PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] All User please read! Build 155 will need a fresh flash and setup!

Sicilian
17-03-15, 16:16
As the title, to let all users know build 155 once built and released will require a complete fresh flash and setup, this is due to big changes in the skin GIT in preparation for the next OE-A core.

EDIT 21/03/15: We advise to do a complete fresh flash and setup.

EDIT 2 - 21/03/15: All members please note that image build 155 has been released on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk), but please not re-flash if you require access to plugin feeds, wait for feeds to be set back to stable. See the status icons on the Forum and www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk).

EDIT 3 - 21/03/15: We've found a E2 bootloop in the VU+ Ultimo image, VU+ Ultimo users please do not update or re-flash, wait for next build. Feeds have been set to unstable.

bbbuk
17-03-15, 18:04
Thanks for letting us know.

Am I correct in thinking (well hoping) the new OE-A core will support new gstreamer and I assume VU+ is supporting this new gstreamer version as well?

I'm sure I read that the last OE-A core update was postponed due to lack of support from VU+ and another box manufacturer (that you don't supply images for anyhow) with regards to updating their gstreamer !!

rossi2000
17-03-15, 18:07
yup new gstreamer for new core.

vus should be ok, will be running some tests soon.

Larry-G
17-03-15, 18:08
We postponed our upgrade to the new core to allow Vu+ to pull their finger out and get their G-streamer support sorted, personally I would have just released and left them behind but thats Just me. No idea which other manufacturer your talking about, but if it's not one we support it has no relevance to us.

bellejt
17-03-15, 19:12
so it will not be possible to restore settings ?

Sicilian
17-03-15, 20:12
To clear things up a little, 154 will not have the new OE-A core, skins stuff was part of the preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
17-03-15, 21:00
Will we be expecting a new image name change?

Sicilian
17-03-15, 21:03

Soon, not for 154 though.

Sicilian
17-03-15, 21:04

Probably not.

divil_a_bit
17-03-15, 21:05

I also want to know the answer to this one? What does a "fresh flash and setup" mean exactly?

Andy_Hazza
17-03-15, 21:08
I also want to know the answer to this one? What does a "fresh flash and setup" mean exactly?

As it says buddy, you will need to do a fresh flash with no backup so a fresh install like new.
Not a problem for me as I regularly do fresh installs. All my settings are on my pc n just ftp them over, takes me 10 mins max to set my box up fresh.

divil_a_bit
17-03-15, 21:13
Thanks Andy
So is there a list of config files I can manually copy from my receiver before I upgrade and copy back once the upgrade is complete? I always thought that's what an automated restore of the settings did (i.e. zip up a bunch of config files and copy them to the internal HDD ... then wipe the flash on the box with the latest image and unzip the config files from the HDD)

matt007
17-03-15, 22:01
For an end user, what exactly are the changes in this build?

bbbuk
17-03-15, 22:12
Not a problem for me as I regularly do fresh installs. All my settings are on my pc n just ftp them over, takes me 10 mins max to set my box up fresh.Only takes me about 10mins max as well as I always do fresh flash with no backup restore. The only thing I copy/paste are the timers.xml and autotimer.xml from /etc/engima2/

For an end user, what exactly are the changes in this build?Only thing I know is that the new OE-A core introduces new gstreamer which is used for handling multimedia files (playback, streaming, etc).

As for anything else I'm not sure and I too would be interested in knowing. Is there a OE-A changelog or something?

Larry-G
17-03-15, 22:50

When the new image comes out with the new OE-A core yes, thats to prevent users using personal backups etc between the two images causing them selves and us unnecessary issues.

rossi2000
18-03-15, 00:59
For an end user, what exactly are the changes in this build?

on this occasion, its not as much for the end user but for the dev side of things.

all the skins have been collated into 1 git, so its easier to manage, maintain and improve.
all package names and revisions have changed, so a fresh flash is best to save on any incompatiblities between old and new names for the skins.

birdman
18-03-15, 02:13
As the title, to let all users know build 154 once built and released..Is this likely to be within the next day or two, or not for another week+?
Just curious....

Game2Freak
18-03-15, 09:35
If your going to be changing the image name soon, will this require a fresh install as well?

bbbuk
18-03-15, 09:38
If your going to be changing the image name soon, will this require a fresh install as well?Yes, it is.

beson
18-03-15, 10:25
Can I get backupfiles for the networkconfig and tunerconfig to restore at a fresh flash?

If so, where can I find these files?

linsladeboy
18-03-15, 19:30
As it says buddy, you will need to do a fresh flash with no backup so a fresh install like new.
Not a problem for me as I regularly do fresh installs. All my settings are on my pc n just ftp them over, takes me 10 mins max to set my box up fresh.

Hi Andy, by "all my settings on my pc" do you mean channel settings which I also have backed up or otherwise?
Can you please elaborate as I am pretty new to this and don't want to spend hours setting up box after a fresh reflash if possible.

divil_a_bit
18-03-15, 20:41
I'd also like to know how to get my settings back if I do a fresh install. I have made many changes to my config since Apollo 60 since I first purchased my receiver ... a lot of these settings I can't remember at this stage.

Andy_Hazza
18-03-15, 20:42
Hi mate, on my pc I have my timers, picons and cam info saved, obviously the timers I do prior to fresh flashing as timers can vary depending on what you are recording. I use ABM and crossEPG and I only have a 28.2 setup so easy to setup tuners from fresh. Obviously all depends on your setup etc.

dragontm
18-03-15, 21:05
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?

Huevos
18-03-15, 21:15
For an end user, what exactly are the changes in this build?From an end user point of view, you'll notice a few changes in Plugins browser, and some bug fixes. But under-the-hood there's been a huge amount of work (especially by Rossi) to prepare for the new OE-A core and a big PLi merge (thanks to Andy).

bbbuk
18-03-15, 22:15
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?Do you have a VU box by any chance?

Just that the latest VU drivers released a day or two ago, mentioned something about blurred graphic problem!

bbbuk
18-03-15, 22:21
From an end user point of view, you'll notice a few changes in Plugins browser, and some bug fixes. But under-the-hood there's been a huge amount of work (especially by Rossi) to prepare for the new OE-A core and a big PLi merge (thanks to Andy).I would like to thank Rossi, Andy and anyone else involved for their hard work.

Huevos
18-03-15, 23:51
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?If the STB is a Vu+, build 154 will contain the 17/03 drivers that address the blurriness issue.

dude1
19-03-15, 01:05
I'd also like to know how to get my settings back if I do a fresh install. I have made many changes to my config since Apollo 60 since I first purchased my receiver ... a lot of these settings I can't remember at this stage.

I've changed loads of settings to customise my screens / skin layout & so on so it does take me a little longer to re-do everything to my liking from a fresh flash.

I've used the screen grab function in open webif to grab the osd for each menu of settings so I can just use those to get everything back how it was. Saves a load of trial & error. At least it's only once every few months this is needed & the rest of the time it's way quicker.

:)

Tkr001
19-03-15, 07:15
I keep a note with all my settings and the appropriate menu items to change. It's then just a matter of following my notes for the key presses on the remote. This way I don't forget anything.

linsladeboy
19-03-15, 10:18
Hi mate, on my pc I have my timers, picons and cam info saved, obviously the timers I do prior to fresh flashing as timers can vary depending on what you are recording. I use ABM and crossEPG and I only have a 28.2 setup so easy to setup tuners from fresh. Obviously all depends on your setup etc.

Ok, cheers for that!

bbbuk
19-03-15, 12:22
I've changed loads of settings to customise my screens / skin layout & so on so it does take me a little longer to re-do everything to my liking from a fresh flash....If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).

tappari
19-03-15, 13:00
If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).
So what could be the reason to flash with Apollo 154 if you again have to flash with image having totally different name and stucture?

abu baniaz
19-03-15, 13:26
To take advantage of fixes/improvements in between.

tappari
19-03-15, 14:07
To take advantage of fixes/improvements in between.
What advantages?

abu baniaz
19-03-15, 14:38
None that you would be interested in.

tappari
19-03-15, 14:51
Guess so. Waiting for something more.

dpullen87
19-03-15, 15:40
I presume all recordings are kept on clean flash, how about image backups?

abu baniaz
19-03-15, 15:40
HDD contents are not affected

dude1
19-03-15, 16:31
If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).

Thanks for the info. I might hang on then as you suggest rather than do it all twice. Is the new name build due after apollo 154?

Cheers.

rossi2000
19-03-15, 20:49
build 155 is being built now and will carry on as per usual.

the new updated core and gstreamer will come when ready, no eta atm

bbbuk
19-03-15, 21:12
build 155 is being built now and will carry on as per usual.

the new updated core and gstreamer will come when ready, no eta atmFor clarification, there is no build 154 then?

Also, do you still require us to do a clean fresh flash (with no settings restore) on this forthcoming build?

Larry-G
19-03-15, 21:28
For clarification, there is no build 154 then?

Also, do you still require us to do a clean fresh flash (with no settings restore) on this forthcoming build?

We bumped the build to 155 so that the new Vu+ drivers would be included and yes a full reflash is still required.

rossi2000
19-03-15, 21:28
nope, 155 should be the next public build.
yes clean flash (no restore) is recommended

Sicilian
19-03-15, 21:35
155 building, providing it don't fail it should be uploaded and released sat/sun, it's a complete fresh build and fresh feeds, takes approx 2-3 days.

Martincape
20-03-15, 00:08
Hi guys,

What's the state of play with connecting to a NAS with the latest updates?

I haven't upgraded since early 90 ish as people were saying they couldn't connect to a network drive after upgrading.

tomthebomb1968
20-03-15, 01:27
I'm on 153 on my duo2 and solo2 at present and have no problem using my synology nas with either

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mr_foj
20-03-15, 02:30
is there a new vu+ box out or is it for the old vu boxs

mr_foj
20-03-15, 02:30
We bumped the build to 155 so that the new Vu+ drivers would be included and yes a full reflash is still required.

judge
20-03-15, 02:45

New box since when?
It's for all supported boxes, not just VU.

Sicilian
21-03-15, 08:16
We've found a E2 boot loop crash in VU+ Ultimo image, feeds set to unstable for now. VU+ Ultimo users please wait for next build.

jukkal
21-03-15, 10:15
We've found a E2 boot loop crash in VU+ Ultimo image, feeds set to unstable for now. VU+ Ultimo users please wait for next build.

That was in 155, I suppose? (Thanks for the warning)

thecaretaker
21-03-15, 11:24
VU+ Duo2. Updated to 155 from USB. Set up to accept unstable feeds in the software update settings, my network is working fine, but when going to plugins to download my usual skin, although I get the feeds are unstable warning, I'm not seeing any plugins in the list. Is this correct?

tappari
21-03-15, 11:39
Same here. Also impossible to load samba and nfs servers.

sigpark
21-03-15, 11:42
VU+ Duo2. Updated to 155 from USB. Set up to accept unstable feeds in the software update settings, my network is working fine, but when going to plugins to download my usual skin, although I get the feeds are unstable warning, I'm not seeing any plugins in the list. Is this correct?

I confirm that I have a VU+ Solo2, and I have set software updates to allow unstable. After installing Apollo 155 without restores per instruction, when I go to plugins I get standard message "Warning: Feeds may be unstable. Downloading Plugin Information, Please wait", then after usual pause I get a blank screem just like the issue in v137 I think it was?

Unfortunately as I cannot proceed I have had to revert to v153.

Thanks for the great work - please let us know when to try again.

Andy_Hazza
21-03-15, 11:46
Just wait till the green ViX symbol is on and then feeds will be fine. But you were warned not to update guys!!!

sigpark
21-03-15, 11:58
Just wait till the green ViX symbol is on and then feeds will be fine. But you were warned not to update guys!!!

oops thanks - Sorry I missed it. I only saw the E2 bootloop in the VU+ Ultimo image, "VU+ Ultimo users please do not update or re-flash, wait for next build. Feeds have been set to unstable." and thought it was isolated to that model.

Anyway, should the feeds not be set to down if they are not working? I honestly don't understand why the "Amber", when they don't work?

markshore123
21-03-15, 12:29
Hi been on 24 going to upgrade to 155 cannot see the feeds as an old version but showing in the download section of the forum as new when will I know that the image is stable to install?

sigpark
21-03-15, 12:34
Hi been on 24 going to upgrade to 155 cannot see the feeds as an old version but showing in the download section of the forum as new when will I know that the image is stable to install?

Just check the feeds status in the ViX Images download section http://www.openvix.co.uk/ It is showing "updating" at the moment and will go to Green when stable.

Larry-G
21-03-15, 12:38
oops thanks - Sorry I missed it. I only saw the E2 bootloop in the VU+ Ultimo image, "VU+ Ultimo users please do not update or re-flash, wait for next build. Feeds have been set to unstable." and thought it was isolated to that model.

Anyway, should the feeds not be set to down if they are not working? I honestly don't understand why the "Amber", when they don't work?

The feeds are set to updating as they are updating, there is no need to set the feeds to unstable for one single receiver when the rest still are still working.

Sicilian
21-03-15, 12:42
Once feeds have completed they will be set to RED 'Unstable' due to the Enigma 2 bootloop on the VU+ Ultimo. Others receivers appear to be ok.

Once feeds have completed we'll rebuild the Ultimo image, test, if ok re-upload Ultimo feeds and release Ultimo image build 155.

invisiblelayer
21-03-15, 16:46
Thanks for the update guys, wondered why no recent updates.

I just took pics on my phone of settings for cable and multi sats, all done and set up 30 mins or so, hassle free. Sreenshot tuner configs to save any trouble!

girginoz
21-03-15, 19:46
the hardest part for me is tuner config., unless i copy only the configured sat. list to the virgin settings file.
(Almost 60 satellites, to be configured seperately for positioner)

abu baniaz
21-03-15, 20:26
the hardest part for me is tuner config., unless i copy only the configured sat. list to the virgin settings file.
(Almost 60 satellites, to be configured seperately for positioner)
You can manually edit the settings file located in /etc/enigma2/. Enigma2 must be stopped with an init 4 command before editing it.

The lines starting with the following lines are the ones that set your tuners.

config.Nims.

Once you have pasted these lines, you can restart your receiver and it will have your tuner configuration.

djkross
21-03-15, 20:33
Hi this there a change log for this update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

girginoz
21-03-15, 20:42
You can manually edit the settings file located in /etc/enigma2/. Enigma2 must be stopped with an init 4 command before editing it.

config.Nims.

Once you have pasted these lines, you can restart your receiver and it will have your tuner configuration.

Thanks, friend, i dont know much about the init 4 part but will try.
What i do is dowload the settings form e2, paste the lines starting with config.nims, send the settings to e2, reboot, just when the blue light comes on front panel resend it to enigma2.(meanwhile i keep the ftp open)

abu baniaz
21-03-15, 20:50
If you have a complex dish setup, have a settings file with just the tuner configuration on your PC. Copy existing file to PC and delete all other lines.

Flash new image. Telnet init 4 command (guide in signature). Transfer settings file from PC to receiver. Restart receiver. Voila!

girginoz
21-03-15, 20:59
Thats perfect. init 4 stops the box but how can i restart it? (had to power off)

abu baniaz
21-03-15, 21:01
init 3 = restart enigma
init 6 = reboot receiver

romdut
21-03-15, 21:20

config.Nims.

I am not sure how you do this - where do you edit the file (settings and what do you do?

Peterj
21-03-15, 21:29
When you have a windows PC easiest way is to use Dreambox Control Center (DCC).
It has both telnet and FTP.
In the FTP screen you can also edit files.

Another way is using FTP (like filezilla) to get the file on your PC and edit it using notepad++.

mann
21-03-15, 23:22
I updated via software update to 155 on solose before I saw this thread but it all works fine no issues what so ever..it says drivers at 17/03/15...
Should I fresh install 155 and start afresh still or is it okay to carry on

jukkal
21-03-15, 23:58
For me, a tedious thing with flashes without settings restore is searching the channels again. It just takes a long time.
They don't change that often with the local cable service provider.
Is there a file to backup and copy back to the receiver after the flashing to avoid this, and which one would that be?

What about /etc/enigma2/settings, will it be ok to just copy this file back after flashing?

And one thing I have wondered.. you have often adviced to do init 4 before backup copying files, to get them uncorrupted. But if I make a settings backup file from the vix menu, will the files extracted from the backup file not be intact? And if not, why does it not make sure the files are intact?

abu baniaz
22-03-15, 00:24
You can always backup your channel lists using programs such as Dreamset.

If you want to do it manually, the channel files are located in /etc/enigma2/ You want to backup the following files:

lamedb
everything ending in .tv
everything ending in .radio

Channel data as well as some other files are kept in memory. If you do not stop enigma before manipulating them, you may get issues. When you restart through remote, the data in memory is written back. Copying to PC should be fine with receiver running. It is copying from PC to STB that requires enigma to be stopped.

With regards to settings file, issue is that most plugins do not cleanse the settings file even when you uninstall them. People think we are being awkward when we ask if you have tried a flash without restores when issues are reported, but sometimes there may be a line that causes issues.

gilvey
22-03-15, 02:34
I can't believe you've released a new image, then the feeds are not accessible. Been hanging all day and can't do anything

judge
22-03-15, 02:47
I can't believe you've released a new image, then the feeds are not accessible. Been hanging all day and can't do anything
A small bit of patience can be required at times.
Feed status clearly shown in as many locations as possible (box, download server, forums) before you decide to update.

judge
22-03-15, 02:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc

Andy_Hazza
22-03-15, 08:19
For me, a tedious thing with flashes without settings restore is searching the channels again. It just takes a long time.
They don't change that often with the local cable service provider.
Is there a file to backup and copy back to the receiver after the flashing to avoid this, and which one would that be?

What about /etc/enigma2/settings, will it be ok to just copy this file back after flashing?

And one thing I have wondered.. you have often adviced to do init 4 before backup copying files, to get them uncorrupted. But if I make a settings backup file from the vix menu, will the files extracted from the backup file not be intact? And if not, why does it not make sure the files are intact?

Long n tedious? My arse, problem is ViX has made all you guys lazy by introducing the backup manager, image manager, software updates etc.
it does you good to do a clean fresh install every now n then. I save majority of my settings/config files on my pc n takes me 10 mins max to clean flash n put things back how they were!!

Larry-G
22-03-15, 08:47
Long n tedious? My arse, problem is ViX has made all you guys lazy by introducing the backup manager, image manager, software updates etc.
it does you good to do a clean fresh install every now n then. I save majority of my settings/config files on my pc n takes me 10 mins max to clean flash n put things back how they were!!

I could not agree more., on all points.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Larry-G
22-03-15, 08:52

I can't believe you had the audacity to come on the forum and moan about your free software, yet you did not have the common sense to keep a copy of your commonly used plugins. I mean is it really that hard to keep a USB stick with the half a dozen or so plugins you use daily just on the off chance you can't get them from the feeds ?,

v8rick
22-03-15, 08:53
In my opinion the best bit of this hobby is the installing the image and doing all the settings(I dont save settings. it keeps my hand in or i forget how to do things) when its all done the tv bit is just a bonus that is normally poo
From the days of my Humax's, Topfields and my many other door stops thats what its all about getting the thing working. More of the same thanks for all your hard work

sigpark
22-03-15, 10:15
.... is it really that hard to keep a USB stick with the half a dozen or so plugins you use daily just on the off chance you can't get them from the feeds?

Hi @Phoenix. When you get a minute can you please point me to where the plugins are stored - this sounds like a very sensible thing to do.

Thanks

Larry-G
22-03-15, 10:35
Hi @Phoenix. When you get a minute can you please point me to where the plugins are stored - this sounds like a very sensible thing to do.

Thanks

There are loads of places to source various plugins. Cams can be found on www.openvix.co.uk most others can easily be found with a quick google search.

jukkal
22-03-15, 10:43

I didn't complain about flashing or ask opinions about my alleged "laziness" and what does good for you, just hints about files to backup to save some effort when settings backup should not be used, which abu baniaz kindly provided.
I'd rather use 10 seconds to copy some files back from the pc than 15 minutes waiting for the service search.

sigpark
22-03-15, 10:51
There are loads of places to source various plugins. Cams can be found on www.openvix.co.uk most others can easily be found with a quick google search.

Hi @Phoenix - thank you for the polite reply - help is always appreciated. If somebody does not want to help why post?

From your original post I thought there might be a simple way of getting "plugin" ipk's (CAMS are on openvix as you say for the old way of installing), but others like Rossi's Skins or Samba or boot logo's or any of the many other extensions so that they can be run in and registered if the feeds are down? Something tells me the process would require quite a lot of knowledge. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

abu baniaz
22-03-15, 10:54
Feeds being down is not the same as being unstable.

For unstable, you can still install plugins by allowing unstable updates in the software update settings menu

Larry-G
22-03-15, 10:57
From your original post I thought there might be a simple way of getting "plugin" ipk's (CAMS are on openvix as you say for the old way of installing), but others like Rossi's Skins or Samba or boot logo's or any of the many other extensions so that they can be run in and registered if the feeds are down? Something tells me the process would require quite a lot of knowledge. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

The feeds are currently set to unstable, they are not down. simply enable the "allow unstable updates" option to regain access until they are again set to stable.

skippie
22-03-15, 11:04

+1

Sent from Cube Talk 9x

skippie
22-03-15, 11:05
In my opinion the best bit of this hobby is the installing the image and doing all the settings(I dont save settings. it keeps my hand in or i forget how to do things) when its all done the tv bit is just a bonus that is normally poo
From the days of my Humax's, Topfields and my many other door stops thats what its all about getting the thing working. More of the same thanks for all your hard work

+1

Sent from Cube Talk 9x

sigpark
22-03-15, 11:17
The feeds are currently set to unstable, they are not down. simply enable the "allow unstable updates" option to regain access until they are again set to stable.

Thanks @phoenix and @abu baniaz - sorry for starting confusion - I am indeed using the feeds, and understand :)

The point being made was "hypothetically" speaking (for the next time as @phoenix had said he keeps off-line backups of his favourite plugins). The main reason being (and I am not complaining what-so-ever) the feeds can take such a long time to update these days - it was most of yesterday - I guess because of your great work and the popularity of ViX now with so many Linux models supported. Thanks!!

dude1
22-03-15, 11:19
I remember when I first set my box up a few years ago I had to ftp virtually all my plugins etc across then install them manually. Things are miles easier now & remember the guys who make all this possible do it for free.

:)

judge
22-03-15, 11:25
Have a look at the Backup Manager -> Menu button -> Blue button for a way of installing locally saved plugins too.

Larry-G
22-03-15, 11:32
Thanks @phoenix and @abu baniaz - sorry for starting confusion - I am indeed using the feeds, and understand :)

The point being made was "hypothetically" speaking (for the next time as @phoenix had said he keeps off-line backups of his favourite plugins). The main reason being (and I am not complaining what-so-ever) the feeds can take such a long time to update these days - it was most of yesterday - I guess because of your great work and the popularity of ViX now with so many Linux models supported. Thanks!!

My only real gripe are those forums who knock out the so called "backup" images as these forums are in a endless loop where users cant do a single thing for them selves without making a five page thread for simple things like how to set away a channel scan or how to change a skin etc, but maybe thats their way of keeping their users coming back day after day ?????.

I am not saying every user has to know all the ins and outs of heir receiver, but they should at least learn the basics for their own good if nothing else. And I know you were not complaining so I apologize if my posts were a little harsh (Just venting a little steam after a rough couple of shifts, one of which is still not even half way through even after 9 hrs).

Larry-G
22-03-15, 12:00
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-it-s-only-bloody-vix.png

polosolo
22-03-15, 16:59
Just like to Thank you Guy`s who test and improve the images for us mere mortals to enjoy.

THANK YOU

zYx
22-03-15, 22:56
Hey, I tried moving AntiLogo settings .xml to 156, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, because it doesn't work for me. AntiLogo creates and overwrites the .xml file with an empty one.

How can I get it to work?

Tkr001
22-03-15, 22:58
Hey, I tried moving AntiLogo settings .xml to 156, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, because it doesn't work for me. AntiLogo creates and overwrites the .xml file with an empty one.

How can I get it to work?

best you set up a new thread for this.

MaccaJ
27-03-15, 02:13
Hi Everyone . Newbie here so please go gentle. I have had my technomate nano se for about 6 weeks. It came with the vix image preflashed from wos. Anyway I decided to update to 5he latest 155 release dates 26th March and it wiped my box . I tried to run through the setup but was unable to get access to the plugins. Nothing happens it's just a blank box, even with the menu for unstable feeds selected. So I checked the forum and noticed there might be a problem with this latest image. So I reverted back to an older image. 153, 3rd March. This refladhed and now when I try to access the software update menu to select the unstable feeds the package list update is failing, it's saying that feeds are down for maintenance even though the site is shoeing them as stable. It's been like this all day today . So I'm wondering if they are down or if my image is not working correctly ? Also ever since I received my preflashed box the vix backup manager does not work. It says there is a problem with this device , please reformat. It's been saying this since day one . Can anyone advise why it is saying this ?

judge
27-03-15, 02:33
Also ever since I received my preflashed box the vix backup manager does not work. It says there is a problem with this device , please reformat. It's been saying this since day one . Can anyone advise why it is saying this ?
No propper formatted HDD or USB stick used?

MaccaJ
27-03-15, 09:55
I have a 8gb memory stick attached

duoduo
27-03-15, 10:11
Hi guys,

I'm about to do fresh flash, please can someone remind me where I grab the timers from?

rossi2000
27-03-15, 10:15
/etc/enigma2

bbbuk
27-03-15, 11:05
Any news on when possibly moving to the new OE-A with which means new image name (another greek god maybe? :))

Larry-G
27-03-15, 12:25
Any news on when possibly moving to the new OE-A with which means new image name (another greek god maybe? :))

As soon as it's ready, we have to test some things etc so no ETA.

Larry-G
27-03-15, 12:25
Hi guys,

I'm about to do fresh flash, please can someone remind me where I grab the timers from?

/etc/enigma2

Don't forget to place enigma into sleep mode first with the telnet command init 4 as these are live system files and very prone to corruption.

Larry-G
27-03-15, 12:29
Hi Everyone . Newbie here so please go gentle.

Welcome to WoS.

I have had my technomate nano se for about 6 weeks. It came with the vix image preflashed from wos. Anyway I decided to update to 5he latest 155 release dates 26th March and it wiped my box .
Exactly as expected, a full reflash will always wipe the old image before writing the new one.

I tried to run through the setup but was unable to get access to the plugins. Nothing happens it's just a blank box, even with the menu for unstable feeds selected. So I checked the forum and noticed there might be a problem with this latest image. So I reverted back to an older image. 153, 3rd March. This refladhed and now when I try to access the software update menu to select the unstable feeds the package list update is failing, it's saying that feeds are down for maintenance even though the site is shoeing them as stable. It's been like this all day today . So I'm wondering if they are down or if my image is not working correctly ? Also ever since I received my preflashed box the vix backup manager does not work. It says there is a problem with this device , please reformat. It's been saying this since day one . Can anyone advise why it is saying this ?

Format the USB stick, also try reflashing build 161 from www.openvix.co.uk, you can not update from build 153 to a newer build as it may cause problems with skins etc.

dude1
27-03-15, 12:39
As soon as it's ready, we have to test some things etc so no ETA.

Do you know if this will this require another fresh flash without restore?

Thanks.

Larry-G
27-03-15, 12:43
Do you know if this will this require another fresh flash without restore?

Thanks.

Yes as it's based on a completely different OE Core, and to make sure no one does use a settings backup against our advice we will rename the image to prevent it.

dude1
27-03-15, 13:05
Yes as it's based on a completely different OE Core, and to make sure no one does use a settings backup against our advice we will rename the image to prevent it.

Sounds a good idea. That will avoid people having problems if they don't visit the forum that often :)

Larry-G
27-03-15, 13:09
Sounds a good idea. That will avoid people having problems if they don't visit the forum that often :)

That is what we have done with all Image versions since discontinuing ViX 3.0 but it still does not stop people moaning that were forcing them to reflash, even if it's to stop them causing unnecessary issues for them selves.

dude1
27-03-15, 13:28
That is what we have done with all Image versions since discontinuing ViX 3.0 but it still does not stop people moaning that were forcing them to reflash, even if it's to stop them causing unnecessary issues for them selves.

Yes I remember back to vix 3.0 & then the different Greek names to signify a new build run. I just look at it as a fresh flash every so often for the newer features is well worth it & hey it's free.

Don't understand people complaining :confused:

DaMacFunkin
27-03-15, 13:48
Can't believe you arnt going to call it V8...

v8rick
27-03-15, 16:03
Can't believe you arnt going to call it V8...

Thats a good idea

rossi2000
27-03-15, 16:21
why would it be called v8?

girginoz
27-03-15, 16:54
i think its time for goddesses now. why not Aphrodite?

v8rick
27-03-15, 17:56
why would it be called v8?

I just agreed because thats what i get called

s1m0nw
27-03-15, 18:32
Has access to plugins been restored??

dude1
27-03-15, 20:03
i think its time for goddesses now. why not Aphrodite?

:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
27-03-15, 20:18
Has access to plugins been restored??
Feeds were only unstable for a short while. They are still accessible. in that state, you just have to enable unstable updates..

You cannot access the feeds when they are being updated.

s1m0nw
27-03-15, 22:02
I assume i can still couch flash but not use a restore?? thats what ive done on my nano-se and I can't get plugins even with the unstable update active.

abu baniaz
27-03-15, 22:38
By couch flash, I take you mean flash using Image Manager instead of online update. Flashing using Image Manager without restore of plugins will be fine.

There was an issue with the TM Nano-SE as a component was added to the build process which should not have been. This should have been resolved. If not , please start a new thread. I'll fire my one up in a minute.

birdman
28-03-15, 02:47
i think its time for goddesses now. why not Aphrodite?...but not Pandora.

girginoz
28-03-15, 07:43
...but not Pandora.

Lets leave it to Pheonix, he is the sire after all:D

MaccaJ
30-03-15, 14:39
By couch flash, I take you mean flash using Image Manager instead of online update. Flashing using Image Manager without restore of plugins will be fine.

There was an issue with the TM Nano-SE as a component was added to the build process which should not have been. This should have been resolved. If not , please start a new thread. I'll fire my one up in a minute.

Hi

Im have been having the same issue not being able to access theplugins, not being able to swtich unstable plugins on even as it keeps saying that the streams are down for maintenance even when they are showing as stable from my nano se, please can you let me know if you have found a fix to this problem ?

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 14:42
There is a problem with the Nano-Se feeds. It will be fixed when the attack on github stops

oldbill
30-03-15, 15:15
newbie here, i bought a gigablue hd 800 se plus, 2nd hand, it has vix installed, version virtusso image extreme, build 005, update 17/03/14, i am having problems setting it up, i get messages to send a log to you guys, also other messages such as this cannot be dome or words to that effect. also that updates cannot be done as things are down for service, i wish to upgrade to appolo, do i just insert a loaded usb stick and reboot by turning on the power switch at the rear, your help is appreciated, old b

Larry-G
30-03-15, 15:49
newbie here, i bought a gigablue hd 800 se plus, 2nd hand, it has vix installed, version virtusso image extreme, build 005, update 17/03/14, i am having problems setting it up, i get messages to send a log to you guys, also other messages such as this cannot be dome or words to that effect. also that updates cannot be done as things are down for service, i wish to upgrade to appolo, do i just insert a loaded usb stick and reboot by turning on the power switch at the rear, your help is appreciated, old b

The build you are currently on is far to old to be able to update online, you will have to either use a USB stick or the couch flash method.

To couch flash download the image from www.openvix.co.uk and FTP it still compressed to /media/HDD/imagebackups/

Now press the blue button > ViX > image manager. Highlight the image you want to flash then press the blue button to flash / restore the chosen image.

There is a tutorial on www.openvix.co.uk that deals with the USB method for this and all other ViX supported receivers if that's the option you prefer.

oldbill
30-03-15, 18:46
next newbe query, ftp, how does one transfer via ftp

oldbill
30-03-15, 20:24
hi again, got into job view, i got to back up, i backed up the image, but download feeds are down for maintenance, thanks

Huevos
30-03-15, 21:00
hi again, got into job view, i got to back up, i backed up the image, but download feeds are down for maintenance, thanksYou need to start your own thread.

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 21:05
I'm closing this thread. Please start support threads if required.