PDA

View Full Version : MotorsTV Freeview Aspect Ratio Glitch - Constantly changing

SkyFan
28-02-15, 17:10
Hi, Please look at the clip below which shows the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7SrUmaXghlPWEtiZXZCdmoxWW8/view

At random when watching any programme on MotorsTV on freeview the aspect ratio can change for a split second then it changes back to normal. When it happens it's squashing the picture. I copied the video above directly from my satellite receiver via FTP so I've not modified it in any way. Is anyone else having this problem and do you know how to fix it?

I'm using a Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home USB tuner. I'm just wondering if this is a problem with the tuner or if the programmes just aired like that?

sundtek
01-03-15, 08:50
seems like the stream is interpreted the wrong way. This should be a problem of Enigma2 you might try another image to see if that fixes your problem. It is possible that this TV station sends the wrong information, so the result would have to be checked eg. if the receiver gets 4 times 16:9 and 1 time 4:3 it should throw away the 4:3 information.

There is a flag that comes with the transport stream which tells the settopbox about the aspect ratio (4:3 / 16:9 / etc) In that video you can also see the top line shows a few small white lines, that is called WSS which also carries that information in an analog form.
While with DVB this is also available in digital form not embedded into the video some videos also show up the analog information in the first line (that's according to the specification).

SkyFan
01-03-15, 15:38
seems like the stream is interpreted the wrong way. This should be a problem of Enigma2 you might try another image to see if that fixes your problem. It is possible that this TV station sends the wrong information, so the result would have to be checked eg. if the receiver gets 4 times 16:9 and 1 time 4:3 it should throw away the 4:3 information.

There is a flag that comes with the transport stream which tells the settopbox about the aspect ratio (4:3 / 16:9 / etc) In that video you can also see the top line shows a few small white lines, that is called WSS which also carries that information in an analog form.
While with DVB this is also available in digital form not embedded into the video some videos also show up the analog information in the first line (that's according to the specification).

Thanks for your help. I FTP'd a recording to my PC. MediaInfo says the aspect ratio of the video is 1:85:1 and the resolution is 544 x 576. However as you can see by this screenshot (http://postimg.org/image/92t3elaxz/) the resolution reported by the box is 528 x 576. So perhaps the box thinks it's a different resolution to what it is which is causing the problem?

It takes a long time to re-install an image and add my settings so I don't want to do that unless I know it will fix the problem. Have you had people that have had this problem before and updating the image fixed the problem? I have Vix Apollo 113 installed. Do you know what images I will NOT get this glitch on?

Is there any other way to fix the issue besides installing another image?

Can I also use this tuner on my PC as I'll try it there to see if I get the same problem. How do I set it up on my PC?

sundtek
01-03-15, 21:40
Thanks for your help. I FTP'd a recording to my PC. MediaInfo says the aspect ratio of the video is 1:85:1 and the resolution is 544 x 576. However as you can see by this screenshot (http://postimg.org/image/92t3elaxz/) the resolution reported by the box is 528 x 576. So perhaps the box thinks it's a different resolution to what it is which is causing the problem?

It takes a long time to re-install an image and add my settings so I don't want to do that unless I know it will fix the problem. Have you had people that have had this problem before and updating the image fixed the problem? I have Vix Apollo 113 installed. Do you know what images I will NOT get this glitch on?

Is there any other way to fix the issue besides installing another image?

Can I also use this tuner on my PC as I'll try it there to see if I get the same problem. How do I set it up on my PC?

You can also use it on the PC.

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php?board=6.0

I'm not sure how old your device is (devices from Mid-February 2015 on still need a Windows driver update, which will be done within the next 1 or 2 days)

The current driver for devices between 2014 - 2015/early February:
http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_driver_windows_mtvIII_2015-02-22.zip

As Player you might try SichboPVR
http://www.sichbopvr.com

I guess you would have to capture some raw stream sample to see if this really comes from the video directly, you can contact us via Skype if you need some help with creating a dump.

SkyFan
08-03-15, 20:56
Please look at the clip below which shows the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7SrUmaXghlPWEtiZXZCdmoxWW8/view

At random when watching any programme on MotorsTV on freeview the aspect ratio can change for a split second then it changes back to normal. When it happens it's squashing the picture. I copied the video above directly from my satellite receiver via FTP so I've not modified it in any way. Is anyone else having this problem and do you know how to fix it?

I'm using a Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home USB tuner. I'm just wondering if this is a problem with the tuner or if the programmes just aired like that?

Sundtek replied below saying it's the Vix image that's causing the problem:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44165-MotorsTV-Freeview-Aspect-Ratio-Glitch-Constantly-changing

Could you please fix this bug in Vix because at the moment this makes MotorsTV unwatchable.

abu baniaz
08-03-15, 21:22
I have merged the threads.

Is it just the Vix image that is exhibiting this issue or other images too?
Were you able grab the raw data?
Have you got any debug logs that can help in getting the matter addressed?

SkyFan
08-03-15, 21:32
I'm only interested in using Vix so I haven't tried other images. Don't know what you mean by raw data.
How can I get a debug log?

abu baniaz
08-03-15, 21:40
To enable debug logs

Menu > setup > System > logs >
Enable debug logs. A restart is required for it to take effect. Debug logs capture most things going on with receiver. When issue occurs, it should be recorded and someone can have a look at it. Default location is /home/root/logs/ you can FTP to recievr, save to PC , and attach to post after zipping.

pembo
08-03-15, 21:40
was about to test this myself until I realised motors TV wasn't even there on my freeview bouquet from ABM... I need to do a bit of digging to figure out why!

abu baniaz
09-03-15, 11:17
was about to test this myself until I realised motors TV wasn't even there on my freeview bouquet from ABM... I need to do a bit of digging to figure out why!
Administrative error in ABM. My mistake, sorry. It has been rectified and should be fine in next image. Remove service type 16 from excluson in xml if you want instant fix.

pembo
09-03-15, 20:19
Administrative error in ABM. My mistake, sorry. It has been rectified and should be fine in next image. Remove service type 16 from excluson in xml if you want instant fix.

:D thanks. Will change and test the channel

abu baniaz
09-03-15, 20:27
I watched just over an hour of it on a GI LX3 and TM 3TC. It happened a couple of times on the actual program, a few more times during the adverts.

I'll raise a bug report.

SkyFan
09-03-15, 20:32
I watched just over an hour of it on a GI LX3 and TM 3TC. It happened a couple of times on the actual program, a few more times during the adverts.

I'll raise a bug report.

Are you doing that for the aspect ratio glitch? If so thanks as I haven't had a chance to get that bug report for you yet as I don't have the time to watch a programme as the bug is really annoying. It could happen often or not at all so it's hard to find.

What freeview tuner were you using? Do you have any idea when a new Apollo image may be released to fix this issue?

abu baniaz
09-03-15, 20:40
The TM has an onboard tuner, I think it is a panasonic one. Not sure what make the LX3 has, but it is a pluggable one.

I dont think the receivers are able to obtain the raw data that Sundtek had suggested you obtain.

SkyFan
09-03-15, 20:44
OK thanks but can you confirm you've seen the glitch I mentioned and that you're raising a bug report?

abu baniaz
09-03-15, 20:49
Bug report has been raised.

We also await the raw data from you. Sundtek will be happy to assist you in obtaining these.

SkyFan
10-03-15, 16:07
What raw data do you need? Can you please tell me if this issue will be fixed in the next Apollo image now that you know about it?

rossi2000
10-03-15, 16:28
try another image to see if the problem is there too.

sundtek
11-03-15, 20:47
try another image to see if the problem is there too.

Another image might really be able to fix that, best is to contact us via Skype (sundtek), there's not much time to read through all the forums at the moment.