07-12-10, 12:16
Vix image probilam no cfg file in this image

Maxwell
07-12-10, 12:21
you have to make your own and ftp it to /etc

GiP
07-12-10, 12:27
you have to make your own and ftp it to /etc

I always wondered... Why isn't there a default CCcam.cfg in the ipk (with a couple of default lines is enough) so it works out of the box?
Any particular reason?

GiP

andyblac
07-12-10, 13:02
I always wondered... Why isn't there a default CCcam.cfg in the ipk (with a couple of default lines is enough) so it works out of the box?
Any particular reason?

GiP

this would be break our rules, same reason why we removed key updater

GiP
07-12-10, 13:54
this would be break our rules, same reason why we removed key updater

The key updater I understand, but a CCcam with only a minimal cfg will only read original cards and do nothing else (I think), is it still against the rules?

GiP

silverfox0786
07-12-10, 15:36
The key updater I understand, but a CCcam with only a minimal cfg will only read original cards and do nothing else (I think), is it still against the rules?

GiP

it is against rulles as this is a FTA image and even reading legit cards on a non standard box is rules breaking with the card provider

GiP
07-12-10, 16:22
it is against rulles as this is a FTA image and even reading legit cards on a non standard box is rules breaking with the card provider

Well, not all of them, SRG or Tivusat don't care, but probably there's the problem of the royalties on some coding systems.... So, Ok i got it.

Thanks.
GiP

chands
09-12-10, 17:30
dear fftp open etc but no cfg file in this image

Sicilian
09-12-10, 17:54
dear fftp open etc but no cfg file in this image

Read post no2 above ;)

Larry-G
09-12-10, 18:28

GiP

it's not only against the rules but it's against the law in most countries. CCcam was not invented to illegally share cards in the first place and for well over 6 years i was using CCcam without a .cfg file.

GiP
11-12-10, 15:15
it's not only against the rules but it's against the law in most countries. CCcam was not invented to illegally share cards in the first place and for well over 6 years i was using CCcam without a .cfg file.

Well, as I said, with a minimal cfg or possibly even an empty one it does not either. There is still the fact that decrypts without paying the copyright holders of Viacces Nagra etc....

I have to say that I don't see much difference in shipping it without a CCcam.cfg or with a minimal or empty one, but it's your decision and I'm ok with it.

GiP