PDA

View Full Version : what is the Vu Zero IR Eye for

john doe
03-03-15, 17:56
i've received my zero the other day and managed to set everything up, so easy & what a little box it is.

i wanted to know what the IR eye is for and how it works or set it up? also how can i view my recordings on the solo2 to my zero, i know its through network but not sure how to setup. am using homplugs

thanks

Larry-G
03-03-15, 18:04
It allows you to hide the receiver say behind your TV while still being able to use the remote which being infra red is line of site.

john doe
03-03-15, 18:43
It allows you to hide the receiver say behind your TV while still being able to use the remote which being infra red is line of site.

arhhh, i see know. cheers. do you know how i can setup my network with solo2 and zero?

Larry-G
03-03-15, 18:58
There should be a tutorial on that in the guides and tutorials section on www.openvix.co.uk or look at the ViX Manual, it will be in there.

Sorry I can't be more help but i'm at work with a killer headache and not near a receiver to give exact instructions.

john doe
03-03-15, 20:44
cheers = hope the headache gets sorted

s1m0nw
04-03-15, 13:24
cheers = hope the headache gets sorted
On both boxes navigate to;

Menu>setup>network>nfs

Select ok to install

Once completed on both boxes press yhe button on rrmote to access recordings then yellow button this should bring up a small window with a list. You should see something like vu solo2 or vice versa depending on which box you are using.

Hope this helps

john doe
04-03-15, 17:26
s1m0nw - i've done that you said and both NFS are setup and running, however, when i press yellow button it takes me to epg. if i go into nfs and press yellow this disables or enables nfs.

s1m0nw
04-03-15, 18:36
Press the button on your remote to access ur recordings.

At the bottom of this screen the colour button options, yellow for location

john doe
05-03-15, 17:32
i'll try it now.

john doe
05-03-15, 17:39
excellent. all working cheers

darren28
13-03-15, 20:31
With the remote eye do you have to enable it as I've just set a box up with vix and it doesn't work?

john doe
14-03-15, 11:51
plug it in and make sure that you have it somewhere where the eye can pick up the frequency. mine it on top of my tv and works fine.