PDA

View Full Version : Ebay user clones

jamieg1
13-03-15, 16:08
avoid this guy mitsuaki12 on ebay selling clones with the wrong remote control complete a**e hole.

john doe
13-03-15, 17:07
someone who has been stung before. always buy from the sponsor or returnable dealer.

nsw9154
13-03-15, 20:22
Hello mate so your Solo2 was a Clone I thought it strange when you showed the photo of the remote I hope you get your money back, and this time I would but one from the Sponsors you know it makes sense :)

twol
14-03-15, 10:15
Maybe you can go back to Ebay on this. I guess it depends on how the article description is worded, but with Alibaba coming into the market ( and having to clean up its WEB site removing many "copies") Ebay also has to be careful about clones/ copies being offered on their Web site.

Larry-G
14-03-15, 10:24
Maybe you can go back to Ebay on this. I guess it depends on how the article description is worded, but with Alibaba coming into the market ( and having to clean up its WEB site removing many "copies") Ebay also has to be careful about clones/ copies being offered on their Web site.

My experience with ebay is that they frankly dont give a crap about counterfeit goods being sold via their site, they are slow as hell to take down reported items unless you happen to be sky uk them selves.

DaMacFunkin
14-03-15, 11:35
Well once had an item taken down off ebay because someone alleged the item was mod chipped, even though there was no specific wording or phrasing in the item description saying that.

jamieg1
17-03-15, 13:58
hi guys the box was a straight buy with a paypal invoice as he put image and other sh*t on it, transaction wasn't done on ebay, am still in contact with seller and he still insists the box is genuine and the remote is the latest model!!

This is my first time buying and using one of these boxes, but i will know the next time to get 1 from the sponsors.

thanks

twol
17-03-15, 14:10
hi guys the box was a straight buy with a paypal invoice as he put image and other sh*t on it, transaction wasn't done on ebay, am still in contact with seller and he still insists the box is genuine and the remote is the latest model!!

This is my first time buying and using one of these boxes, but i will know the next time to get 1 from the sponsors.

thanks
then go back to PayPal via their Buyer Protection Policy........ it's worth pushing if only so he loses his Paypal access.

Larry-G
17-03-15, 16:42

thanks

He is lying to you mate, I have never seen that remote before and I own them all barring the new VU+ duo2 programmable remote.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Larry-G
23-03-15, 09:54
Just had confirmation that the remote in question is a sunray remote which is only shipped with the sunray clones, so the seller is absolutely lying to you.

electrocop
24-03-15, 01:12
Just looked this guy up on Ebay as a matter of interest - the remote for the Solo2 is a definite giveaway as a copy. Very misleading listing though as he has obviously used pictures of a genuine receiver (no doubt stolen from VU+ website?)
It serves as a warning to anyone buying from ebay - you really don't know what you're getting - especially as clones (new or used) are selling for as much as originals!!

judge
24-03-15, 01:28
Just looked this guy up on Ebay as a matter of interest - the remote for the Solo2 is a definite giveaway as a copy. Very misleading listing though as he has obviously used pictures of a genuine receiver (no doubt stolen from VU+ website?)
It serves as a warning to anyone buying from ebay - you really don't know what you're getting - especially as clones (new or used) are selling for as much as originals!!

Obvious to a VU user it's a clone, not as obvious to a new user.
That's how they get away with selling these shit boxes.

electrocop
24-03-15, 14:58
Yes i agree - i shouldn't have been so hasty to use the word 'obvious'.........
I will say however that it is getting very difficult even for Vu+ users to spot the fakes - there are so many versions and some are very good imitations. Sometimes being over cautious can work against a buyer though, I recently bought a genuine Ultimo on Ebay but the remote supplied was fake (i guess the original owner had replaced the remote and unknowingly bought a copy)

jamieg1
30-03-15, 14:40
so basically the machine is a pile of sh*t!

electrocop
30-03-15, 14:46
I wouldn't go as far as that but it's certainly not genuine. I think you need to go to PayPal and tell them about it - they may be able to help with getting your money back

Larry-G
30-03-15, 15:56
I wouldn't go as far as that.

I certainly would.

It is a fake receiver manufactured to take advantage of the "I want free Sky TV" brigade, it has undergone absolutely no safety checks and the manufacturer invests not a single penny back into research and development. Users of these boxes are conned into purchasing them under the false promise of genuine image support from the likes of ViX and putting their family's in danger of death due to the often shoddy components used in their production.

electrocop
30-03-15, 16:27
I was trying to be nice as this guy has obviously shelled out a considerable amount of money. I certainly wouldn't have one in the house and the build quality definitely isn't as good as a genuine one. The buyer may well be able to use it and it may do what he wants - after all, loads of other people do........ Not that i agree with the existence of fakes and clones, far from it!!

jamieg1
30-03-15, 16:29
some you win some you lose, :mad:
reported seller on paypal & ebay but i dont think they are that interested as the Knob is still selling them.

electrocop
30-03-15, 16:36
As someone else pointed out, ebay doesn't care about fakes of any type being sold as long as they get their cut of the sales. In your case, ebay won't want to help as you bought directly from the seller (if i read your post correctly). PayPal may be able to help so long as you didn't send the money as a gift or something like that......

jamieg1
30-03-15, 16:39
sent as a gift so yes i am fu**ed.

Larry-G
30-03-15, 16:43
I certainly would.

It is a fake receiver manufactured to take advantage of the "I want free Sky TV" brigade, it has undergone absolutely no safety checks and the manufacturer invests not a single penny back into research and development. Users of these boxes are conned into purchasing them under the false promise of genuine image support from the likes of ViX and putting their family's in danger of death due to the often shoddy components used in their production.

My post was not a dig at the user nor was it meant to wrap him up in cotton wool either for that matter. My reply was to all those scumbags who sell this garbage as genuine with genuine image support knowing full well it's frankly dangerous, and counterfeit drop ship, made in a Chinese sweat shop crap.

We all know the Chinese don't give a crap and will happily clone any thing from tooth paste to luxury cars, but if customs did their jobs and fined those in the uk who import these things and users did their home work first, we could start to see less of these death traps in people's homes.

mann
30-03-15, 17:28
I find it hard to believe nowadays people are still being duped..
No matter your level of knowledge All you have to do is simple research and ask a few questions and besides if you purchased from fleabay as genuine you should be covered so your get your money back however this seller does not state in the description that they are genuine or clone that's why you ask them through the ebay messaging this way your covered if they miss sold to you...
I emailed this very seller on two occasions through EBAY messaging and asked if it was a genuine or clone box and they never gave me a reply or any sort of acknowlement which told me they are selling clones..