PDA

View Full Version : TS Media on Vu+Zero

Costactc
17-03-15, 21:53
I have been attempting to watch iptv streams from TS Media with my Vu+zero but have been having some issues. When I go to menu and select tsmedia and then iptv_tv and select which stream I want to see it shows me that it is attempting to stream but it never does, am I doing something wrong or do I need to add something.

duoduo
17-03-15, 21:56
You need a vpn, your issue is due to isp blocking

Costactc
17-03-15, 22:14
Kind of new to this, what is a vpn

DogsDinner
17-03-15, 22:24
VPN means virtual private network. Basically, it encrypts your connection so your ISP can't see what you're connecting too, thus they can't block your access. Do a search for 'Smart DNS'... This is similar to VPN, but faster and easier to set up. You'll find extensive tutorials on the Smart DNS providers websites. :) hope this helps :)

Costactc
17-03-15, 22:34
Thanks for your reply, can the zero be used with smart dns

Larry-G
17-03-15, 22:48
You need a vpn, your issue is due to isp blocking

He's based in North America mate so not sure if a VPN applies here.

@ CC (VPN = Virtual Private Network) to allow you to get around and court appointed IP blocks for streaming sites etc.

Costactc
17-03-15, 22:51
I checked out smart dns and it looks interesting but can it be used in some way with the zero

DogsDinner
17-03-15, 22:51
Thanks for your reply, can the zero be used with smart dns

Sure, just a case of popping a few numbers in the right place :)

DogsDinner
17-03-15, 22:53
If you go into the network tab, you'll see DNS in the adapter settings, its just a case of changing that IP address to the one the Smart DNS provider gives you :thumbsup:

Costactc
17-03-15, 23:08
Sounds easy, thanks m8.

Costactc
18-03-15, 20:25
If you go into the network tab, you'll see DNS in the adapter settings, its just a case of changing that IP address to the one the Smart DNS provider gives you :thumbsup:

After I have changed the ip address do I need to set anything up on my zero?

Costactc
18-03-15, 22:06
I managed to enter both dns ip addresses but not sure how to proceed on my zero.