PDA

View Full Version : XBMC on VIX?

sherry
01-03-15, 11:39
Hi

I would first like to say i have been using vix for years and love it.

I recently got an email about a Black Hole image update. I went to the page and had a look and i then noticed they have 2 beta versions with XBMC integrated for a VU+ DUO2.

I downloaded it and gave it a try and there is a full version of XBMC on the image. I did not spend much time playing around with it as i put latest version of VIX back on.

I am wondering if you guys have any plans to integrate XBMC into your image? This is exactly what i am looking for and i think XBMC and VIX would be a perfect combination.

Cheers.

:thumbsup:

mcquaim
01-03-15, 11:58
XBMC is already available for the Duo2 in the feeds.

If you look in extensions it's listed as XBMC :thumbsup:

Larry-G
01-03-15, 12:00
yes as Mcquaim states XBMC is already available for the Vu+ receivers (Solo2, Solo SE and Duo2) but we chose to implement it as a optional plugin rather than bloat the image out by pre-installing it.

sigpark
01-03-15, 12:01
Hi sherry,
There is an XBMC beta version on the feeds under extensions. Not sure if it is available to all STB's yet - I may have read trialing on VU+ Solo2? I also remember seeing @Sicilian posting about an XBMC section created on the forum. Hope this helps.

sherry
01-03-15, 12:04
Excellent!! Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup:

garryboy
01-03-15, 13:47
Is there a xbmc plugin for the original vu duo.

Sicilian
01-03-15, 13:50
Is there a xbmc plugin for the original vu duo.

No, VU+ Duo does not support it.

garryboy
01-03-15, 14:03
Is it a hardware thing do you think. Ie its not capable of running it

Sicilian
01-03-15, 14:10
Is it a hardware thing do you think. Ie its not capable of running it

Yes hardware spec, Duo does not have the spec to run the VU+ XBMC plugin.

garryboy
01-03-15, 14:26
Yes hardware spec, Duo does not have the spec to run the VU+ XBMC plugin.
Good excuse to get myself a new box lol. Cheers Sicilian.

dbmx
12-03-15, 17:57
will xbmc beta version updated to kodi.

Larry-G
12-03-15, 19:50
will xbmc beta version updated to kodi.

Only Vu+ really know the answer to that as this is their plugin and it is largely closed source, so no way for image teams to do any thing with it in the way of updates etc.

polosolo
22-03-15, 16:27
Hi Guy`s ,

I Have a Vu Ultimo ....and are slightly confused as to if this is compatible with the ultimo?
Was looking for a good method to enable itv player etc. as The on-demand plugin does not work with this now.

What is my best option please.?
Thanks for your time and help

Larry-G
22-03-15, 16:32
Hi Guy`s ,

I Have a Vu Ultimo ....and are slightly confused as to if this is compatible with the ultimo?
Was looking for a good method to enable itv player etc. as The on-demand plugin does not work with this now.

What is my best option please.?
Thanks for your time and help

You can use the Kodi direct plugin on the Ultimo but not the official full blown XBMC plugin as only the Solo2, Solo SE and the Duo2 are powerful enough for that.

bartjunited
14-09-16, 12:35
Is this still availablw and ok to use on solo 2 or solo SE v2
When looking in the extensions within plugins I couldn't see xbmc in there??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
14-09-16, 13:10
You need to look for vuplus-kodi not xbmc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
14-09-16, 16:52
Kodi on a Solo2 isn't good, do yourself a favor and run it on something more suitable.

I could not agree more.

bartjunited
14-09-16, 23:24
Fair enough I've got an android box MXIII I'll stick to that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Trial
15-09-16, 07:46
Hi,
Raider is now Twix and XBMC ist now called Kodi:-)

ciao

drusso66
10-12-16, 09:41
Sorry if this has been asked before, but i have been out of touch with the Satellite world and have just started using my VU+ Uno again.
My query is can you install Kodi/Xbmc on a VU+Uno or is it time to upgrade and if so whicjh would be the best V+ receiver to go for.

Trial
10-12-16, 09:49
Hi,
VU boxes starting with the Solo2 can use Kodi. If you have the old Uno (not 4K) then you cannot use Kodi.

Just a word of warning. Kodi works quite good on VU but it still cannot be compared to a real Kodi-Player like a PC.

ciao

Andy_Hazza
10-12-16, 09:54
Sorry if this has been asked before, but i have been out of touch with the Satellite world and have just started using my VU+ Uno again.
My query is can you install Kodi/Xbmc on a VU+Uno or is it time to upgrade and if so whicjh would be the best V+ receiver to go for.

vuplus-kodi which is available in the ViX plugin feeds is only available for the Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Solo SE v2 & I'm guessing also for the newly released Vu+ Uno 4K and eventually for the soon to be released Vu+ Ultimo 4K. The original Solo, Duo & Uno are not supported and couldn't run them anyhow do to the specs of those receivers. Also the Vu+ Zero doesn't support it.
But in saying that, to get the best user experience you are best using a device like Amazon fireTV, fireTV stick, Venz v10, Venz v10 Pro etc.

twol
10-12-16, 11:32
vuplus-kodi which is available in the ViX plugin feeds is only available for the Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Solo SE v2 & I'm guessing also for the newly released Vu+ Uno 4K and eventually for the soon to be released Vu+ Ultimo 4K. The original Solo, Duo & Uno are not supported and couldn't run them anyhow do to the specs of those receivers. Also the Vu+ Zero doesn't support it.
But in saying that, to get the best user experience you are best using a device like Amazon fireTV, fireTV stick, Venz v10, Venz v10 Pro etc.

Couldn,t agree more Andy, for the last few weeks I have been loaned (I have set it up for the owner:) )a Himedia Q10 Pro 4K HDR media player which apart from playing anything on my NAS media libraries without a hiccup also has Kodi installed. (and a few other things)
This box is really impressive, extremely fast, easy to use and really does seem to cope with all formats...... but not cheap:), however it will be sad to see it go to its owner

DaMacFunkin
10-12-16, 13:10

I wouldn't lump those in together, Venz v10 Pro can do so much more with Kodi than AFTV2, one is a Nissan Prius and the other is a Porsche.

Larry-G
10-12-16, 13:21
I wouldn't lump those in together, Venz v10 Pro can do so much more with Kodi than AFTV2, one is a Nissan Prius and the other is a Porsche.

My FTV sticks and FTV boxes work just fine for my needs and every one else I know who uses them too.

Ashley69
10-12-16, 13:57
It's in extensions and is named vuplus-kodi.

Oops. Don't know what happened here. :confused:
Please ignore this post.