PDA

View Full Version : multiple RaspPi with Kodi streaming from central Enigma2 box ?

pascalspits
18-03-15, 14:49
Hi,

Is there a way to use 1 (powerfull) Enigma2 box (with multiple tuners of course) to stream out to multiple Kodi stations (Rasp Pi) at the same time ?

I would like to put 1 (or do I need more than 1 ?) sat reciever in the garage and set it up as a "stream server" for Kodi, so everywhere in the house we can watch TV over the LAN (using RPi/Kodi with the PVR plugin from Joerg) ...

This would actually free us from putting coax cable in all the rooms, Cat6 is already there anyway, so ... and permit us to just slam a cheap RPi on the back of every TV instead of putting ******** with every TV and all the wiring that goes with it ...

The LAN is Gigabit, so no problem there, I suspect ...

Does this makes sense ?

Are there some sat-boxes that could handle this ?

... I wonder if this "wild" idea has a chance of becoming reality ?

Cheers
Pascal

judge
18-03-15, 15:23
Yes, its a reality.
Just depends on the server box & amount of tuners it has to share from.

pascalspits
18-03-15, 15:40
awesome !

which box do I need for this ?

my LNB have 2 outputs, so 2 tuners is ok ?

pascalspits
18-03-15, 15:42
can multiple RPi watch streams from the same server box ?

pz8l8t
18-03-15, 16:42
In theory it should work. If you only have 2 outputs then you would only need 2 pi's. If you get a lnb with say 4-8 outputs then you would need a receiver that is capable of more than 2 inputs i.e. duo2 with extra tuner modules installed.

That said I have only ever had a pi streaming and me watching another channel on the sat box. That seemed to work just fine. The VuPlus plugin seams stable enough but I haven't really stress tested it in the manner you are suggesting. Somebody else might have a view on this.

If you samsung smart tvs them pembo's software would mean you would need the pi's.

abu baniaz
18-03-15, 18:41
The Mutant has 4 tuner slots.

judge
19-03-15, 05:07
The more tuners with feeds, the better for sharing sat. Each tuner can only share the currently used channel & anything else on that transponder.