PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800UE] Freezing up everyday

olly
26-02-15, 19:37
Hi,I have been having this issue for a while,on other builds from at least 131.When I setup my usb stick to how i have previously,mainly when i was using Helios,i did not seem to get any issues,but for some reason the box would be frozen usually after ABM or Cross EPG update every morning.
I have always used the same usb stick without problem,and even tried my trusted Intergral 2gb stick,but still no joy.I am assuming its usb related as once setup in mounts,the box would also sometimes freeze on reboot,meaning i would have to pull the plug,but once powered back on it would be fine until the following morning.
I have tried Initialise the usb in the box,also used Hp format(quick) tool to Fat32,Windows format tool also and tried a Swap file on Ext 3 & 4.

Any advice would be great,I use a wireless usb in the front,and storage usb in rear.
I have tried a fresh reflash,no luck!
Cheers Olly

olly
27-02-15, 19:36
Hi,nobody got any advice please.??
Its started to get annoying having to keep pulling the plug.Without the usb storage stick in,all seems ok....Could there be a clash with the usb wifi stick or drivers for it.

olly
28-02-15, 22:18
Hi,no help at all,even mods cannot help then?

abu baniaz
28-02-15, 22:51
Can you enable debug logs, reboot for change to take effect. Upload them next time it happens.

khan888
28-02-15, 22:51
I had the same issue here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=41607

Still had issues with numerous builds but at the moment apollo build 131 is working fine for me. USB initialised OK and setup swap file to 256mb and not had a crash since.

olly
01-03-15, 00:19
Can you enable debug logs, reboot for change to take effect. Upload them next time it happens.

Will do .Do not think there enabled at the moment.Thanks

olly
01-03-15, 00:19
I had the same issue here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=41607

Still had issues with numerous builds but at the moment apollo build 131 is working fine for me. USB initialised OK and setup swap file to 256mb and not had a crash since.

Will check your thread too. Olly

olly
01-03-15, 01:11
Khan88, So yours is still having these issues on the newer builds,but you say 131 has been ok?
So you think a reflash to this build will keep it stable.
Also deleting what rob said also helps?
Cheers

judge
01-03-15, 02:34
Using the + version of this box with 1 DVB-S & 1 DVB-T, left on 24x7 for the past 3 weeks.
Builds 142, online updated to 147 when it was released, not one single freeze, works perfectly everytime I switch HDMI to it.

Still no debug logs uploaded, so still just guess work.

khan888
01-03-15, 03:51
Khan88, So yours is still having these issues on the newer builds,but you say 131 has been ok?
So you think a reflash to this build will keep it stable.
Also deleting what rob said also helps?
Cheers
Deleting what rob suggested sorted the freezing out when trying to mount my USB stick but not the epg issue. A fresh flash of build 131 sorted this but not previous ones, not tried any newer builds yet.

Epg only downloads when I have swapfile active but fails if it's not running, I also don't have freezing issues whatsoever now.

As Abu/judge have suggested enable debug logs and upload them to see what's causing the issue.

olly
01-03-15, 11:47
I will enable them, but as its my fathers box, i am not there all the while to do this at the moment. On my next visit i will get the usb stick setup again and enable debug logs and report back once i get an issue. Cheers all.

olly
03-03-15, 23:10
I have tried setting up debug logs, but when it states a restart is needed on reboot i just get a constant vix spinning, and this was left for nearly 11 hours today and was still spinning at a very slow rate,even tho i could view a channel it booted up on, i could not control anything on the box, so had to pull the plug, and once removed usb stick, it all worked fine again, so back to where i was again.
I did also do what was suggested by rob and removed any lines that may cause issue with the usb as mentioned in the link suggested.

cactikid
04-03-15, 00:41
is epg going to internal flash?sometimes powering off/on may change settings,curious if internal hdd fitted also.
could you try either hard wired or home plugs to rule out wifi.

judge
04-03-15, 00:56
sometimes powering off/on may change settings
Not if set up properly. :confused:

olly
04-03-15, 11:50
No hdd drive. Thing is i would not be able to tell as on reboot i cannot access anything with the remote.Vix spins, so will not respond.

olly
04-03-15, 11:51
Getting the same on my own vu solo also, no hdd using usb storage and home plugs.

olly
05-03-15, 13:02
Hi,I have added a log file for the Gigablue if anyone can advise please.Thanks
Just to add,i may have updated to build 150 after this crash happened.

olly
05-03-15, 19:59
Gigablue seems ok at this stage, but i had to pull plug on reboot as vix was just spinning very slowly, after setting up debug logs in manager.
I got round it by putting into deep standby then adding usb stick and restart from here.
The log above was when the vix was spinning slowly i think.
Thanks again.