PDA

View Full Version : Tuner configuration help

jassie
13-02-15, 19:25
I received my new duo2 from the sponsors yesterday, I need a little help with configuring the tuners, I have the dual tuner and the extra single tuner. Basically I've set up tuners a and b as standard 28east, tuner c I am using a diseq switch to use 28east through one side and all other satellites through the other. I had a similar set up on my old duo, but notice the menus aren't the same. The trouble I'm having is I have tested things by setting recordings on tuner a and b and when I go to use tuner c it only shows certain channels which are best described as those which we can talk about but not others, then when I switch to channels on hot bird it won't display them, I think I haven't set things up correctly, any assistance with how the tuners should be set up would be appreciated, thanks:confused:

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 20:05
You have not described what is connected to the diseqc switch.

jassie
13-02-15, 21:18
I am trying to set things up exactly as I did here but with three tuners now instead of two, is tuner a and b the dual and tuner c the extra single one? to ensure I am putting the wires in the right tuners, thanks

jassie
13-02-15, 21:28
sorry as per this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15179-One-fixed-dish-and-the-other-with-dieqc-to-fixed-dish-and-to-motorized&highlight=jassie

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 21:41
That is covered in this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax

It is also included in the Vix manual if you have issues accessing the guide

jassie
13-02-15, 22:00
I think I have a problem with selecting the correct committed diseq command as I can select port a to d and the options in the diagram are not available in my menu

jassie
13-02-15, 22:05
I have started a recording on a channel such as bbc1 and whilst that is recording from tuner a I am only able to view a channel such as bbc1 from tuner b, I hope that makes sense:(

jassie
13-02-15, 22:10
further to that if I record another fta like channel 5 with tuner b, I can view another fta channel with tuner c on either 28 east or even hotbird.

jassie
14-02-15, 00:17
I have disabled tuner c and still the problem persists, it appears only tuner a certain channels which aren't fta, what could be causing this problem, please assist, many thanks

abu baniaz
14-02-15, 00:26
You do not select tuner then channel. You select chanel and receiver selects tuner based on free resources.

If you are using CCcam, make sure you are using 2.30. If you use an older veriosn you will get issues with multi tuner receivers.

Please describe your dish setup as fully as possible.

jassie
14-02-15, 00:52
yes abu I came to that conclusion and ditched the old 2.2.1 which had served me well for years, the problem seems to have been resolved, but the performance of the channels doesn't seem to be good as they were on the old cam, cheers mate

abu baniaz
14-02-15, 00:57
Can you psot screenshots of what your tuner config for each tuner is please. Separate one for each tuner please.

Am I correct in assuming you have a 28.2 LNB. One cable goes from LNB directly to tuner A. A different cable goes from LNB directly to tuner B?

jassie
14-02-15, 03:01

these are the two feeds which go into the diseq switch, the one which is lnb2 is hotbird, lnb1 is from 28e, sorry the flash hits the screen on the satellites.

jassie
14-02-15, 03:04
the feeds which go into tuner a and b are simple the only possible concern is tuner c above40758