the VIX image?

judge
24-03-15, 02:52
Oh ok. Thanks.

Just to clarify on all hybrid tuners does cable and terrestrial not work at the same time?

How would you set up each and why can't both work at the same time?
How many answers do you need? 3rd tuner on this box can be used as a cable or terrestrial tuner, you choose.

Sicilian
24-03-15, 07:21
Would I need to flash a boot loader as I can't find it on the open VIX site or just flash the VIX image?

No, Technomate has not released an updated bootloader, so the factory installed bootloader is the only one available.

champs4life
24-03-15, 16:38
So will the updated VIX image work on the factory boot loader?

Larry-G
24-03-15, 16:43
So will the updated VIX image work on the factory boot loader?

Of course it will, ViX is built specifically for this receiver amongst others.

champs4life
24-03-15, 17:00
Ok thanks.

This might be silly but can you pause live TV, rewind, forward etc on this box?

Also I read this box has SD up scaling technology. How good is the up scaling?

Larry-G
24-03-15, 17:02
Yes there is a feature in the image for this called time shift / permeant time shift although how well they work on this receiver I can't say as it's not a feature I personally all that much, except to occasionally pause a live TV show.

champs4life
24-03-15, 17:27
Yes there is a feature in the image for this called time shift / permeant time shift although how well they work on this receiver I can't say as it's not a feature I personally all that much, except to occasionally pause a live TV show.

Oh ok.

What is your opinion on SD up scaling feature on the box?

Larry-G
24-03-15, 17:47
It's as good as any thing else on the market and a damn site better than sky uk's own boxes.

champs4life
24-03-15, 18:17
So would you say then its one of the best Enigma2 boxes ad even one of the best technomate boxes on the market?

abu baniaz
24-03-15, 18:30
It is definitely TM's best E2 receiver.

champs4life
24-03-15, 21:31
Just to double check has the box got an ariel connection for cable?

Stanman
24-03-15, 21:34
Either please read up on what the box is capable of or read properly the answers given as your last question has already been answered.

We are more than happy to help people but this thread is now getting to ridiculous proportions.

Seriously, if people have told you third tuner is a hybrid TV / cable, what do you think the answer to your question is?

We will help but mother you!

abu baniaz
24-03-15, 21:48
Here is a picture.

champs4life
24-03-15, 23:04
Either please read up on what the box is capable of or read properly the answers given as your last question has already been answered.

We are more than happy to help people but this thread is now getting to ridiculous proportions.

Seriously, if people have told you third tuner is a hybrid TV / cable, what do you think the answer to your question is?

We will help but mother you!

Im sorry but no need to be rude and disrespectful to me.

I am newbie to this and I am sorry for all the questions but I cannot help having questions.

I know you were meaning to swear at me in your last sentence, so please be aware.

champs4life
24-03-15, 23:04
Here is a picture.

What exactly are the two RF's?

abu baniaz
24-03-15, 23:08
The text is there to explain. Are you sure these receivers are right for you?

There was a big post about "loop out" recently. Have a read of it please.

champs4life
24-03-15, 23:12
The text is there to explain. Are you sure these receivers are right for you?

There was a big post about "loop out" recently. Have a read of it please.

Why wouldnt these receivers be right for me?

What do you mean loop out? I dont even know what you are talking about.

Andy_Hazza
24-03-15, 23:44
You are probably just better off subscribing to sky or virgin as I think these boxes are gonna be just too much for you. I can't stress this enough, they are not plug n play boxes and some knowledge is needed.
Have you actually flashed your Gigablue receiver I gave you guidance on about a month ago?

champs4life
24-03-15, 23:48
You are probably just better off subscribing to sky or virgin as I think these boxes are gonna be just too much for you. I can't stress this enough, they are not plug n play boxes and some knowledge is needed.
Have you actually flashed your Gigablue receiver I gave you guidance on about a month ago?

I want a E2 box as I have heard so many good things about it.

So just because I am a newbie who doesnt understand the technical info, setup etc I shouldnt bother with these boxes?

I am disappointed that everyone is tell me not to bother. I really am trying to understand.

The Gigablue box was returned I am afraid.

Andy_Hazza
24-03-15, 23:56
Enigma 2 boxes are fantastic satellite receivers, and with the ViX image installed and loads of different plugins to choose from makes them very appealing, but they are definitely not plug n play receivers, just be aware of this!

champs4life
25-03-15, 00:00
Enigma 2 boxes are fantastic satellite receivers, and with the ViX image installed and loads of different plugins to choose from makes them very appealing, but they are definitely not plug n play receivers, just be aware of this!

I know, and I am under no illusion it is plug and plug.

But it should not be this difficult to know stuff about this boxes or install things.

judge
25-03-15, 00:02

Why was it returned?

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 00:05
It is fun and very addictive and you will no doubt pull your hair out (if you have any already that is?) along the way. lol. Patience is the key to this. What you do decide to get, box wise, read up on the tutorials, and see where it takes you.
Good luck, you may need it, but you may not. Have fun!!

champs4life
25-03-15, 00:10
It is fun and very addictive and you will no doubt pull your hair out (if you have any already that is?) along the way. lol. Patience is the key to this. What you do decide to get, box wise, read up on the tutorials, and see where it takes you.
Good luck, you may need it, but you may not. Have fun!!

Thanks man. I think I have gone bald the last few days with all the stress lol.

I do want to apologise to abu and others who I might have snapped out in frustration.

I didnt mean to as I do appreciate all the help and guidance given on here.

I just seem lost and overwhelmed at the moment.

cactikid
25-03-15, 00:16
ahh me old mate as i said if in doubt reread the q & a it is daunting at first when brain does not take it all in ,i hope you have downloaded the fantastic vix manual in pdf for pc it can explain a lot,one step at a time and this box needs 2 sat feeds 28.2 usually and/or cable feed to vm,people dont use the t tuner if cable is there all the best,poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky:D:thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 00:20
You'll not go to wrong with the Technomate TM-Nano-3T Combo. Its not the best looking box in the world, but looks are not everything and it is a quick receiver.
Like has been said previously, all receivers have teething problems from time to time n at this moment in time with this receiver it is the transcoding issue, but don't let that put you off purchasing this box.
If you order the box tomorrow from the sponsors (WoS) you will get it on Thursday. Get them to preinstall ViX for you and you will be ready to rock n ROLL!!

judge
25-03-15, 00:20
poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky:D:thumbsup:
Lots of posts don't get answered because of lack of detail or the user asking unwilling to do a forum search on questions that have been answered 1000's of times...

Larry-G
25-03-15, 00:28
I want a E2 box as I have heard so many good things about it.

So just because I am a newbie who doesnt understand the technical info, setup etc I shouldnt bother with these boxes?

I am disappointed that everyone is tell me not to bother. I really am trying to understand.

No one is telling you not to bother but you have a lot of reading to do if you want to get to grips with a Enigma2 based receiver, they are not plug and play and will require you to perform some form of maintenance to keep them running from time to time. If you think that is going to be to hard for you then you may need to consider a different system as enigma2 is not for every one. If you still want a enigma2 receiver then we will help. The first thing I would say is to go to www.openvix.co.uk and download a copy of the ViX manual, then read it.

champs4life
25-03-15, 00:28
ahh me old mate as i said if in doubt reread the q & a it is daunting at first when brain does not take it all in ,i hope you have downloaded the fantastic vix manual in pdf for pc it can explain a lot,one step at a time and this box needs 2 sat feeds 28.2 usually and/or cable feed to vm,people dont use the t tuner if cable is there all the best,poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky:D:thumbsup:

If I am being honest the Vix manual is confusing and very LONG, so can't take everything in.

Larry-G
25-03-15, 00:30
If I am being honest the Vix manual is confusing and very LONG, so can't take everything in.

No disrespect but thats the easy part, if you cant come to grips with the manual you may have a hard time setting up and maintaining a E2 based receiver. I am not trying to dissuade you but I would not want you to buy a receiver only to then have to sell it for a loss due to not being able to use it properly.

champs4life
25-03-15, 00:33
No disrespect but thats the easy part, if you cant come to grips with the manual you may have a hard time setting up and maintaining a E2 based receiver. I am not trying to dissuade you but I would not want you to buy a receiver only to then have to sell it for a loss due to not being able to use it properly.

You are right there. I am not going to argue on that point.

I just wish I could understand Enigma2 boxes like yourself and other technical minded people but I am have trouble understanding everything from the manual.

I am sorry for taking yours and others time. Please accept my sincere apologies.

judge
25-03-15, 00:38

I just wish I could understand Enigma2 boxes like yourself and other technical minded people but I am have trouble understanding everything from the manual.

I am sorry for taking yours and others time. Please accept my sincere apologies.

It's just a computer, slightly different way of using it that you may be used to.

Larry-G
25-03-15, 00:41

Believe me mate every single one of us went through the same thing with our first E2 box. I have been a satellite nerd for over 20 years, I used a E1 receiver for almost 10 years before moving to E2 and I was totally stumped, If it were not for the helpful guys here on this very forum my first E2 box would have been my last and it would be resting in a shallow grave full of number 3 lead shot by now.

We will help you as much as possible if you do decide to get a E2 based receiver I just want you to be 1000 percent sure it is the correct receiver for your needs before parting with your cash.

judge
25-03-15, 00:55
Believe me mate every single one of us went through the same thing with our first E2 box.
Not everyone really...
Bought my first E2 box in a Tescos car park in Waterford, you'd swear it was like buying a bag of drugs...
Original Solo, had it up and running an hour later. Traded it in with the same dealer in the same car park a few months later for a Duo.
Never used an E1 box, so no idea how hard the transition is.
ViX has been simple to use since day one IMO, but guess it might be down to trying pressing different buttons & seeing what they do?

cactikid
25-03-15, 01:05
what tesco carpark,will have a short spin down there soon,might get another good buy lol.:D

do take small steps at a time,i still cant get my head around boxes and more than likely the question was answered on the pdf,there is plenty on there you dont need to get box working,have faith and you will be king of the world with a smile on your face:cool::thumbsup:

judge
25-03-15, 01:16
what tesco carpark,will have a short spin down there soon
Only one Tescos in Waterford & sure he's given up dealing in that car park since...

champs4life
25-03-15, 03:08
Believe me mate every single one of us went through the same thing with our first E2 box. I have been a satellite nerd for over 20 years, I used a E1 receiver for almost 10 years before moving to E2 and I was totally stumped, If it were not for the helpful guys here on this very forum my first E2 box would have been my last and it would be resting in a shallow grave full of number 3 lead shot by now.

We will help you as much as possible if you do decide to get a E2 based receiver I just want you to be 1000 percent sure it is the correct receiver for your needs before parting with your cash.

Thanks for the kind words.I'm looking at this box specifically due to it being a combo box but also has much higher specs than a gigablue box and the old miraclebox.

In terms of price I don't know any other good box apart from the Nano 3T.

champs4life
28-03-15, 02:05
So I spoke to a few sellers selling this box they said it doesn't come with a hybrid tuner so no cable tuner just a terrestrial tuner?

I am confused as I have been told here the version of this box are the same everywhere.

Are these sellers giving me wrong information?

judge
28-03-15, 02:11
Yes, as you've been advised many times now, the tuner will work on both terrestrial & cable. Only one at a time though.

dlmlus
28-03-15, 11:39
So your only option is WOS, Cause i have this box and it definitely has a cable tuner.

Stanman
28-03-15, 12:22
So I spoke to a few sellers selling this box they said it doesn't come with a hybrid tuner so no cable tuner just a terrestrial tuner?

I am confused as I have been told here the version of this box are the same everywhere.

Did you take Abu's advise in previous posts to call Technomate and check with them??

For the LAST TIME.... This box has three tuners 2X Satellite and 1X terrestrial or Cable which is the one called a hybrid tuner.

Personally all the sellers who have told you it does not have one are the ones to steer clear as they are talking crap.

Have you spoken to the forum sponsor?

cactikid
28-03-15, 12:36
not having this box as the boys say it can do both ,thinking when setting up your tuner config one can change from dvb/c to dvb/t to prove it does both:D

Sicilian
28-03-15, 13:56

See here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

2x HD Satellite (DVB-S/S2) + 1x HD Hybrid Cable / Terrestrial (DVB-C/T/T2) Tuners

rossi2000
28-03-15, 14:08
the problem nowadays there are too many manufacturers of E2 boxes so its overwhelming for a newbie.

abu baniaz
28-03-15, 15:07
Here is a video of the tuner configuration, VLC will play it fine. If the sellers you mention say it does not have a hybrid tuner and you want a hybrid tuner, don't buy from them. Buy from the sellers who sell one which has.

Technomate's number is 020 8884 0701.

I am closing this thread now.

Sicilian
28-03-15, 17:03
Can 't believe this has turned into a 9 pages thread :rolleyes: