PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 Up and running once again

vuesolo
11-03-15, 13:54
Guys Solo2 was out of action since Nov, due to house move and new house not having a dish. Took the plunge and have now gone motorised. Its all working as it should.

I would like to update the image from 3.0.808 to the latest which looks to be Apollo 153. Just need a refresher as its been so long, once I have done a backup of the current image, I will install the new Apollo image, shall I set up from scratch or can I restore from factory settings?

Larry-G
11-03-15, 13:59
you cant use a settings backup from the ViX 3.0 image series with the newer images, so much has changed.

vuesolo
11-03-15, 14:35
OK thanks n wish me luck :)

vuesolo
16-03-15, 13:01
Managed update over the weekend, was a bit caught out with trying to get the motorised dish moving again but cracked it in the end by just adding my longitude an latitude into the Tuner Config Simple section, originally had only populated the advanced :)

One last question I only have single LNB at present, not a dual, a cock up on my part, will upgrade later on, hence wandering what is the best way to set up the tuners? current set up as:

Tuner A
Simple
Long and Lat

Tuner B
Loop Through A

Is this correct? Cheers

Larry-G
16-03-15, 15:02
If I remember correctly you cant loop from tuner A to B due to a cock up by Vu+'s engineers. set tuner B to use the LNB feed then set tuner A to loop from tuner B.

vuesolo
17-03-15, 09:38
Thanks Phoenix I'll try that tonight

vuesolo
17-03-15, 22:16
Do I need to physically swop the cable from A to B as well? At rear of box

Larry-G
17-03-15, 22:56
Do I need to physically swop the cable from A to B as well? At rear of box

yes you would need the feed going to tuner B then you setup the tuners in the tuner config page.

vuesolo
25-03-15, 15:47
Guys whats the difference between the tuner 'Config Mode' Simple and Advanced?

Is advanced only used if using DISEQC ? cheers

Dark Cloud
30-03-15, 20:27
I have my Solo2 motorised and it works 100% in simple mode.
Tuner A Motorised Usals
Tuner B second cable of motorised tuner A