PDA

View Full Version : vu solo2 transcoding vs vu duo2 transcoding

joysleep1
01-03-15, 01:51
Hi

I currently have a vu solo2 and it love the the box. The only problem is that the transcoding does not work as well. I have 4g connection and when i set the lowest quality of transcoding, it still keeps stuttering and jerking. Sometimes my box would even crash and have to reboot because of it.
Does anyone know if the duo2 can actually transcode better and runs more smoothly. btw when i mean transcode i mean outside home network.
I hate the mut@nt hd2400 and transcoding on there was better than the solo2 but i had to return that because it kept crashing. Does the duo2 transcode aswell as the mut@nt?
Any advice or help appreciated.

Thanks

judge
01-03-15, 02:21
No need for multiple posts.
Also, as you've refused to do the most basic of tests in your mut@nt thread, it would be hard to advise on any box that might suit you.
As you wouldn't do the most basic FTA test, have you considered your cam/config/network set-up to be an issue?
The Duo2 does provide better trascoding than the Solo2, but as you're only asking about this feature now, impossible to know if that was your problem with the mut@nt.
Have you opened ports on your router to use this feature? If so, that could easily be the issue.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 12:06
Also, as you've refused to do the most basic of tests in your mut@nt thread, it would be hard to advise on any box that might suit you.
As you wouldn't do the most basic FTA test, have you considered your cam/config/network set-up to be an issue?
The Duo2 does provide better trascoding than the Solo2, but as you're only asking about this feature now, impossible to know if that was your problem with the mut@nt.
Have you opened ports on your router to use this feature? If so, that could easily be the issue.

I have not refused to do it. I simply stated that it keeps freezing. And i have said numerous times that there are no crashlogs or debug logs for this. Even in FTA mode, it froze a few times. Now this did not happen with my solo2 and and i am hoping it will not happen with the duo2 if i choose to get one.
The transcoding was working fine on the mut@nt but it was not stable enough for me. I was merely asking if anyone noticed a difference in how the duo2 transcoded compared with the solo2

joysleep1
01-03-15, 12:10

To be honest i am using the same settings i did with my solo2 in exactly the same way. All i wanted was a cable tuner box with hardware transcoding. I have checked my cam/config files numerous times but it still keeps freezing. It worked well for my solo2 so i will just stick to that. But i have tried doing what you have said.
Thanks

Sicilian
01-03-15, 13:20
Stick with the HD2400, best hardware transcoding I've tested.