PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD2400 on openvix keeps crashing

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:39
Hi

I do not know if my box is faulty or the image i am using is buggy. Randomly my box will freeze or get stuck in standby mode.
Is it something i am doing wrong?

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:43
I am using vix 147

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 22:48
Can you upload your crashlogs?

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:50
How would i go about doing that . I can view it on my box.

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:51
It has just happend again. I have lost picture and audio and it has completely crashed.
Just a few seconds ago.
I do not know why this is happening

Sicilian
27-02-15, 22:51
What plugins and softcam's do you have installed?

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:52
is says enigma2_crash_1424798697.log

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:55
i have only got E2 auto boquets and using the sky skin.
Thats it

What plugins and softcam's do you have installed?

I am using softcam cams-cccam.2.3.0_

What is the best softcam to use?

Sicilian
27-02-15, 22:57
Try exactly as follows: -

1) Re-flash fresh and setup fresh build 150 here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/
2) Do not install ANY softcams or extra plugins.
3) Use embedded Autobouquetsmaker, Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Autobouquetsmaker. Setup only Freesat UK.

Test as free to air for 24 hours.

joysleep1
27-02-15, 22:58
I am going to try and flash openpli. But i love using openvix. I do not understand why it keeps randomly crashing

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 22:59
you should upload your crash log here.

nsw9154
27-02-15, 23:01
I am using cccam 2.3.0 and my mutant is working fine

joysleep1
27-02-15, 23:01
Does the crashlog code mean anything to you?

Sicilian
27-02-15, 23:02
Does the crashlog code mean anything to you?

No, because you haven't uploaded it here, only the log name.

joysleep1
27-02-15, 23:04
Could it be the fact i am using a vu remote on the mut@nt. Could that be causing it?

Sicilian
27-02-15, 23:08
Could it be the fact i am using a vu remote on the mut@nt. Could that be causing it?

Who knows without your crashlog.

FTP the crash log from /home/root/logs and attached to a post here.

joysleep1
27-02-15, 23:10
Im so sorry. After it crashed. I factory reset it and flashed openpli on there. I am going to try give this a go and see what happens. I think i did send it via the box though. It said press green button to send the crash log. I dont know what that means.

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 23:52
I have checked the emails, nothing from you.

Please test as per Sicilian's post. Upload crash log here if it happens again. May be an idea enabling debug logs too.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 00:04
I did not like openpli already. I am going back to Vix. I will upload any crash logs i get. I just hope it works out.

alienkargo
28-02-15, 01:57
I'm currently using vix 147 on a vu+ solo2 and i'm trying my hardest to make it crash....without any luck!

joysleep1
28-02-15, 03:11
I have just flashed openvix 150 and it has crashed like 5 times in a row. This is ridiculous. It must be a faulty receiver. I am just browsing around the menu and channels and randomly it just freezes. I have tried all three different kind of CCCams.
I can not upload the crash logs because it does not show up when i keep having to reboot it from the back.
All i have done is flash openvix and done and complete the embedded auto bouquets and so i can start watching my TV. And it constantly crashes on numerous occasions. I think i will have to return this box. I do now know what i am doing wrong. My vu solo2 never crashes like this.

s1m0nw
28-02-15, 05:38
Try using mgcamd softcam

Sicilian
28-02-15, 07:02
I have just flashed openvix 150 and it has crashed like 5 times in a row. This is ridiculous. It must be a faulty receiver. I am just browsing around the menu and channels and randomly it just freezes. I have tried all three different kind of CCCams.
I can not upload the crash logs because it does not show up when i keep having to reboot it from the back.
All i have done is flash openvix and done and complete the embedded auto bouquets and so i can start watching my TV. And it constantly crashes on numerous occasions. I think i will have to return this box. I do now know what i am doing wrong. My vu solo2 never crashes like this.

When you reboot the receiver FTP the crash log from /home/root/logs

joysleep1
28-02-15, 12:34
hi
the only log i have is this one

I do not know how to upload it on to here. I have found my log in filezilla. How do i post it here?

joysleep1
28-02-15, 12:38
I have set up the box to send it to my email address. I do now know how to post it on here

joysleep1
28-02-15, 12:43
how do you use mgcamd with N line?

joysleep1
28-02-15, 12:46
Just now i have lot picture but the audio is playing and my box has become unresponsive. I was only watching channel 4 HD. I have to always off the box from the back. Why is it doing this? It is going to keep playing the sound while the picture is frozen. The box would not restart itself and so i have to reset it from the back

joysleep1
28-02-15, 12:46
Oh it just crashed and re-booted by itself. But i do no have any crash reports. I only have debug reports.
Is this helpful?

joysleep1
28-02-15, 18:31
I cant tell if its the box or the image. Anyone else having any issues with the mut@nt hd with openvix?

Sicilian
28-02-15, 18:38
Instead of spamming the thread please do as suggest and upload the crashlog as an attachment here! Instructions where to FTP it from have already been posted.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 19:04
There is no attachment logo for me to upload the log

joysleep1
28-02-15, 19:07
Instead of spamming the thread please do as suggest and upload the crashlog as an attachment here! Instructions where to FTP it from have already been posted.

Ok i think i have done it

Sicilian
28-02-15, 19:10
Thats a debug log, not crash log.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 19:13
Thats a debug log, not crash log.

Well thats all i have. When it freezes, i have to reboot it from the back. I do not get a crashlog out of this. Although it has not frozen in a while. I have not downloaded e2 auto boquets this time and i think that may have fixed it but i do not know yet. If it crashes again, should i just wait for my box to reboot itself?

Sicilian
28-02-15, 19:14
Why are you installing e2 auto bouquets?? ViX has Autobouqetsmaker embedded :confused:

abu baniaz
28-02-15, 19:18
One thing AB 28.2 has over ABM is that it allows you to customise the bouquets contents.

ABM now has the not-indexed chanenls, so unless you are cutomising your bouquets, ABM on its own will be fine.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 19:57
Why are you installing e2 auto bouquets?? ViX has Autobouqetsmaker embedded :confused:

Ok it has frozen again. It is not rebooting itself. I dont know how to get a crashlog of this

joysleep1
28-02-15, 20:00
Yh i have not downloaded e2 anymore. I thought it was that thats causing it but i know it is not that. I do not know what it is now. I have factory resetted and started again. Have not downloaded anything except cccam 2.30
And it still keeps crashing. The picture keeps freezing and the box becomes unresponsive.
I guess i will just go back to my solo2 and return this box. I really thought it would be a winner.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 21:16

I have uploaded a crash log

abu baniaz
28-02-15, 21:30
After installing AutoBouquets 28.2 by Lraizer, you need to restart your receiver. It always crashes on first run if you do not.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 21:41
After installing AutoBouquets 28.2 by Lraizer, you need to restart your receiver. It always crashes on first run if you do not.

Yh i i do reboot.
Then it seems to crash every hour or so after. Sometimes a complete freeze or sometimes the picture freezes with the audio continues. Then it reboots by itself.
I do not know what is causing this and it does not show on crash logs because it is a complete freeze. I am guessing it is a faulty receiver.

abu baniaz
28-02-15, 21:53
You said receiver keeps crashing. Crashing would result in a crashlog. Restarting on its own accord is a different thing altogether. That crashlog you attach will not happen if you had restarted receiver after insatlling AB 28.2. You also said you did not install it.

Just to rule any external issues, why don't you just do as the suggested by Sicilian in post 9? When you contact your retailer, they will tell you to do exactly the same thing.

I am reposting the advice to you. It is in your interest.

Try exactly as follows: -

1) Re-flash fresh and setup fresh build 150 here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/
2) Do not install ANY softcams or extra plugins.
3) Use embedded Autobouquetsmaker, Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Autobouquetsmaker. Setup only Freesat UK.

Test as free to air for 24 hours.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 22:03
You said receiver keeps crashing. Crashing would result in a crashlog. Restarting on its own accord is a different thing altogether. That crashlog you attach will not happen if you had restarted receiver after insatlling AB 28.2. You also said you did not install it.

Just to rule any external issues, why don't you just do as the suggested by Sicilian in post 9? When you contact your retailer, they will tell you to do exactly the same thing.

I am reposting the advice to you. It is in your interest.

OK
It is not crashing like that. It just becomes unresponsive. Right now for example, i am getting picture of what i am watching but now the receiver has become unresponsive. The remote doesn't work, I can not shut it down from the remote. I can not change channel. I am forced to turn it off from the back and on again in order for me to use the box again.
This never happened with my solo2.
I am going to request a refund. I have only had it for a few days and it is very poor. I think i will stick to Vu range boxes. THey seem to be more stable.

Mr. Mister
28-02-15, 22:05
Why dont you listen to what your being asked to do.. ?

People here are bending over backwards to help you.. and yet you take no heed to what they are telling you..

joysleep1
28-02-15, 22:14
Why dont you listen to what your being asked to do.. ?

People here are bending over backwards to help you.. and yet you take no heed to what they are telling you..

Because i need CCCam to run. I am sorry but i am not going to use my receiver without it otherwise it is completely pointless. I have done everything asked of me. I started from the beginning. Tech support emailed me and told me to download the cccam and flash version 150. And yet it still keeps freezing.
I would rather get a refund.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 22:20
Thanks anyway for everyones help. I really wanted to like this receiver but it wasnt to be

Mr. Mister
28-02-15, 22:21
You have been asked to upload your crash logs.. and you have not..
You have been asked to flash your receiver again with build 150 and run for 24 hours as FTA.. and you have not..

joysleep1
28-02-15, 22:26
You have been asked to upload your crash logs.. and you have not..
You have been asked to flash your receiver again with build 150 and run for 24 hours as FTA.. and you have not..

I cant upload logs that i have not had. I said it has frozen, which means i have to turn it off from the back. This does not give me a crash log. So how can i update something whcih doesnt exist. I uploaded a debug log which i thought would help. I am not going to use my receiver as a free to air because that is completely pointless. I have important games i need to watch tomorrow.
Running FTA would not achieve anything useful.
If not one else is having any troubles or glitches with openvix, then it is just my box then. Till now my box is on the same channel and i cant change it. It is completely unresponsive. I keep thinking it might restart itself but i guess i will have to switch it off from the back again and just pack it up for return.
Thanks for the help anyway.

pembo
28-02-15, 22:59
Till now my box is on the same channel and i cant change it. It is completely unresponsive

Can you telnet/ssh into the box?
Does openwebif still work - if so what about zapping the channel to change in openwebif, or using the remote in openwebif?

s1m0nw
28-02-15, 23:01
I have same box and openvix 150 but running mgcamd softcam as i have found that to run better than cccam. Ur freezing etc could be related to ccam softcam, which is why you have been asked to setup the the freesat without scanning for sky uk channels to rule out any software issues

joysleep1
28-02-15, 23:04
No when it becomes in this state it is completely unresponsive. My laptop or phone cannot connect to the receiver.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 23:06
I have same box and openvix 150 but running mgcamd softcam as i have found that to run better than cccam. Ur freezing etc could be related to ccam softcam, which is why you have been asked to setup the the freesat without scanning for sky uk channels to rule out any software issues

Hi
I've always been used to CCCAM. And i reckon lots of people use CCCAM with openvix. They don't have any issues. I don't even know how to set up MGCamd to work with my nline... I'm always used to cfg files..
If you can show me how MGCamd works I'll try it.
But for now I need the encrypted channels
Thanks

s1m0nw
28-02-15, 23:10
Try the freesat option just for 30mins to an 1hr its not gonna do you any harm and it may take you to the next step in getting your box sorted if it doesnt crash while using freesat.

joysleep1
28-02-15, 23:46
Try the freesat option just for 30mins to an 1hr its not gonna do you any harm and it may take you to the next step in getting your box sorted if it doesnt crash while using freesat.

Thanks but i think i am just going to pack it up. I mean the channel is got stuck on was a fta channel.
Thanks for the help everyone but i think the vu solo2 is the best. I would probably get the duo2 when i move upstairs into the loft cos i do not have the space in my room.

Thanks everyone for the support.

judge
01-03-15, 03:19
I am not going to use my receiver as a free to air because that is completely pointless. I have important games i need to watch tomorrow.
Running FTA would not achieve anything useful.
So, you're going to return a box because you still refuse to do the most basic test?
What's the point in anyone trying to help you with your issue so?

joysleep1
01-03-15, 03:58
So, you're going to return a box because you still refuse to do the most basic test?
What's the point in anyone trying to help you with your issue so?

Ok i did try it. I flashed openvix 150 and tried watching fta channels. It froze on channel e4 around 30 mins later and rebooted itself. It rebooted and crashed again. So i have tried to make it work. Sometimes i lose picture and the audio continues. Then it reboots again by itself. This is all on fta channels only. I have not tried to install any softcam. All i did was download the embedded auto-boquets.
So i have tried.
Thanks

judge
01-03-15, 04:19
So, you have at least 2 debug logs & 1 crash log. Please upload them.
Something shorting on your cables/fplugs?

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:23

I have not got any debug logs or crash logs because it did not restart the GUI. It just freezes and i have to off it from the back. This means there is no logs for me to upload. Yes as far as i can see, the satellite cables are screwed in securely.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:26

I can not see anything wrong with my cables or plugs.

judge
01-03-15, 04:27
I have not got any debug logs or crash logs because it did not restart the GUI. It just freezes and i have to off it from the back. This means there is no logs for me to upload. Yes as far as i can see, the satellite cables are screwed in securely.
Debug logs are still created if enabled, after a box or E2 restart.
Where are you saving them to?

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:30
Debug logs are still created if enabled, after a box or E2 restart.
Where are you saving them to?

It is saved on the home/root
I will wait until it crashes again.
I have enabled debug logs now

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:32
It is saved on the home/root
I will wait until it crashes again.

I really want to watch the cricket right now. I want to try Mg camd but i cant seem to get any picture, I have uploaded the mg_cfg and newcamd list into the USR keys folder.
What am i doing wrong?
Someone mentioned here that mgcamd could be the way to go.
??

judge
01-03-15, 04:36
61 posts in & you're only enabling debug logs now? I pity the retailer.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:38
61 posts in & you're only enabling debug logs now? I pity the retailer.

No i did upload some earlier.
And are you sure it will show up as a log if it requires a reset from the back?

judge
01-03-15, 04:38
I really want to watch the cricket right now. I want to try Mg camd but i cant seem to get any picture, I have uploaded the mg_cfg and newcamd list into the USR keys folder.
What am i doing wrong?
Someone mentioned here that mgcamd could be the way to go.
??

If that's your problem, it's not a retailer issue.

joysleep1
01-03-15, 04:43
If that's your problem, it's not a retailer issue.

Well yes it is because everyone who buys this box uses cccam and to not be able to use it renders the item worthless. You should know that. Anyways i will upload any logs i get. I did upload some before. There was a crash log i uploaded.
And i have tried to take advice in regards to trying Mgcamd however i am getting no luck. Also, cccam is used a lot more so i think it is fair i should be able to use it.

judge
01-03-15, 04:46
Also, cccam is used a lot more so i think it is fair i should be able to use it.
Have you a current valid & updated sub/card for what you are trying to view?

Andy_Hazza
01-03-15, 09:03
how do you use mgcamd with N line?

No he hasn't Judge, he quoted this in post #26!!

Larry-G
01-03-15, 09:17
I am not going to use my receiver as a free to air because that is completely pointless.

We are trying to ascertain whether you have a genuine hardware issue or whether your issues are related to the installation of plugins in this case CCcam. If you are unwilling to follow our advise there is very little we can do to help you further.

richf176
01-03-15, 12:36
I will buy your mutant box for £50

Larry-G
01-03-15, 12:44
Well yes it is because everyone who buys this box uses cccam and to not be able to use it renders the item worthless. You should know that. Anyways i will upload any logs i get. I did upload some before. There was a crash log i uploaded.

Sorry I don't mean to offend but that statement is a total load of rubbish. And for the record we can not help with illegally obtaining pay TV channels, only if you are using a genuine and legitimate sky uk card.

joysleep1
19-03-15, 19:34
For all those wandering what happened with this scenario, I returned the box back to world of satellite
This is the response I got from them around a week and a half later.

Ok, we’ve replicated the fault on the returned unit.

Please advise when you return and we’ll ship a replacement.

Regards,

Stef

Anyone know who stef is?

goosegog
19-03-15, 19:59
Hes a very helpful chap from the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
19-03-15, 21:01
Hes a very helpful chap from the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. I found him a bit abrupt when I was emailing him about the box.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
19-03-15, 21:57
Hmm. I found him a bit abrupt when I was emailing him about the box.

Hmm, well please accept our apologies if our last email came across a little abrupt, but your questions via email are little like your Forum posts, you do not read what's replied or advised. We had no less than approx 50-60 emails from you since you received your order, 22 emails the day after you received your order for support, which was not a problem, I even spent around 15-20mins on the phone with you helping with a transcoding app (out of our office hours). Yes your item was faulty, unfortunately with electronic's you occasionally do get faults, same could happen when purchasing any electronic device.

We would also like to point out that I arranged collection of the goods when faulty and have responded to all of your questions via email promptly. We've tried our utmost to keep you happy.

In all honesty, after reading your post here and due to all the help and support given, I'd rather not replace the goods when stock arrives tomorrow, a full refund is going to be processed this evening.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but we'd prefer the order cancelled and refunded.

joysleep1
20-03-15, 06:59
Hmm, well please accept our apologies if our last email came across a little abrupt, but your questions via email are little like your Forum posts, you do not read what's replied or advised. We had no less than approx 50-60 emails from you since you received your order, 22 emails the day after you received your order for support, which was not a problem, I even spent around 15-20mins on the phone with you helping with a transcoding app (out of our office hours). Yes your item was faulty, unfortunately with electronic's you occasionally do get faults, same could happen when purchasing any electronic device.

We would also like to point out that I arranged collection of the goods when faulty and have responded to all of your questions via email promptly. We've tried our utmost to keep you happy.

In all honesty, after reading your post here and due to all the help and support given, I'd rather not replace the goods when stock arrives tomorrow, a full refund is going to be processed this evening.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but we'd prefer the order cancelled and refunded.

That's a little harsh. The only questions I was asking was what the fault was and how often this occurs. I also mentioned how long the warranty is. I feel this was all reasonable questions and i didn't feel this was inappropriate to ask. Now regarding the forums talk. I did everything advised so to say that I didn't was very unreasonable to the point that the product was actually faulty. Now I understand that this happens with all electronic devices but that should at least prove that I was asking for genuine help. I appreciate the fact you helped me with the transcoding and I thank you for that. I hope you understand that I have done nothing wrong and that I fully appreciate what you've done.
Now I really want the mut@nt HD2400. Is there anyway you could send a replacement or do I have to order it again?

Larry-G
20-03-15, 09:02
For all those wandering what happened with this scenario, I returned the box back to world of satellite
This is the response I got from them around a week and a half later.

Ok, we’ve replicated the fault on the returned unit.

Please advise when you return and we’ll ship a replacement.

Regards,

Stef

Anyone know who stef is?

Stef of SDF Trading limited is World of satellite.