PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Timer Playback puzzle

dermies
19-03-15, 00:24
Hi, a few months ago I stopped using Vix on my Gigablue Quad as it would freeze shortly into Timer playback, with a spinning Vix logo. Only option was to physically reboot the box. The GB has a 1Tb internal WD drive.

Consensus at the time was that it was a driver issue that Gigablue needed to fix.

I've been using Mips 4.2 without issue for the last few months, it is a decent image. The main thing I missed was the tighter plugin integration of Vix for e.g. EPG search.

Today I reflashed with the latest build, Apollo 153.

All was fine until I tried to play a previously recorded Timer. Same issue as before. After starting playback, several minutes in the video and soundtrack seemed to lose sync, tried to correct, then froze. Hard reboot needed. Tried again with Fast forward during a timer playback, which also didn't want to work, either using the number buttons or the fast forward arrow keys. Result was stutters then freeze.

Has a cause or solution to this issue been identified yet? I'm hoping its something simple!

Many thanks

chrismoore02
29-03-15, 22:42
I have this same issue I have tried 3 different drives all the same even tried an ssd drive. It crashes when pausing playback or stopping a recording

judge
29-03-15, 22:46
It crashes when pausing playback or stopping a recording

Crash = crash log, found by default in /home/root/logs/
Please upload one or it's just guess work that helps no one.

Larry-G
30-03-15, 17:33
Guys we appreciate you taking the time to report this bug but as judge says, we need the crash logs for these events otherwise we are just guessing and frankly that's just a waste of not only our time but yours as well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

chrismoore02
30-03-15, 19:12
will it generate a crash log if i just get the spinning vix logo and the box does not respond to anything my only option is to hard power off the box?

if so i will get the logs for you

chrismoore02
30-03-15, 19:23
i have just changed the drivers on my box to these older drivers gigablue-drivers-3.14.2-gbquadseries-20141226 and the pausing live tv and rewinding is now working ok this is looking like a driver issue.

i do still have an issue if i watch something ondemand then press the stop button this causes the box to just display a black screen again with the spinning vix logo

dermies
01-04-15, 20:21
will it generate a crash log if i just get the spinning vix logo and the box does not respond to anything my only option is to hard power off the box?

That was what also prevented me posting crash logs. I thought that the hard reboot prevented any useful information, my mistake if that is wrong.
I think everyone does appreciate any attempts to help even if flying blind.

The very very GOOD news is that I found a solution in another thread that has left my box working nearly perfectly - touchwood - for the last 10 days.
This thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?43152-Unable-to-playback-recording-correctly-pixelation-and-glitchy)

Changing the Display Settings to 50Hz and 1080p and rebooted worked.
Almost zero playback or recording issues now. Sometimes doesn't resume playback at right spot, otherwise fine.
Thanks again guys.

Huevos
01-04-15, 21:25
No crash logs if there is no crash... but if you turn on debug logs these show what leads up to an endless spinner.

chrismoore02
02-04-15, 22:29
Changing from 60hz to 50hz has made my box 100% more reliable

nsw9154
03-04-15, 03:28
I find it best to have my crash logs saved to the Hard Drive it is easy to do, in Logs/Settings the Logs location is /home/root/ just press the Left or Right button either side of the OK button and it will change to /media/hdd then press the GREEN Button to save it and after that all your logs will be saved to it's Hard Drive :thumbsup::D