PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Remote control - After update box responding to another device remote

Safwaan
15-02-15, 12:50
Hi, Seem to be having quite an unusual error, I have been using build 132 previously and this error did not previously occur.

After the 147 update the Venton HD2 box is responding to keypresses on other devices remote controls, specifically: the power button on my Logitech Z-5500 sends the yellow button command bringing up the "search epg" screen.

I use a harmony remote and now turning devices off causes the box to go to the search screen rather than standby. And when I turn devices on to watch tv it always goes to the "search EPG" screen.

I should also add that the yellow button pushed on the venton remote does not switch the Z-5500 off, the Z-5500 does not respond to the venton remote at all. However the power button on the Z-5500 switches it off and also causes the EPG search menu to appear on the screen.

Has something changed in the way ir remotes work on this device, can't figure out how to stop this from happening.