PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Couch flash for a plugin?

LFN
13-03-15, 18:17
Hi.
I had the same problems as many others to upgrade to 150+ with the online update.
I just did a couch flash (didn't know it exist) to 153. Worked fine. But I cant restore my backup since I only can connect through wifi which is gone. And it requires the correct drivers from the plugins menu, which I cant access without connection with cable.

Is there a way to make a couch update of my wifi driver also so I can get the backup restored?
Or do I have to disconnect my solo 2 and transport it to someone with internet connection with cable? It's a nightmare thoose times the online update fails.

mann
13-03-15, 18:56
Hi.
I had the same problems as many others to upgrade to 150+ with the online update.
I just did a couch flash (didn't know it exist) to 153. Worked fine. But I cant restore my backup since I only can connect through wifi which is gone. And it requires the correct drivers from the plugins menu, which I cant access without connection with cable.

Is there a way to make a couch update of my wifi driver also so I can get the backup restored?
Or do I have to disconnect my solo 2 and transport it to someone with internet connection with cable? It's a nightmare thoose times the online update fails.

simplest thing to do would be to get yourself a wifi bridge for times like this..also handy to have for other stuff.

sataday
13-03-15, 19:33
Hi.

I'm not sure what you are saying. AFAIK the solo2 doesn't have wifi built in.

Larry-G
13-03-15, 19:44
A settings backup requires a active internet connection to restore plugins and drivers as they are downloaded from the image feeds, your personal settings etc will be restored as these are stored locally in the backup.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

LFN
13-03-15, 20:27
Thanks for your answers. A wifi bridge sounds interesting.

Did I read somewhere that there is one driver for usb wifi included in the vix image that is working on some usb wifi sticks? Or did I dream that?

Larry-G
13-03-15, 20:33
Thanks for your answers. A wifi bridge sounds interesting.

Did I read somewhere that there is one driver for usb wifi included in the vix image that is working on some usb wifi sticks? Or did I dream that?

The driver for the official Vu+ branded wifi stick is included in the image by default all others have to be downloaded from the feeds or installed manually some other way.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk