PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade straight to the box

Jbl366
08-03-15, 11:33
I would like to know please how to upgrade straight to the box.
It says that I have 0Mb of flash memory on my system so it would be dangerous to carry on.
How can I allocate space on my 500GB internal HDD for this sort of purpose please?

Larry-G
08-03-15, 11:40
The Solo2 has quite a large amount of ram for a STB so if yours is full you must be installing a awful load of rubbish (no offense intended).

Try removing some of the plugins etc that you do not need. As for updating, if your ram is full you wont be able to perform a online update but you will be able to reflash the receiver using either a USB stick or the image manager and the "couch" flash method.

timofee
08-03-15, 14:47
Check your EPG settings. You might have put EPG data in the Flash, it should go on the HDD or a USB stick.

cactikid
08-03-15, 14:51
my thought would be to start afresh with new image and no settings restore,save the important bit to pc first.
yes very important have a usb for epg setup and not to internal flash:eek:
be surprised how better your box will work when its free:D

Larry-G
11-03-15, 17:15
my thought would be to start afresh with new image and no settings restore,save the important bit to pc first.
yes very important have a usb for epg setup and not to internal flash:eek:
be surprised how better your box will work when its free:D

If he has a internal HDD then that is the best place for the EPG, and the flash for picons, a USB stick really is not needed for such a powerful receiver as the solo2.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk