PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] AutoBouquetMaker/ Autobouquets by lraizer Difference?

shadowman007
18-03-15, 17:49
Just wanted to know whats the difference between AutoBouquetMaker and Autobouquets by lraizer ? am currently using Autobouquets by lraizer which I hear is more customizable then AutoBouquetMaker? don't know what are the differences? but I have never used AutoBouquetMaker. Also which option needs to be selected to get all the UK channels including a channel like setanta sports in AutoBouquetMaker? Also will SNP picons work with AutoBouquetMaker?

Larry-G
18-03-15, 18:10
Autobouquets by Lraizer only supports sky uk, ABM by the OE-ALLIANCE (ViX) Supports something like 20 satellite, cable and terrestrial providers throughout Europe, and is being continuously improved / updated.

shadowman007
18-03-15, 18:16
Autobouquets by Lraizer only supports sky uk, ABM by the OE-ALLIANCE (ViX) Supports something like 20 satellite, cable and terrestrial providers throughout Europe, and is being continuously improved / updated.

Thanks for that, also will picons SNP work with AutoBouquetMaker and can I have them on a USB stick?

Larry-G
18-03-15, 18:20
Thanks for that, also will picons SNP work with AutoBouquetMaker and can I have them on a USB stick?

Of course they will both ABM and the SNP picons format were created and are maintained on this very forum.

shadowman007
18-03-15, 18:27
Of course they will both ABM and the SNP picons format were created and are maintained on this very forum.

Yeah it's just that with the Autobouquets by Lraizer the SNP picons need to be kept on a ext file system as you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device (USB)

Larry-G
18-03-15, 18:29
ABM and the SNP picon format are a ViX / OE-A creation so they are fully compatible. LraiZers plugin is his own creation and updated by him so it can be a while before certain updates get included.

abu baniaz
18-03-15, 18:33
If you are using a Duo2, we are getting conflicting reports about SNPs on the LCD. Some people say they work, some people say they don't.

This is probably because there are two displays on the Duo2.

I sent an email to the author of linux4lcd, it bounced. Even for normal picons, the plugin is re-doing things instead of importing things.

The only thing ABM lacks in comparison to AB 28.2 in terms of functionality is "custom sort".

ABM's "Custom LCN" is the same as "Custom swap" on AB 28.2

Huevos
18-03-15, 20:35
The only thing ABM lacks in comparison to AB 28.2 in terms of functionality is "custom sort".Just to clarify that point... In AB 28.2, "Sort 3" allows the users to create bouquets where the "sections" bouquets follow a different order to the "main" bouquet.

So if you want that go for AB 28.2. But if you want a plugin that is active maintained, with with almost instant bug fixes and new providers being frequently added, go for ABM.