PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Issues with ABM - SD Appearing instead of HD

rscosworth
15-03-15, 21:20
Guys,

I have an issue with ABM on my VU+ Duo, on Vix Apollo153.

When I select ABM, Sky UK (SD) and then switch HD channels, all my channels, Sky Atlantic, Sky F1 etc appear in HD rather than SD.

Have tried load of combinations but always result in getting the HD rather than SD channel. Even when I try and just select Sky UK (SD), with no swapping, and no HD they still appear as HD.

This issue has only seemed to appear since saturday - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

abu baniaz
15-03-15, 21:26
I am not understanding these statements

"then switch HD channels"
"Sky Atlantic, Sky F1 etc appear in HD rather than SD"

Can you rephrase please?

rscosworth
15-03-15, 21:32
Apologies, yes, not the easiest of things to phrase.

OK, I had an issue whereby my Sky Atlantic recording from Sat evening, and my Sky F1 recording from Sun Morning have failed to record. When I went onto those channels, they display the HD logo, which we all know is not watchable these days (displays black screen).

So, I reloaded Apollo153 onto my Vu+ Duo, and through the usual setup selected ABM to Sky UK (SD), with the option of Swapping HD channels (bbc1,2 ITV, CH4), when I have done this previously the only HD channels I obtained were the FTA ones, however, when I do this just now there appears to be HD channels still, such as Sky Atlantic, and Sky F1...

Even when I reload Apollo153 and select Sky UK (SD) and select that I do not want to channel swap, or an HD bouquet when I go to these channels it still displays the HD logo and does not display the channel (blank screen).

Hope that is explained a little better than the first post?

Thanks in advance

abu baniaz
15-03-15, 21:42
This is not possible. If you are using the (SD) provider all the unavailable HD channels will not be included in the process. They won't even be added to the list of channels in lamedb. You have made an error in your configuration.

If you are admant that this is happening, please upload your debug log and screemn shots of your setup. I have just repeated process prior to posting this.

Unless you provide debug logs by 22:00, I am going to dump this thread. Sorry, but it is going to be one of those troublesome threads.

Huevos
15-03-15, 21:43
How do they show an HD logo if the screen is blank? Do you mean an HD picon?

Please describe the method you are using to set the record timers.

rscosworth
15-03-15, 21:56
How do they show an HD logo if the screen is blank? Do you mean an HD picon?

Please describe the method you are using to set the record timers.

Sorry, yes they show the HD icon in the status bar....it's nothing to do with the recordings as I have completely reloaded the box, I will provide screenshots and logs shortly (once i've figured how)

abu baniaz
15-03-15, 22:03
I would suggest you completeley remove all chanenl data from your receiver. Doubl check the settings you are using and then run ABM again.

Telnet commands (remove channel data also listed) and how to get screenshots in signature.

rscosworth
15-03-15, 22:12
I am not sure how to provide you with the logs, however here are the screenshots of the setup. This is from a completely fresh build, there should be no old data as it's been reinstalled using a USB key with Apollo153 on it.

abu baniaz
15-03-15, 22:18
The highlighted Sky Atlantic is the SD version.

Please double check that you do not have any unavilable HD services. When you open the channel list, select satellites, then 28.2. You will be able to see all the channels that the receiver has.

duoduo
15-03-15, 22:20
Don't generate the hd bouquet just the swap option and see if these channels still appear?

rscosworth
15-03-15, 22:21
I Am definately on 28.2, none of the channels say HD against them, yet when I select them the HD icon appears in the status and they do not appear.

duoduo
15-03-15, 22:25
Don't generate the hd bouquet just the swap option and see if these channels still appear?

Obviously also run ABM again

abu baniaz
15-03-15, 22:30
Does the EIT epg data appear? Does it say "also in HD"?

rscosworth
15-03-15, 22:30
Obviously also run ABM again

Tried deleting all ABM AutoBouquets and then selected No to generate HD and no to swap channels but they are still appearing as HD :-/

rscosworth
15-03-15, 22:33
Does the EIT epg data appear? Does it say "also in HD"?

EPG data does appear, and it does say 'also available in HD' - suggesting it's a SD channel even though the icon for HD appears, and it does not display the channel....

Peterj
15-03-15, 22:35
I used the same config , ran ABM and had the same result.
Choose provider Sky UK ( not Sky UK (SD) ), pick provider Scottish West SD and run ABM again.

rscosworth
15-03-15, 22:36
Choose provider Sky UK ( not Sky UK (SD) ), pick provider Scottish West SD and run ABM again.

Same result as in - same issue? Thank god not just me!

rscosworth
15-03-15, 23:20

Selecting Sky UK, not SD and running ABM does indeed fix this issue - Thank you guys - much appreciated