PDA

View Full Version : Before I order one of these a question

c9550927
01-03-15, 22:23
Hi,

I'm about to place an order for one of these instead of a solo 2 due to the replaceable tuner. Right now need it for sat but sometime intend to use for cable TV. It's a shame the solo2 doesn't have replaceable tuners but this ticks all the boxes for me.

I don't see the tuners available to buy anywhere, is there a reason for this?

alienkargo
01-03-15, 23:11
why not save and get a Duo 2 you get the same spec as a solo 2 with 2 plug and play tuner slots.

Sicilian
02-03-15, 06:28
Tuner modules are here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/VU-Plus-Tuners

c9550927
02-03-15, 11:39
why not save and get a Duo 2 you get the same spec as a solo 2 with 2 plug and play tuner slots.#

I only need 1 tuner as i will only use DVB-S or DVB-C in any one peroid (depends on which provider i go for). So, its almost twice the price to buy the duo, where as a a tuner will probably be much less to replace. I only need a single tuner device and i want to stream to an andoid phone. My UNO did this VERY well but unfortunatly its out of action due to a faulty nand chip (all blocks used and it has bad blocks). I want to replace it with something that I can use the same, dont care about recording as i pretty much never do, just want it to work with DVB-S for now, and C if choose to move over. I understand USB tuners are no good so thats why I am avoiding the Solo 2.

Its too much money to go to a Duo 2. So seems the solo SE seems perfect. Very odd they (VU) crippled the Solo 2 with a non replaceable tuner!

c9550927
02-03-15, 11:40
@Sicilian

The problem with that page is they only list UNO/Ultimo etc, no mention of solo 2 SE. I think the physical size of the tuners changed, if it didnt then thats perfect but I think I cant use those tuners in a Solo SE.

Also I noticed you have a "Technomate TM-Nano-3T" which has both sets of tuners, are you able to (easily) stream to an Andoid device with that STB?. With the VU its VERY easy with their APP to both ZAP and stream to a phone, I want to achive the same with the next box I buy.

Larry-G
02-03-15, 12:18
@Sicilian

The problem with that page is they only list UNO/Ultimo etc, no mention of solo 2 SE.

There is no such thing as a Solo 2 SE by Vu+, the Solo 2 SE you see on other forums and for sale is a illegal counterfeit receiver. the sponsor only sells genuine hardware such as the Solo 2 and Solo SE.

c9550927
02-03-15, 12:40
There is no such thing as a Solo 2 SE by Vu+, the Solo 2 SE you see on other forums and for sale is a illegal counterfeit receiver. the sponsor only sells genuine hardware such as the Solo 2 and Solo SE.

Sorry the mistake is mine, i do mean a SE like you said, and I WILL be buying from WOS (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Solo-SE-dvb-s-s2). Just want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

My comment earlier still stands, the tuners do NOT list the SE as compatible. E.g. this page

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/VU-Plus-Tuners/vu-hybrid-dvb-c-t-t2-tuner-module-uno-ultimo-duo2-duo-2

Says

"VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner Module"

So if I buy a SE with a Sat tuner, i'm stuck with it because you cant buy a DVBC tuner for it :confused:

Larry-G
02-03-15, 12:58
As far as I am aware the Solo SE can use either the DVBS/S2 or DVB/C/T tuner It can not use the twin DVBS/S2 tuner only the single. you may want to verify that with the seller first though. Also as the Solo SE only has a singlw tuner slot you cant have multiple tuners installed unless they are USB plugin tuners and those can be problematic unless you have the rite drivers for them.

rossi2000
02-03-15, 13:00
as above, only the single tuner modules work on the SE
the dual one does not.

c9550927
02-03-15, 13:27
thanks guys thats perfect. I have no intension of using on both systems, just one at a time (whoever i'm subbed to at that time).

c9550927
02-03-15, 14:36
ordered from WOS... thanks again.