PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] recording issue

cosie
22-03-15, 23:39
hi guys I have a very strange problem.ive flashed the latest build on my solo2 today and done a manual scan on both tuners with the settings simple single on 28.2 east as normal and both find nearly 600 channles. I then setup ABM then scan for my bouquet.at this point I loose my picture as its scanning but get it back when its finished.from my understanding it should use the free tuner to scan?
anyways I finished ABM and watched a few programmes then I wanted to check to see if I can record.so I pressed record on sky sports 1 and all is ok then I went to my channel list and all is ok and I can watch other sky channels no problem.BUT if I go to any bbc or itv or ch4 or 5 I get a tune failed only when im recording another channel.any help would be great guys thanks

cactikid
23-03-15, 00:06
recheck your tuner feeds as one is down i think.

forgot to ask if you are using mgcamd 1.38 or cccam 2.3.0 for multisat tuner boxes:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 00:07
Do you have cables from dish to both tuners?
What is each tuner configured as?

cosie
23-03-15, 00:11
Yes I have feeds to both tuners.both set simple single on 28.2.my first thought was I had a feed down but both tuners find 586 channels thanks for your replys

judge
23-03-15, 00:14
settings simple single on 28.2 east as normal and both find nearly 600 channles.

Where are you based? 28.2E should pull in a lot more than 600 channels on a full scan if in UK or IRE.
Sounds like your dish may need adjusting.
Also, no real need to run a full scan, AMB will take care of this sat just fine.

cactikid
23-03-15, 00:17
autobouquetmaker =abm he is referring to.

cosie
23-03-15, 00:19
I just done a ABM scan to make sure.im scanning sky uk and Ireland.in total I get
1115 video and 106 radio would that be correct thanks for your time agan

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 00:22
If a conventional scan (i.e not ABM or AB 28.2) is finding 586 channels on both tuners, you have a misaligned dish. You should be getting over 900 channels on a conventional scan. ABM uses a TP that is available to most parts of europe. Just because it gets the data, it does not mean your dish is aligned correctly. Try the channels that had tune failed before.

cosie
23-03-15, 00:30
Sorry guys I forgot to mention that I have a duo in the kitchen using the same dish and lmb without any issues.it must be one of my feeds into the solo2.just doesn't make sense as I don't get any errors running a sat scan on 28.2e will check all my feeds to the solo2 in the morning thanks agan

cosie
23-03-15, 00:32
Btw I am getting over 900 channels on a conventional scan

cactikid
23-03-15, 00:42
as box only uses 1 tuner to scan on and both tuners are setup the same,sometimes moving box slightly can doit.

chaser
23-03-15, 00:43
If you are getting more than 900 channels, then it sounds like one of your feeds or one of your tuners is not working. I would recommend that you remove one of the cables from the back of your box and then try a conventional scan. If that works, then replace that cable into the same tuner, and remove the other cable, and scan again.

bbbuk
23-03-15, 09:24
If you Duo2 is setup for twin S2, could you do try solo2 in place of your duo2 and see if it is okay then?

cosie
23-03-15, 10:18
That's the fist thing I done this morning bbbuk and the solo2 is working perfect,so I guess there's a problem with one of my feeds in the front room.all f connectors seem fine on both ends so I'll run some tests I guess thanks for all the help

abu baniaz
23-03-15, 12:21
Just to let you know, apparently some quad lnbs have issues when two receivers are connected simultaneously. If you still have issues after checking connections, also test shutting down and switching off one receiver.

cosie
23-03-15, 12:54
Thanks abu.im doing continuity tests with my multimeter on the rf cables.they all seem ok so far.is there any other way to test rf cable integrity

cosie
23-03-15, 16:10
Well I finally found the problem
As I said before I done some continuity tests and found one of the feeds had no continuity on the outer cable but inner cable was ok lol
So I replaced that cable and all is up and running perfect so I guess that's why I was getting a strange symptom as the inner cable was working[emoji3]

bbbuk
23-03-15, 16:13
Well I finally found the problem
As I said before I done some continuity tests and found one of the feeds had no continuity on the outer cable but inner cable was ok lol
So I replaced that cable and all is up and running perfect so I guess that's why I was getting a strange symptom as the inner cable was working[emoji3]Glad you sorted it.

I always thought the inner copper cable is one that carries the signal and the smaller outer copper strands are just to reduce interference.

I have heard of problems if outer copper strands are touching the main inner copper cable though.

cosie
23-03-15, 16:16
It's hard to imagine the outer cable at fault anyway tbh but there was definitely a break on the outer that's why I was getting conflicting errors when scanning and such I guess

Piranha
26-03-15, 22:20
The central conductor in co-axial cable to the LNB does indeed carry the RF signal, but both the inner and outer (braid) are required to supply the 13/18 volt DC switching that toggles the LNB vertical/horizontal polarisation.

If using screw-on F-type connectors, I always put amalgamating tape on both external and internal connections when making them up, as it takes very little force to pull the co-ax partially out of the connector.

As you have found out, although you might have the RF signal via the inner, no 13/18v supply to the LNB means that it is permanently either Vertically or Horizontally polarised, such that the tuner can only 'see' the channels having the polarity the LNB is stuck in, hence lots of apparently 'missing' channels!

Glad you found the fault!

cosie
26-03-15, 22:53
Thanks for the info piranha.i do find that the f connector are very tight and almost impossible to get of when needed.all makes sense now with the outer cable being brocken.i just ran a new cable and it is perfect now.there must be a break somewhere but it's definitely not on either end so must have failed