PDA

View Full Version : media player to play transcoded stream

divil_a_bit
16-03-15, 21:46
I'm using vlc at the moment on my Android phone and it works perfectly. However it doesn't allow me to fast fwd or rewind or jump when viewing a recording.
Anyone know of a player that does?

joysleep1
19-03-15, 11:25
I'm using vlc at the moment on my Android phone and it works perfectly. However it doesn't allow me to fast fwd or rewind or jump when viewing a recording.
Anyone know of a player that does?

Mx video player does.
Try that

divil_a_bit
30-03-15, 08:53
Mx video player does.
Try that

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't do it for me - I can view a stream fine but can't fast fwd/rwd or jump.

LeeC22
01-06-15, 22:19
I'm using MX Player Pro on my Xperia Tablet Z and I can jump to any point while watching a recorded stream. Tap the screen once (to bring up the playback controls), and then tap the timeline to move to the selected point in the video.

The fwd/rwd is a bit hit and miss though, but that might be down to how .ts streams are encoded and the processing power required to decode and then skip to any point. Plus doing all this across a network connection might have an impact. You could try copying one of your recordings to your Android device, and see how that affects the performance.

huey45
23-02-17, 15:24
as LeeC22 says Mx Player Pro is the way forward, Im using the Free Version and its perfect...