PDA

View Full Version : views on ths box

thor1
20-03-15, 16:47
as anyone got one of these receiver, if so how does perform I would like some opinions before I buy

john doe
20-03-15, 16:57
my mate has one, and he cant fault it. i had a little play on it and seems good. am a VU+ man myself.

nsw9154
20-03-15, 17:04
I had the Miraclebox HD twin and it was a nice receiver but I had to sell it when I bought my LX3 as they used the same remote and with them both going to be used in the same room 1 had to go so I bought a Duo2, but the Ultra looks like a much better receiver with it's uprated processor my twin only had a dual a 750ghz and was a little slow compared to my LX3 but the Ultra should be on par with the top machines, and if I did not already have the LX3 I would probably buy one :)

Andy_Hazza
20-03-15, 19:29
I would opt for the Vu+ Solo2 or better still, get the Mut@nt HD2400 if you can afford one. [emoji106]

thor1
20-03-15, 20:42
I want plug and play tuners and would prefer it to take 3.5 drive

Andy_Hazza
20-03-15, 21:33
Go with the Duo2 then buddy. [emoji106]

nsw9154
20-03-15, 22:43
The Duo2 is also a good choice if you want to have 3.5" Hard Drives I have a 3TB Toshiba fitted in mine, and I payed a lot more than the current price when I upgraded from my Solo2

cactikid
21-03-15, 00:46
The Duo2 is also a good choice if you want to have 3.5" Hard Drives I have a 3TB Toshiba fitted in mine, and I payed a lot more than the current price when I upgraded from my Solo2

ya fecker:D 3tb have they pushed the boundaries again thought it was 2 tb max:D:thumbsup:

nsw9154
21-03-15, 02:54
yep 3TB running fine never had a problem with it, probably a little bit over the top but at least I will never run out of recording space when the Motorbikes start back up :D

Andy_Hazza
21-03-15, 08:47
yep 3TB running fine never had a problem with it, probably a little bit over the top but at least I will never run out of recording space when the Motorbikes start back up :D

Norm loves his motorbikes. Vvvvrrrrooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

nsw9154
21-03-15, 11:18
yep MotoGP starts next week every race on BT Sports in HD :D :smiley_yup:

cactikid
21-03-15, 11:47
sorry to hear no 3 d " no coming atcha then ":D

Sicilian
21-03-15, 12:44
I want plug and play tuners and would prefer it to take 3.5 drive

For the slight difference in cost your better to invest the extra and go for the HD2400, also 2.5" HDD will be lots quieter.

nsw9154
21-03-15, 14:40
The Mut@nt is a fantastic receiver and currently my favorite over the Duo2 & Quad+

not really noticed the Hard Drives, mind you I do have time-shift turned on with all my receivers :)

imish
24-03-15, 19:26
Have both a Miracle Ultra & VU Solo2 - I find the Miracle faster - a lot more memory.

The physical design of the Solo is better and the remote is of a slightly better quality / tactile feel.

nsw9154
24-03-15, 19:39
Just noticed that the M.Box Ultra has 2GB Flash and 1GB DDR3 compared to my Mut@mt that has 1GB Flash and 2GB DDR3 and the Mut@nt is super fast, the Solo2 sadly only has 256MB Flash but dose have 1GB DDR3 and was once the fastest kid on the block and still is pretty fast imagine if VU upgraded it to 1GB Flash 2GB DDR3 like the Duo2 :eek:

john doe
24-03-15, 19:56
is there a way of updating the ram on solo2???

nsw9154
24-03-15, 20:08
I would not think so as it will be a chip soldered directly on the motherboard, but it would be nice if it was a plug in module like in a PC now that would be an upgrade :D

Tunder
26-03-15, 18:52
Hello All
I just received my Ultra, very nice receiver, I don't like the image it comes with, what would be the best image for this receiver.
One problem I found is when I try to resize the screen so all the test fits the screen it does not work, left/right or up/down.
Appreciate any comments.
Chewie

john doe
26-03-15, 18:54
I would not think so as it will be a chip soldered directly on the motherboard, but it would be nice if it was a plug in module like in a PC now that would be an upgrade :D

you think this maybe something to consider for the future, where people can upgrade

john doe
26-03-15, 18:56
Hello All
I just received my Ultra, very nice receiver, I don't like the image it comes with, what would be the best image for this receiver.
One problem I found is when I try to resize the screen so all the test fits the screen it does not work, left/right or up/down.
Appreciate any comments.
Chewie

you on vix or other image? if on vix image you can adjust it, you need to play around till you get it right

Tunder
27-03-15, 16:06
Hello John
I am not on Vix Image yet, i never had this problem on VU+ DUO2 with vix image, I will set it up with vix and see what happens.
I also noticed the front panel up/down led's next to the power led, they suppose to switch the channels up or down, my box, adjusts the volume up or down, I don't think is the image, I try the original image and 2 others and the same thing, the power led work like is intended. maybe the owners of this box can clear this for me.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Tunder

Tunder
30-03-15, 03:27
you on vix or other image? if on vix image you can adjust it, you need to play around till you get it right

Hello John
I installed the VIX image and still can not adjust the OSD POSITION, I don't know if this is a Image issue or driver issue, When I play with it it just does not move, I hope Someone can fix it so people can try different skins.
Regards.
Tunder

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 06:19
You have to resize before you can move it.

Tunder
30-03-15, 16:08
Thanks for your comments abu, that is exactly what I do, I know on my VU+ for the horizontal I only have to go down like to 692 from the default and it moves to the left, than i move the left/right.
on the Ultra I go down more, like 650 and nothing happens, how far do I have to decrease the numbers before i can see any horizontal movement.
Another thing that does not work is CEC HDMI, it works fine with VU+ VIX image.
I can't believe other owners haven't noticed this issues, unless I am the only owner, or I got a lemon.
Regards.
Tunder