PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo2 configuration

joysleep1
01-03-15, 12:28
Hi
I am thinking about buying a vu duo2 receiver but i am confused about its tuner slots and capabilities.

Firstly, what is the difference between

http://www.*******.tv/VU-Dual-Tuner-2xDVB-S-S2-for-VU-UNO-ULTIMO-DUO2
and:
http://www.*******.tv/VU-Dual-Tuner-2xDVB-S-S2-for-VU-UNO-ULTIMO-DUO2

I am under the impression that it has three slots where you can have two sattelite tuners and one cable tuner or 2 cable tuners and 1 satellite tuner. Or three of each.

Is there a way i can have two cable tuners and 2 satellite tuners? Some posts say that you can make it a quad tuner? It only has three slots so how does that work.
Also, the first link i posted with the dual DVB s-s2., does that go in one slot and with that can screw on two satellite cables and use that to watch one channel and record another channel just using that tuner?
Thanks

Larry-G
01-03-15, 12:32
The Duo2 actually only has Two tuner slots not three, the third is for a wifi antenna.

joysleep1
Sorry i can not get the links to work
The first link is a VU+ Dual Tuner 2xDVB-S/S2 for VU+ UNO / ULTIMO / DUO2
Second link is a http://www.*******.tv/VU-Dual-Tuner-2xDVB-S-S2-for-VU-UNO-ULTIMO-DUO2

joysleep1
The Duo2 actually only has Two tuner slots not three, the third is for a wifi antenna.

Oh it looks from the back that it has three slots.

Larry-G
01-03-15, 12:35
Oh it looks from the back that it has three slots.

yes but the third slot is not for a tuner. any way you can use twin tuners for the satellite side allowing upto 4 satellite feeds but they have not yet released twin tuners for the terrestrial / cable side. That said you could still have two satellite feeds and one terrestrial / cable feed.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 12:37
yes but the third slot is not for a tuner. any way you can use twin tuners for the satellite side allowing upto 4 satellite feeds but they have not yet released twin tuners for the terrestrial / cable side. That said you could still have two satellite feeds and one terrestrial / cable feed.

Oh so can i have two cable tuners and a twin satellite tuner all running together. And with that twin satellite tuner, could i use it to record one satellite channel and watch another satellite channel?

Larry-G
01-03-15, 12:40
No you could have a twin satellite tuner and a single cable tuner / terrestrial tuner combo. or two cable / terrestrial combo tuners on their own. Vu+ are meant to be releasing a Twin cable / terrestrial tuner but when is any ones guess at the moment.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 13:06
No you could have a twin satellite tuner and a single cable tuner / terrestrial tuner combo. or two cable / terrestrial combo tuners on their own. Vu+ are meant to be releasing a Twin cable / terrestrial tuner but when is any ones guess at the moment.

Oh ok o what is the difference in those two items?

Larry-G
01-03-15, 13:16
What two items ?

If you mean the Terrestrial / Cable combo card it's a single card with both a terrestrial and cable tuner fitted but only one can be used at a time never both. as for the twin DVBS/S2 tuner that's just a twin satellite card allowing two feeds on a single tuner.

Sicilian
01-03-15, 13:16
I think you should read whats posted.

You can only have TWO tuner modules with a Duo2.

Either if these tuners: -

Dual/Twin tuner DVB-S/S2 module.
Single DVB-S/S2 module.
Single Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2

If you want more tuners stick with the HD2400. Let WoS take a look at your unit.