PDA

View Full Version : Xbmc error on install

Thirsty
07-03-15, 12:51
Hi All,have tried to install this on Solo2 with latest Apollo 153 from the plugins menu ,also tried with Telnet, but keep getting the error
"xbmc wants to install file/usr/share/xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml"
File already provided by package enigma2 mediaplayer- fix

Cannot install plugin xbmc

Any advice anyone

Thanks

Larry-G
07-03-15, 13:07
Try this.

Using a telnet session login to your receiver and issue the following command

opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-xbmc

The .ipk file will be saved to the /home/root/ directory on your receiver.

The in a telnet session again issue this command

opkg install -force-overwrite /home/root/(plugin name - exactly as it is shown in the root directory.)

If that does not work copy the .ipk file to the /tmp/ directory and issue this command

[code]opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/(plugin name)

you must make sure the plugin name matches exactly including the .ipk part of the name.

Thirsty
07-03-15, 13:32
Hi Phoenix, tried that but not getting any further than unknown sub-command ............... glob could be something like pkgname

Thanks

T

Larry-G
07-03-15, 13:38
so what is this mediaplayer -fix ?, is that some thing you have installed your self ? and when was the last time you reflashed the receiver ?.

Thirsty
07-03-15, 13:51
Hi Phoenix, no idea what the mediaplayer fix is, may be something to do with TSmedia or Mediaportal ?
Reflashed at apollo 142 a while back.
Was thinking I might have to reflash again; have not been able to couch flash since 147 and have been following your previous advice on another thread to telnet updates to the latest 153.

Will try a clean reflash and see if this solves the problem. Maybe I will avoid installing tsmedia and mediaportal as well.
Thanks again
T

Larry-G
07-03-15, 14:06
I don't use TSmedia or Mediaportal so can't really vouch for them.

Thirsty
07-03-15, 16:31
Thanks again Phoenix, reflashed and all installed ok. Now trying to get my head around how the whole thing works.

T