PDA

View Full Version : Display front of receiver

jassie
13-02-15, 19:29
I notice on the box the receiver is shown with a picon covering all the display with the weather underneath it, how can I get it to display like this on mine which was loaded up with vix kindly by the sponsor and it shows other information as well, I would like the picon to take up as much of the display as possible, :cool: I am not sure if this is a image thing or something which I can change, thanks

jassie
13-02-15, 21:13
I've played about with the front display panel option and managed to pull the picons about to cover the display thanks;)

Clabs
13-02-15, 21:29
Jassie

You said that you would like it as it is shown on the box with weather and picons but it doesn't look good in real life because the screen is not big enough.

Have a look at this post because I uploaded a couple of LCD4LINUX files that give large picons and weather on alternating screens, if that is any interest.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37316-Finishing-of-my-setup-Vu-duo2-Last-few-questions!-(Vfd-and-Epg)

If nothing else, it gives you an idea of what else is possible.

jassie
13-02-15, 21:33
cheers mate, that seems interesting will see how I go with that:thumbsup:

jassie
13-02-15, 21:45
clabs I want to put the one that shows weather whilst in standby onto the receiver, but having read the posts there I am unsure as to how to transfer that file once unzipped to the receiver, can I ftp it across? If so to which directory do you place it? A related problem I have is I originally saved picons to the hard drive, but most of those have moved transponders etc, I have previously tried to delete them so I can replace them with new ones but haven't been able to remove them:confused:

Clabs
13-02-15, 21:47
No worries. I cannot remember if I explained what to do with the files in that thread. Unrar the file and ftp it to your tmp directory on your Duo2. When you are in the LCD4Linux menu, press the Menu button again and that gives you the option to load the new file or save your old one etc.

Clabs
13-02-15, 22:12
Jassie - with regards your picons, the hard drive is not the place to store them. Your Duo2 has plenty of flash memory so that is the best choice.

What happens when you try to delete them? You should be able to simply ftp in to your receiver and delete the entire picon folder on your hdd. Then, download a picon pack from the feeds and install in flash.

jassie
13-02-15, 22:25
Cheers mate:D

jassie
14-02-15, 00:02
deleted the picon folder from the hard drive but they are still showing on my receiver after resetting:rolleyes:

judge
14-02-15, 00:04
deleted the picon folder from the hard drive but they are still showing on my receiver after resetting:rolleyes:

After resetting? If you mean restarting, then you have more than one picon location being used.

jassie
14-02-15, 00:13
having messed about with things the picons are still on screen but don't show on the front panel despite ftp'ing that file again, I have also downloaded the new picons to the flash and these are not showing anywhere, typical of me to cock things up like this

judge
14-02-15, 00:17
having messed about with things the picons are still on screen but don't show on the front panel despite ftp'ing that file again, I have also downloaded the new picons to the flash and these are not showing anywhere, typical of me to cock things up like this
Front panel display is an issue, reported. All other picons should work fine.

Clabs
14-02-15, 00:24
Front panel display is an issue, reported. All other picons should work fine.

Working fine here on my Duo2 - what is the issue?

judge
14-02-15, 00:38
Working fine here on my Duo2 - what is the issue?
Only FPD picon enabled box I can test on at the moment is a GB-UE+, not working as expected on it.

abu baniaz
14-02-15, 00:45
Front display panel and LCD are two differnt things.

Current issue is as follows:
Install and then select a non-default skin. Restart to apply changes.
Go into fornt dispal panel settings, skin setup and selct default with picon.
After restart you will find you are back on default OSD skin. The front display panel skin has not changed.

It's being looked at.

jassie
14-02-15, 00:58
The old picons are showing on the tv but not on the receivers display box