PDA

View Full Version : Clarke-Tech ET 9000

smaxy
08-12-10, 10:54
Are there any plans from our sponsor to sell this stb?
better spec than the VU+Duo and if the support is there (aside from Pli), may be one to consider.
The only dissapointing aspect of the VU+Duo in my opinion. is the average PQ

marty
08-12-10, 11:08
The only dissapointing aspect of the VU+Duo in my opinion. is the average PQ

Are you serious? must be your TV :)

I have here a Sly Thomson HD box, DM800 clone, Spiderbox 7000 and my VU+ has a much superior picture.
Both the VU+ and your TV will have setting to play with ;)

Maxwell
08-12-10, 11:12
Must be using an LCD :rolleyes: :D or not using HDMI :confused:

marty
08-12-10, 11:14
Must be using an LCD :rolleyes: :D

I guess your a plasma fan too?
I have an LG 50PS3000, stunning picture with the VU+ :)
I have an LCD in the bedroom, but can't be botherd to bring it down to try :p

smaxy
08-12-10, 11:14
tried every which way to improve the PQ, but it just seems to lack punch compared to my freeview box which cost me £30 of fleabay, and it isn`t even HD :(
yes I`ve an LCD tv but am considering plasma for my next purchase.

bassethound
08-12-10, 11:17
Nice looking box great specs the initial price looks high € 479.00 not cheap as with all new boxes will it get good support?

Clarke-Tech ET9000 Enigma 2 Twin Tuner

Detail Information:

* 400MHz MIPS Processor
* HDTV H.264 Hardware
* Twin Tuner SAT
* Linux Enigma 2 OSD System
* 10/100MBit Ethernet LAN
* Grafic 12 characters VFD Front Display
* 3 x USB 2.0 conenctions, externe HDD, Keyboard, Mouse, Hub, DVD
* 1 x Sata internal for HDD
* 1 x eSata external
* 1 x HDMI
* 1 x YUV
* 2 x Common Interface Slots
* 2 x Cardreaders inside
* Multimedia Video/Audio Streaming over the network
* S/PDIF Dolby Digital AC3
* 2 Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)
* RS232
* 8MB Separate boot memory
* 128MB Flash / 512 MB DDR Memory
* DiseqC 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 USALS
* Media Player
* Direct Plugin Download

marty
08-12-10, 11:21
Nice looking box great specs the initial price looks high € 479.00 not cheap as with all new boxes will it get good support?

Detail Information:

* 400MHz MIPS Processor
* HDTV H.264 Hardware
* Twin Tuner SAT
* 1 x eSata external
* 1 x HDMI
* 1 x YUV
* 2 x Cardreaders inside
* RS232
* 128MB Flash / 512 MB DDR Memory* DiseqC 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 USALS
* Media Player
* Direct Plugin Download

The only thing slightly better is the memory (by 128mb) most likely an OK box, but still no wifi and dearer than the VU+DUO :(

world-of-satellite.co.uk
08-12-10, 11:23
We have been making enquiries about this receiver, but if I'm honest the the spec's dont look any better than the VU+ Duo apart from it supporting PIP, so very much doubt that customers would pay probably around £100 more just to have PIP and less image support.

Regards PQ I would checkout your television settings and Video Enhancement settings on your Duo.

Maxwell
08-12-10, 11:24
I guess your a plasma fan too?
I have an LG 50PS3000, stunning picture with the VU+ :)
I have an LCD in the bedroom, but can't be botherd to bring it down to try :p

Yes LG50PS8000 running in THX Cinema mode stunning pic with everything :cool:
Also a Panasonic PT-AX200 LCD Projector ISF Calibrated on a 120" screen :smiley_yup:

Larry-G
08-12-10, 11:32
i'm in agreement with basset here.
yes this looks like a very impressive box, spec wise. however all we can really do is wait and see of the support materialises. us tech nerds have all been stung somewhere down the line with kit who's support has not materialised and i for one would rather sit on the fence for a while longer than part with such a large wad of cash in-case that support did not materialise.

Likvid
08-12-10, 14:31
I want to buy this ET9000, it looks nicer than Vu+ Duo.

What i miss is modular tuners but the chip is more advanced than Vu+ and got better scaling and processing i've been told.

I hope it got blind scan tuners as well beause i miss that with Vu+

Likvid
08-12-10, 14:35

Detail Information:

* 400MHz MIPS Processor
* HDTV H.264 Hardware
* Twin Tuner SAT
* 1 x eSata external
* 1 x HDMI
* 1 x YUV
* 2 x Cardreaders inside
* RS232
* 128MB Flash / 512 MB DDR Memory
* DiseqC 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 USALS
* Media Player
* Direct Plugin Download

It will probably fall to 350 euros when the heat has calmed down, just look at Vu+ Duo, you buy it now for 370 euros.

smaxy
08-12-10, 14:42
Same cpu as DM800se, so will await feedback on that before making a purchase.

OldSkulRide
08-12-10, 14:45
We will read first reviews this week. Box is already in stock.
What is better over VU+ DUO? Better CPU (same as DM800SE), PIP (probably), box looks better, more RAM.
And thats it. Only image that works atm is OpenPLi (official support).

We can expect another team from Germans. Something like VTi for VU+ DUO.

I would buy it, but 500EUR is abit too much atm.

Likvid
09-12-10, 00:03
I would buy it, but 500EUR is abit too much atm.

Have to agree with you on that, they are marketing it too high.

pooface
09-12-10, 15:24
Here's a quick comparison between the popular boxes...

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4341

As said though, would be nice if there was more support than just pli... ;)

Likvid
09-12-10, 22:06
But PLI is one of the best images, you can customize it exactly how you want it, all other images like VIX, VTI, Blackhole already comes with lots of preloaded stuff not everyone need or want.

PLI is like Slackware in Linux, small and clean.

Larry-G
09-12-10, 22:10
But PLI is one of the best images, you can customize it exactly how you want it, all other images like VIX, VTI, Blackhole already comes with lots of preloaded stuff not everyone need or want.

PLI is like Slackware in Linux, small and clean.

nope i certainly dont agree with that, but hey every one has their own opinions and thats mine.

OldSkulRide
10-12-10, 13:20
I agree with likvid but anyway here is small review from openpli forum:

first tests are very good.
very fast and stable, very good picture quality
it seems that all enigma2 plugins are working.

Mediaplayer:
mkv, divx OK
mkv hd, divx hd OK
bluray stream m2ts with DTS OK !!

It seems promising!

pooface
10-12-10, 14:04
I agree with likvid but anyway here is small review from openpli forum:

first tests are very good.
very fast and stable, very good picture quality
it seems that all enigma2 plugins are working.

Mediaplayer:
mkv, divx OK
mkv hd, divx hd OK
bluray stream m2ts with DTS OK !!

It seems promising!

the bit about dts and divx sounds very interesting... Shame vu can't get that bit sorted ;)

OldSkulRide
10-12-10, 15:48
indeed

Maybe i will sell VU+ DUO, iam just waiting for more reviews. I hope this weekend we will get more info.

bassethound
10-12-10, 16:00
I would really wait till some of the dev teams got on board Clarke-Tech ET 9000 before parting with your VU+ as support is still really strong for the VU+ and nearly a new image every week

And looking at the specs there is no killer function that would make me swap or upgrade

OldSkulRide
10-12-10, 20:11
For me openpli is enough as i already use it on vu plus. But more images are always better for sales.

irishchris
10-12-10, 21:16
i have to say im tempted also :)

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 10:19
If you can, test media player
720 MKV plays well, it has some hick hups but that is my HDD as it is an USB HDD, have test the same HDD inside VT-1 and there is no Problem. Played toy.story.2-720p .

Test if hdmi turns off after styndby
Yes it does goe off. allso if you mean if there is no Picture, then the answer is Yes it goeas OFF

Does diseqc 1.1 works properly
Cant test this as i have motor

Does subtitles work on totaltv package on 16e sat
Do not have Totat TV , but tested SUB om Canal Digital Nordic, and Viasat Baltic all works perfect with SUB. Later on i will test UK card to

Does remote control work fast and without key losses
Remonte work wonderfuly, do not have any key loss untill now, it respond very fast and the box catches all the comands. Remonte is not the best but is useable and well thinked

Dooes teletext work fast or is slow
Teletext is fast at list on some channels that i tested.
Like C+ Action and BBC or TV 1000 that i tested is fast realy fast.

Untill now im well impresed with the box.
I installed Pli image, installed CCcam 2.2.1 added my 2 cards to test both cards work , scaning the channel was a bit slow but i found even channels that i never know they was there, added an extern 2.5 HDD that i use on Spiderbox and this worked out of the box Fat32 , played DIVIX and MP3 no problem , try to play DVD files this did not work.

I will test DVD driver later on and see if that works.

------------------------

i LIKE THE BOX, it is the faststes Linux box and Enigma2 box i have tested, and when i mean that i say i have tested all linux boxes, the box is dam fast in my eyes
one thing that i did like very much was the Channel swithc was terribly fast must say way to fast.

-----------------------------

Ok some more test are donne.
Add USB 32 GB and use as HDD is peice of cake and works exellent, played some divis from there with no problem.

Added DM 500 HD and VU+ SOLO that i have next to each other and i can firmmly say that CT 9000 is way better in my eyes.

I test HD on BBC HD on Thor , and picture on that is not much diferent from the other boxes, then i go to SD channel Poker Channel and here is the fun game, this channles is much beter in picture in CT 9000 then the other 2 boxes. Normaly this is the low level picture on this channel but CT managed to upscalle perhaps a bit and make it a bitt clearer to see it

All test are made on Samsung 32" tv ReadyHD

Tomorow a friedn of mine that has Vantage VT-1 and IPbox 9900 is comming to visit me and we made new more test on Picture and stability.

Untill now this box is worth the money guys. All we need now is more support from diferent teams.

-------------------------------

i will soon post more info

Sicilian
11-12-10, 11:03
@ Oldskul, where did the test info come from?

Does the guys have a VU+ Duo to compare with?

Is there a support download site for drivers?

Has the source been released like the VU+?

I still dont see any real benefits apart from PiP and the media player functions, quoted from above: -

If you can, test media player
720 MKV plays well, it has some hick hups but that is my HDD as it is an USB HDD, have test the same HDD inside VT-1 and there is no Problem. Played toy.story.2-720p .

How does this guy know its his HDD and not the receiver? What about 1080?

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 11:19
satpimps

I still havent find some kind of support forum or something like http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

Sicilian
11-12-10, 11:23
satpimps

I still havent find some kind of support forum or something like http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

Yes I've been looking for the same thing, cant find anything, not even a utility to restore via RS232 or if its even possible. I cant even find a formal guide about flashing the unit. clarke-Tech site has nothing, not even the full spec's in english
http://www.clarketech.altoma.biz/produkte?template=detail&entryid=41&lang=en No support link or support contact.

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 11:25
there is info for flashing image via USB. Same as vu+ duo

1. Unzip compressed file.
2. Copy the "ET9000" folder to a USB Pen Drive.
3. Power off receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
4. Connect USB Pen Drive.
5. Power on receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
6. Press the OK Button on the front panel (behind the front flap).

bassethound
11-12-10, 11:44
Here are the NIGHTLY OPENPLI BUILDS //et9000/

http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=//et9000

Sicilian
11-12-10, 11:49
The other thing to consider is build revisions. Remember when the Duo first come out and the recording from deep standby feature? This there where 3 or 4 hardware revisions.

irishchris
11-12-10, 11:51
so is anyone else planning on getting one? it does seem to be working great from what i have read on different forums. i took a chance on the vu+ duo in its first weeks out and have never looked back since so hoping this would be the same. with pli on board seems great but could do with more teams like vix to persuade a lot of people to add one to their collection

smaxy
11-12-10, 12:29
For me the most important aspect is the AV performance, if the ET9000 is superior in that respect, my VU+ will be going on ebay, will wait and see how much support it gets.

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 12:38
i got info that official forum is planned and coming soon :)

Stanman
11-12-10, 13:41
so is anyone else planning on getting one? it does seem to be working great from what i have read on different forums. i took a chance on the vu+ duo in its first weeks out and have never looked back since so hoping this would be the same. with pli on board seems great but could do with more teams like vix to persuade a lot of people to add one to their collection

perhaps if we all email the manufacture and suggest he gives some to VIX?

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 18:23
here are drivers:

http://et-view.com/download/

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 18:27
PIP is working only on 1 HD and 1 SD channel , so this is tetsed.

audiosync plugin is pre-installed on the Original image, but have not tested that yet.

You forgot to test recording from deep standby
Will do that as soon as i have a another HDD as i do not waht to risk the HDD i have now, there is to much films and music to Initialize that, but later i will test with 1TB extern disk.

-->Also can you test radio part of this receiver. Does it work ok? This works perfect, teste on Thor and Sirius Radio channel and works as it should

-->If you use both tuners, please tell me if switching from A to B tuner works ok
I use both tuners , but it is only LOOP THROU becouise i have motor
The switch betwen them is smooth and i must say it is the first time i have so Smooth shwitch over.

-->Is there a black screen when you are switching from program x to program y. Yes there is black screen, but you can choose to have picture if you like

-->Can you test if recording works on these channels: Viasat Nature East FSS, Viasat History FSS, and Explorer/Spice FSS channels on 4.8E? I guess you have these channels. Yes i ahve them i have Baltic Viasat so yes i can test this as soon as the new HDD is added

-->can you make a video with zapping speed?

Sure i can, have allready made that but i do not use Youtube or any other net video streamin, but belive me it is fast realy fast, amazin fast in HD to HD channel, ot HD to SD or SD to SD, it is unbelivable fast

Could you confirm sub-titles, and multiple audio channels
Yes the Multi audio works perfect so does the Sub on the channels it self, on Recordings i have not tested that as i have NO HDD inside yet or extern.

Check if blindcan works, it looks like the box got Sharp tuners and not Broadcom.
I have not tested Blindscan but as i told before i got channels on both Thor and Sirius or on Eutelsat 16 east that i never got before, so it must be a good tuner

Also test sensitivity of the tuners compared to Vu+ if you still have it.
Well compare to VU+ SOLO then yes it seems beter tuner and more sensituve, but not that much that can be a killer

Likvid
11-12-10, 19:56
So we should all sell our Vu+ now for a ET9000?

Good thing about ET9000 is that it supposed to have blind scan tuners

Anyway the price is too high for now so just chill and relax and in 6 months time it will be lower.

Likvid
11-12-10, 19:59
indeed

Maybe i will sell VU+ DUO, iam just waiting for more reviews. I hope this weekend we will get more info.

Did you see any other review than the Satpimps one?

Sicilian
11-12-10, 20:00
So we should all sell our Vu+ now for a ET9000?

Good thing about ET9000 is that it supposed to have blind scan tuners

Anyway the price is too high for now so just chill and relax and in 6 months time it will be lower.

No way, am I going to sell my Duo for a machine that at the moment only runs openpli, not even the latest native build of Engima2.

Larry-G
11-12-10, 20:18
Go on then, go buy it then come and report back :)

lol i was gona say sumet like that but as always your a wee bit more diplomatic than I.

Stanman
11-12-10, 20:20
Looks good but waaay to early to commit to buying it, like others have said, if there were more images than it would be a tempting proposition but not at the moment.

Likvid
11-12-10, 21:15
Go on then, go buy it then come and report back :)

If you pay :D

OldSkulRide
11-12-10, 22:25
By the way, i found the ET9000 for €419,00 in Netherlands, i am tempted now.

Where. I only found it for 450 eur

smaxy
11-12-10, 22:39
Well, that`s cheaper than the VU+Duo was on it`s release, perhaps may even drop below the current VU+Duo price in the months to come.

Sicilian
12-12-10, 00:22
Well, that`s cheaper than the VU+Duo was on it`s release, perhaps may even drop below the current VU+Duo price in the months to come.

Sorry that's wrong the Duo was £399 and yes great if it does, but I doubt it.

silverfox0786
12-12-10, 00:29

yes i agree never did the duo sell for more that £400

and if it did that was against vuplus rules and knolledge

world-of-satellite.co.uk
12-12-10, 08:52
We are expecting very limited stock of Clarke-Tech ET-9000 this week and are now taking pre-orders. We dont expect these to last long so pre-order now to avoid disappointment!

smaxy
12-12-10, 12:03

I stand corrected, although I picked mine up for £350 from the UK, and simalarily priced in Europe at that time.

irishchris
12-12-10, 12:32
yes i agree never did the duo sell for more that £400

and if it did that was against vuplus rules and knolledge
i think he was saying 450 but that was in euro which on todays exchange is 376 pounds. not a bad price but i for one am going to hold off until i see better support

Sicilian
13-12-10, 12:31
I've cleaned this thread up as it was supposed to be about technical information of the Clarke-Tech ET-9000 NOT a ongoing saga of where Livkid is going to buy his cheap unit.

Now lets get back on topic with the technical aspects please.

bassethound
28-12-10, 12:23
Preview shots this is a first image with EPG embedded (tnx Skaman).

niteman1969
01-01-11, 04:19
Interesting receiver, but am a bit worried as Technomates are usually re-badged clarke-techs.
If so is this just a Tm800hd in different clothing?

Sorry but owning a technomate tm9100 and not being impressed with the support / drivers
i would not like to make the same sort of mistake again.

alom23
04-01-11, 02:36
Interesting receiver, but am a bit worried as Technomates are usually re-badged clarke-techs.
If so is this just a Tm800hd in different clothing?

Sorry but owning a technomate tm9100 and not being impressed with the support / drivers
i would not like to make the same sort of mistake again.
good point . i am after the same answer as well . special the remote is too small on tm800 hd. not in favour

silverfox0786
04-01-11, 07:40
good point . i am after the same answer as well . special the remote is too small on tm800 hd. not in favour

cant answer this but the downfall of the tm8000hd was NOT the hardware but the software support and the ct9000 has got its support as you can see above the new officail image is being developed and i am a VIP myself of the development site where its being made so it all looks hot at the moment

nor50
11-01-11, 23:37
How can I get scam in my ET9000 with latest PLI?

bassethound
12-01-11, 01:09
I have posted a cam pack for the ET9000 below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5480-ET9000-Cam-Pack&p=42475#post42475

or scam 3.59 for CTech ET9000 only here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5481-scam-3.59-for-CTech-ET9000&p=42479#post42479