PDA

View Full Version : moving internal 2.5inch hardrive from one receiver to another

joysleep1
22-03-15, 00:11
Hi

I have a solo2 with a 500gb internal hardrive. Can i just take it out and insert it into another linux receiver just like that or do i have to format it and delete everything on it. ?
Thanks

abu baniaz
22-03-15, 00:15
I fit is in ext file system, you can just connect to another receiver. No need to format/initialise.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 00:52
I fit is in ext file system, you can just connect to another receiver. No need to format/initialise.

Sorry abu, what do you mean ext file system. It is currently working on my solo2 and has been initialised. So i can just take it out and put it in another receiver without any problems yh?

I think it is in a ext file system. There is an option for me to convert ext3 file system to ext4

abu baniaz
22-03-15, 00:56
If you initialised it in the recever, it will be in the ext file system. You can just connect to your other receiver.

"ext" is a file system. Like fat/fat32.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 01:07
If you initialised it in the recever, it will be in the ext file system. You can just connect to your other receiver.

"ext" is a file system. Like fat/fat32.

oh ok so thats perfect then.
Thanks

manicscrewdriver
22-03-15, 13:38
If worst comes to worst you can always ftp the files to your PC and then ftp them back once the HDD has been installed in the new receiver. Its always worked for me.

I still have stuff on my E2 receiver that i recorded on my old DM7020Si from TPS and Multivision when the packages were open on keys before being closed down after they were absorbed by Canal+ France :D