PDA

View Full Version : Hi. So many choices of sat boxes. Study time I think.

Ashley69
21-03-15, 20:25
Hi all.
Well this is going to be a nice learning curve.
I'm going to splash out on a nice new Sat box.
Having had a quick look through the options I realise this is not going to be easy. (so many makes and models.)
Ok. I have tinkered with cloned sat boxes in the past. (Cloud Ibox with vix image is one) but I am now looking to splash put on a proper box.
My initial thoughts are leading me to the Vu+duo 2 which seems to be very popular but I'm sure other people will have a different view.
Her indoors has made it clear the box needs to be able to record any series she may wish to record. (series link required).
I will leave it at that for now and wait for any advice members may give.
Thanks

john doe
21-03-15, 20:30
Vu's are great boxes, i have two different one's solo2 and zero. you may want to check the mutant, seems everyone is raving about them. although my cuz has the duo2, he love it.

djkross
21-03-15, 20:42
You don't need a series recorder, tsmedia is what you need [emoji12] but a vu+ solo2 is what I have got and never looked back since! Beats a openbox anyday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nsw9154
21-03-15, 21:31
I have both the Duo2 and the Mut@nt and the Mut@nt is my favorite out of the two, and the novelty of the LCD screen on the Duo2 soon wears off but that is just my opinion I also have a Golden Interstar XPEED LX3 and Gigablue Quad+ they are also very capable receivers on par with the Duo2 but they can not match the Mut@nt for versatility and performance, but at the end of the day it probably boils down to your individual preferences all the receivers that I have mentioned are worthy choices

Ashley69
21-03-15, 22:30
[QUOTE=djkross;346348]You don't need a series recorder, tsmedia is what you need [emoji12] but a vu+ solo2 is what I have got and never looked back since! Beats a openbox anyday.

Thanks for the reply.
Not sure how TSmedia replaces a record series link. I've tinkered with tsmedia using proxies and openvpn without great success. Found it very slow and cumbersome on the cloud Ibox but it may be different on a VU+ 2 or a M@tant
Reverted to using Kodi on my apple tv for streaming stuff which is so much better.