PDA

View Full Version : [video]How to replace the motor on a Hubsan x4 drone / quad copter

Larry-G
10-03-15, 18:40
So me being the cack handed fool I am, I just managed to kill one of my Hubsan x4 H107C drones almost rite out of the box, before I even managed to put batteries in the RC.

How the devil did you manage that you may say ?.

Well, I took the little drone with me to work seeing as it's a glorious day here for a change, and after reading the instruction manual, I thought Ok I will be a good boy and fit the included prop guard to prevent damaging the propellers when I do crash the thing. So off I go with the little wrench included in the pack and off comes the first prop no problem, I move onto the second and it's just a little hesitant to come off, so I tugged a little too much and basically ripped the motor out of the chassis

Peed off just does not cover how gutted I feel rite now. After the initial feeling of total devastation I did a little search and thankfully replacing the motor is not that difficult and requires only basic soldering skills, although you will have to buy a new motor (good job I already bought a crash pack which has two motors included).

This Video tutorial by Cali-bros.com will show you just how easy it is to replace a knackered motor on one the Hubsan x4 series drone / quad copter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7sV2LsMT1U&t=13

and you will of course need a new motor too which can be bought as part of the crash pack from the usual online auction sites for around £15.00, I got mine from amazon.co.uk.