PDA

View Full Version : No service after upgrade

quartermain
14-02-15, 18:39
I took delivery of one of these (with four hybrid tuners) on Wednesday. Since I don't have a splitter yet I just looped all the tuners through, ie A -> B -> C -> D. I was warned by the seller that this wasn't the optimum but I tried it anyway. No problem. I even looped the output of tuner D to the media PC that this box is intended to replace. No problem. I hooked up a drive via USB initially and did some recordings. All OK.

I borrowed a laptop drive to see if 5400 rpm is OK to record lots of channels at once or if I need a 7200. This morning I fitted the drive, all seemed OK. Around that time I spotted that the box said that an update was available so I accepted it.

About that time things started to go pear shaped. I started getting messages like "Tune failed" and "Service not found. SID not found in PAT".

So I simplified the cabling by removing all loopthroughs and just having the aerial cable into Tuner A. I did a factory reset and configured Tuner A to be DVB-T2 and the rest to be not present. I did a scan - nada. If I go into Sat Finder and go through the Crystal Palace muxes, the SNR bar stays at 0 throughout.

I'm wondering if the upgrade broke something and if it's easy to revert to a previous version.

quartermain
27-02-15, 13:26
The issue seems to be that having a hybrid tuner in both slots A and D is not a supported configuration - those two tuners don't work, whereas B and C do. Removing D, then A and B and C all work. So WOS has agreed to swap one of the tuners for a satellite one.

The terrestrial tuners are pretty insensitive - I don't get the green "Lock" tick on the two HD muxes. The BBC1HD mux scans OK all the time, the BBC4HD one occasionally doesn't. I have an aerial man here right now, he says the signal strength is fine but he's fitted a masthead amp all the same. We'll see how things go - I had two recording failures, both BBC4HD (but that just might have been when I had all four tuners in, I can't remember).

Sicilian
27-02-15, 13:51
You can have the following: -

3x DVB-C/T/T2 in slots A,B,C or B,C,D basically its not possible to have Hybrid tuners in BOTH slot A & D together at the same time.