PDA

View Full Version : How to tell what image on have on my Vu+ Duo

doomdoom88
18-03-15, 19:31
Hello
I've just brought a Genuine Vu+ Duo and I would like to install the Black Hole image but I need to find out what image I have on the box first because I think if I have OpenGL I can't use Black Hole?
Also does anyone know if I can use Black Hole 2.1.5​ on my Vu+ Duo because i'm not sure if its just for the Vu+ Duo 2?
Thanks in advance :)

Larry-G
18-03-15, 19:35
If the receiver is genuine then there is no reason why any BH image for it would not load, just be sure you use the correct image as the Duo and Duo2 are different receivers and the images are not cross compatible.

To find what the current image is go to Menu> Information> About.

doomdoom88
18-03-15, 20:15
If the receiver is genuine then there is no reason why any BH image for it would not load, just be sure you use the correct image as the Duo and Duo2 are different receivers and the images are not cross compatible.

To find what the current image is go to Menu> Information> About.

I have formatted a USB stick to Fat32, made a folder call vuplus with another folder called duo inside and copied boot_cfe_auto.jffs2, kernel_cfe_auto and root_cfe_auto.jffs2 into the duo folder, tuned the box off via the switch at the back, inserted the USB into the front USB slot under the flap and tuned the box back on but for some reason the box just loads the old image up. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

doomdoom88
18-03-15, 22:48
I have formatted a USB stick to Fat32, made a folder call vuplus with another folder called duo inside and copied boot_cfe_auto.jffs2, kernel_cfe_auto and root_cfe_auto.jffs2 into the duo folder, tuned the box off via the switch at the back, inserted the USB into the front USB slot under the flap and tuned the box back on but for some reason the box just loads the old image up. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

I have solved it now by using another USB stick :)