PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is the difference

joysleep1
22-03-15, 18:10
On some websites, when you look to order the xtrend 10000 it gives you the option between:

2x DVB-S2 2x DVB-C or
2x DVB-S2 2x DVB-C/T2

What does the extra t2 mean and is that an advantage to have? I think it means something terrestrial

Thanks

electrocop
22-03-15, 18:27
DVB-T2 is second generation digital terrestrial transmission standard - basically Freeview HD in UK

joysleep1
22-03-15, 18:30
DVB-T2 is second generation digital terrestrial transmission standard - basically Freeview HD in UK

So with dvb-c..thats just cable. You do not need the t2 part if you plan to use cable only right?

Peterj
22-03-15, 19:47
So with dvb-c..thats just cable. You do not need the t2 part if you plan to use cable only right?

That's correct.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 19:50
That's correct.

Oh ok.. But if I choose just to get the dvb - c. I can still use the loop function to another dvb-c tuner right?

Peterj
22-03-15, 19:53
Oh ok.. But if I choose just to get the dvb - c. I can still use the loop function to another dvb-c tuner right?

Yes, you can also loop-true with a dvb-c tuner. From the second dvb-c tuner you can loop to your TV-set, if you want.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 20:07
Yes, you can also loop-true with a dvb-c tuner. From the second dvb-c tuner you can loop to your TV-set, if you want.

Oh ok. What do you mean from the second tuner looping to the TV set. I plan to loop tuner c output into tuner d input. I'll have no more free tuners after that.
Sorry for the questions. That comment just intrigued me.

Peterj
22-03-15, 20:30
Don't you have a tv-set with dvb-c tuner to watch cable channels?
If so, you do not have to use a splitter but feed your tv-set from the dvb-c tuner D.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 20:34
Don't you have a tv-set with dvb-c tuner to watch cable channels?
If so, you do not have to use a splitter but feed your tv-set from the dvb-c tuner D.

Well my main feed is the virgin media cable that's coming into my house via the box outside. This is where I get my cable channels. So I plan to insert that cable into tuner c and loop that into tuner d so I can record one cable channel and watch another. My TV will display picture via hdmi.
Hope that makes sense and will work. Please inform me if this idea won't work.

Peterj
22-03-15, 20:51
Of course this will work.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 20:57
Of course this will work.

Oh ok. Thanks Peter. Really helpful. One more thing I wanted to ask. Not sure if I should make a new thread.

It says the xtrend et10000 can take 2.5 inch hardrive. I plan to take out the one from my solo2. Would this fit straight away or would I have to insert it into a caddy first?

Peterj
22-03-15, 21:10
Looking at the HD bay, you can mount a 2.5 inch directly.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 21:26
Looking at the HD bay, you can mount a 2.5 inch directly.

Brilliant. Thanks a lot Peter. Appreciate it.

joysleep1
30-03-15, 13:27
Hey all
I'm starting to think I ordered the wrong tuner configuration for my xtrend. I ordered the two satellite tuners and two dvb-c tuners. I didn't get the dvb-c/t2.
So for some reason I'm not picking up cable channels. With the mut@nt I think it came with dvb-c/t2 tuners and it scanned some.
Do I really need the t2 part of the tuner?

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 13:41
You do not nned teh T2 tuner unless you want to use for the Terrestrail HD.

You have not posted what your setup is in detail, nor any debug logs. In your interests to avoid others guessing.

joysleep1
30-03-15, 14:02
You do not nned teh T2 tuner unless you want to use for the Terrestrail HD.

You have not posted what your setup is in detail, nor any debug logs. In your interests to avoid others guessing.
Hi abu
Sorry i dont think i received any debug logs when i was scanning for channels.
My tuner configuration is 2 satellite and two dvb-c cable tuners. I will post my set up in full again when i get home.
Thanks