PDA

View Full Version : hard drive

gdhkr
14-03-15, 10:10
Which is better ? internal or external ? powered or usb powered? I ask as I am having trouble with recording [play back.Getting a lot of freezing in play back. My box is up to date ,so am guessing its a hard drive problem any ideas any one ? thanks

Larry-G
14-03-15, 10:14
Internal is always the best option where available, if you do use a USB drive it should preferably be a powered one so to reduce the power draw from the receivers power supply.

If you are having issues with your drive try re-initializing it.

cactikid
14-03-15, 10:17
internal is better but both ways work,i would suggest to relook at what way hdd is mounted in setup mounts,also i have changed to ext to ext4 on both usb and hdd.
also check in set up mounts that usb is correct and hdd is correct,epg on mine got changed to epg to hdd and recordings to 8gb usb:D
powered hdd is better as less strain on usb ports.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
14-03-15, 10:19
internal is better but both ways work,i would suggest to relook at what way hdd is mounted in setup mounts,also i have changed to ext to ext4 on both usb and hdd.
also check in set up mounts that usb is correct and hdd is correct,epg on mine got changed to epg to hdd and recordings to 8gb usb:D
powered hdd is better as less strain on usb ports.:thumbsup:

If you initialize the HDD from within the ViX image it is converted to EXT4 by default, so no need to perform that extra step.

gdhkr
14-03-15, 13:08
All that as been done mine is a wd external powered but still get some freezing on recordings anyone else have this problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
14-03-15, 13:30
you need to provide a little bit more info.

for example which EXACT image version and the EXACT build number are you using, this is important as it will allow us to know if you are using a old image that had driver issues in this area because rite now we are just guessing as to the cause and that helps no one at all.

gdhkr
14-03-15, 15:56
Apollo 153 always keep it up to date last update says 3.3.15 drivers 05.01.15

Larry-G
14-03-15, 15:59
When was the last time you updated the bootloader ?.

gdhkr
14-03-15, 16:11
That would be 05 .01 05

gdhkr
14-03-15, 16:12
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/24aec07dbed4a9745b3204135a7e26b1.jpg

Larry-G
14-03-15, 16:17
No I asked for the bootloader, you flash this manually like a image only it takes seconds to do rather than minutes, the drivers as you quoted them are included in the image it self.

If you have not flashed the bootloader I would recommend that you do but make sure you flash the correct one as the GB Quad and GB Quad plus are different models and their bootloaders are not cross compatible. you can get the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk

gdhkr
14-03-15, 16:38
Just done the boot loader didn't know it was as fast as that

gdhkr
14-03-15, 16:45
Only had the box from jan 2015

Larry-G
14-03-15, 17:00
Only had the box from jan 2015

Still worth updating just in case your receiver was manufactured before the last bootloader was released, at least now you know it has the latest one and we can go from there if you still have these issues.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

gdhkr
14-03-15, 17:00
Cheers

gdhkr
15-03-15, 05:53
Still got the same problems all updated could it be a tuner issue? Got three sat tuners all set to simple