PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] OpenVPN and PIA Setup Problems

Wallsballs
21-03-15, 23:07
Hello all,

I am trying to get openVPN running on my VU+ Duo 2 that I have just purchased from world-of-satellite but i am struggling.

I had vix preinstalled for me so i am running Apollo, build 153.

I have followed this guide to the letter:

For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.

1. goto the client support pages of private internet access site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)

2. from the zip file we need ca.crt crl.pem and any ovpn file

3. edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf.

4. open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)

5. create a password.conf file

6. go to Private Internet Access site and log into your control panel. Generate a PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password using the button within the control panel and add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.

7. place all 4 files (ca.crt, crl.pem, client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn)

8. reboot your vu+

9. start the service from the settings - network - openvpn

10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo

This should do the trick.

But when i start the openVPN service it shows as running but I lose all internet access, only when i disable the service do i get internet access back.

I have followed the instructions and done them four times but no luck I am guessing it cant connected to the VPN server?

Being a noob at all this dosent help, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks