PDA

View Full Version : Tuner priority assignment

alexwilmac
02-03-15, 15:38
Hello,
it is still not clear the tuners' priority policy in VU+.
I've got a duo2 with 4 tuners:
Tuner A and B: DVB-S2
Tuner C: DVB-T built-in
Tuner D: DVB-T usb tuner
Now, let's simplify the situation about LNBs and so on because it is not important for my complete configuration.
Let's say I've got just two cables from HB 13E: one has stronger signal, the other one weaker.
The same happens for the DVB-T tuners (not because of the signal, of course but because of the different sensitiveness of the tuners): the built-in one has got the best signal compared to the USB one.
I'd obviously like to use the stronger signals from both systems as main signal and the others as secondary.
Whatever I do I can't get to this goal, not for both sat and terrestrial, anyway.

1)
I put in Tuner A the sat stronger signal and the stronger DVB-T is Tuner C.
If I set Tuner A as main tuner within the system preferences, for some strange reason VU+ uses A and D as preferred tuners (whilst D is not the best one in DVB-T).
If I set C as preferred tuner, VU+ uses B and C!!! This time, I have the best terrestrial but not the best sat.
I told myself: OK, I'll put the strongest sat signal in tuner B and I'll choose Tuner C as preferred on...
Funnily enough, VU+ now decides to use C and A as main ones, as it knew I'd swapped the cables...
Is there a way to choose exactly what I want? Why there is no complete sequence in preferences?
Thanks

Sicilian
02-03-15, 15:39
What USB tuner are you using? Any I tried would not work correctly alongside VU+ plug and play hybrid tuner.

alexwilmac
02-03-15, 16:43
Aver 2838. But this was not the main subject of this post ;)