PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Tune Fail on HD channels after updating to build 150

Der_Andy_C
01-03-15, 18:56
My Duo wouldn't get past the "Starting..." phase, so I manually flashed to Apollo 150. I didn't restore anything from a previous image, just went through the setup procedures with RC and DBEdit. I even created all Bouquets from scratch.

Now whenever I select an HD channel it says Tune failed.

I have another STB running off the same dish, and this can play HD channels problem-free, and shows 100% signal stength and 100% SNR. The Duo shows 75% strength and 93% SNR for an SD channel on the same transponder as one of the HD channels. (these differences are consistent with the kinds of differences I have seen before)

I am using a 256MB SWAP file on the internal 500GB HDD

I don't know if it is related, but although I can ZAP from Open WebIF, I can't ZAP from DBEdit (V6.0.1.1)

I'd appreciate any support

cactikid
01-03-15, 18:59
maybe recheck f connectors on sat cables as i missed a non working tuner.

and your channels are live as in working on correct tp info and not moved?

Der_Andy_C
01-03-15, 21:04
Thanks for the reply.

I'm recording some SD shows now so will check the connectors later, but both tuner A and tuner B have the same symptoms. Nothing was touched at the back so I think the probability that both connectors suddenly failed in the same way at the same time is pretty remote. I will however hceck and report back.

Channel frequencies etc should be correct as all came from a complete scan this afternoon. It is also consistently EVERY HD channel that fails, and EVERY SD channel that works.

I noticed that in DBEdit the HD channels are classed as "data" rather than "TV" - not sure if this is relevant...

cactikid
01-03-15, 21:30
if recording on sd works and viewing on other sounds like good connections,what sat are you on as 28.2 has limited viewing hd channels,are correct cams in use for multisat tuners?

did you check on kingofsat for anything new?

Der_Andy_C
01-03-15, 21:58
I have two LNBs on the one dish - 19.2 & 28.2

every HD channel comes back with tune failed, whether it is an unencrypted BBC 1 HD (scanned this afternoon on 28.2) or Das Erste HD (also unencrypted and scanned this afternoon on 19.2) or any of the others.

I have CCCAM running with a valid viewing card that is showing validity until April.

For some of the channels I checked with Lyngsat, and everything appears to be as it should be, but I did a full auto scan this afternoon, so wouldn't expect all HD channels on 2 separate satellites to move within the past few hours.

Der_Andy_C
01-03-15, 22:25
The problem appears to be somewhere in my DBedit files - when I take a previous version and upload it to the duo I can zap and watch HD channels.

It's weird though as I just tried to do an automatic scan and it only allows scans of two satellites that aren't in my config at all...