PDA

View Full Version : disable background scanning

linux geek
07-12-10, 17:24
hello

I use the pli image atm as its the only image I could find that had the option to diable background scanning

I want to try vix but want to know if this option is there as is a show stopper for me if not there

dany
07-12-10, 18:23
hallo linux

i use pli image too

you can disable background scanning

main menu ... setup .... system ... customize .... look for disable background scanning change it from no to yes then ok

leecovuk
07-12-10, 19:13
Hello linux geek,

The 'disable background scanning' is important to me too, partly because I manually edit all the channel names.
As far as I know, only the PLi image offers the function.

However, it appears I/we can force it manually by doing the following :
When your channel list is how you want it in your receiver, load your channel list (lamedb) into an editor called Dreamset.
(Remember to do all of the following for TV, Radio and Data if you want to)
Right-click on the channels and 'select all'.
Right-click on the channels and go to 'set service(s) attribute' and choose 'yes' on 'untouched by SDT'.
Obviously, save the lamedb and send the channel list back to the receiver.
I think you have to restart Enigma2 for the changes to take effect.

If you later want to re-scan normally or let the receiver update the list automatically, perform the above process again first but choose 'no' on 'untouched by SDT'.

The above seems to work for my purposes. I'd be interested to hear if it works for you too.

You can also apply 'locked' in Dreamset, but I'm not clear on what exactly that does compared to 'untouched by SDT'.

Thanks,
Lee
UK