PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Apollo 153 upgrade Tuner problem

satnut2
10-03-15, 20:44
I'm currently updating from Apollo 64 which I have no issues with to Apollo 153

I have updated the box using the software update function in the menus

The box updates to Apollo 153 , however I cannot tune into any channel I get ' check tuner configuration' error messages

Tuner configuration is fine , both tuners set to 28.2e fixed dish

I have selected providers from Autobouquet maker - Freesat and Sky and tried to run a scan , error message 'cannot get the nim'
There are channels in the epg all greyed out?

I have tried a fresh Image for Apollo 153 downloading zip file and installing from memory stick and have the same problem

If I backup the box to Apollo 64 all channels come back and tuner finds channels , tuner config is the same

Can anyone help please , where am I going wrong ?!

nsw9154
10-03-15, 21:09
Hello Apollo 64 is a very old image and their have been quit a lot of Improvements to Vix since that image was released, and your old backup of Apollo 64 is no longer compatible with the newer images and I am afraid that you will have to instal vix Apollo-153 up again from scratch

satnut2
10-03-15, 21:22
Thanks for the reply , i have tried a complete fresh install from usb and I have the same problem

Do i have to factory reset the box before reflashing with Apollo 153 ?

I did not have the tuner issue I'm having now when I was regularly updating Helios

nsw9154
10-03-15, 21:33
a fresh instal is the same as a factory reset, have you set up your CrossEPG properly that can sometimes cause problems,and as a strange mater of fact I am in the middle of re-flashing my 4 receivers to the latest Dev build and I am having to set every thing up again from scratch :eek:

satnut2
10-03-15, 21:47
When I have completed My fresh install , i get asked if I want to restore some settings , I select yes, I'm wondering if this is the problem ?

I'll try again shortly

nsw9154
10-03-15, 22:05
That is your problem Select NO as your old backup's are not compatible with the latest image, I know that it is a Pain but it can not be Helped as their were some major updates and merges with software to make them all work together and it is the only way to implement them

satnut2
10-03-15, 22:08
your the man , thanks ! , Just sorting it now and scanning channels

Must not leave it so long to update next time , a little rusty !

Thanks again

nsw9154
10-03-15, 22:17
no problem mate and like you say update your image more often as vix is always updating and improving :D