PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] HDMI CEC "Switch TV to correct input" not working.

05-03-15, 03:37
Hey guys,
This is something that I've been trying to get my head round for ages.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL47W805, Bravia Sync is set up and running.
I know this because I can turn the TV on and off with the box using the Solo2 remote which is connected to HDMI 1.
I have the Solo2 remote controlling the TV volume.

The problem I have is that if the TV was turned off whilst on for example HDMI 2.
If I turned the Solo2 on it turns the box on and the TV on but doesn't toggle to HDMI 1.
Just sits on HDMI 2.

Any help ?

nsw9154
05-03-15, 11:27
I think that most TV's would do the same thing my, TV has 3 HDMI inputs I have my Mutant set to HDMI 1 and my Duo2 on HDMI 2 and my LX3 on HDMI 3 so if i am watching the Duo2 and turn the TV off it will automatically turn back on to the Duo2 set to HDMI 2 and I will have to switch my HDMI input to HDMI 3 to watch the LX3 if you get my drift
so you have to switch imputes using your TV remote, on a Bravia it should be the button with the arrow at the top left corner opposite the power button :)

we have a KDL40R453 bought last summer to replace a 10 year old Bravia 42" and had the same problem I could not get any signal and after phoning Sony support they just told me to press the Arrow button it would have helped if it had what it was for written on it it as a Arrow could mean any thing I should have read the Destruction manual :eek:

05-03-15, 12:59
Thanks for the reply nsw9154.

On the HDMI-CEC menu on vix, it gives you the option of toggling to the correct input (my cause HDMI 1) if the TV is on another input.
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with the issue or if its a common problem.

I know you can use the TV remote to toggle to switch input but I'd rather have the VU remote handle everything.

Eureka!!! - Maybe if there is no fix I can customise the white TV button on the VU remote to act as a switch input button for the TV ??

tappari
05-03-15, 13:08
With Sony you must remember one thing. Corporationīs Hollywood side is very sensitive about HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) matters.
That`s why Electronics division of company has to follow certain rules :confused:.