PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How To Add Named Picons

shak
12-02-15, 14:10
Hi All,

i understand that from previous builds picons now can be by channel names instead of service numbers, how can i get this working i currently use the oscrams picons and have download all oscram picons by name, i have replaced all the picons on my receiver with the named picons but nothing is working and all channel picons are coming up blank, is there any further steps i need to take to make these work as simply replacing the picons does not work.

Thanks in Advance for your help

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 15:06
You transfer in the same way as you would do with "conventional" picons.

Can you post a screenshot of layout of your picons?
Do they show on the First Info Bar.( when you press OK when on a channel)

shak
12-02-15, 17:06
using metrix skin shows on the first bar when i press okay also shows on my channel list, my picons are on a usb stick removed the old picons with service numbers and now have the new picons with names but they are not showing at all on anything.

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 17:23
1a. How did you install Ocrams's picons?

1b. Was it an ipk or did you install via plugins menu?

2. Can you telnet the following comamnd please and post results here. There is a link to how to use Putty in my signature if you need it.

find / -name picon

3. Please post a screenshot of your picon folder.

shak
12-02-15, 17:52
i installed the picons manually, download on the pc, then ftp the to the usb on the receiver, telneted the command get media/usb/picon

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 17:54
I look forward a screenshot of your telnet results.

EDIT:
Your layout is correct.

Just for clarity, I asked how you had previously installed Ocram's picons.
You earlier post is confusing to me as it has "shows in infobar" and also "does not show at all". I am going by the assmuptions that: Picons are not showing at all, not in any screen.

We sometimes get people with following issue, solution is very easy:
Picons show in first info bar
Picons do not show in service list
Picons do not show in graphical EPG

shak
12-02-15, 18:50
as stated picons were install by downloading them on the pc then creating a folder in the usb naming it picon and put all the picons in it then adding it to the receiver this was how i added it previous, picons were download in a zip file extracted and added to the folder, recently all i do is by ftp deleted all the picons and ftp across all the new picons which are named,

just telnet again and got some different results please see attached

regarding infobars my picons show on the info bar and the service list normally, after removing all old picons and adding all the new named picons in the picon folder no picons are showing, all channels are just showing the default picon by metrixhd skin.

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 20:46
Sorry I am getting confused by your choice of wording with regards to what is working and what is not. It is no point mentioning what used to work. We can't deal with what used to work. We only need to know what current action/status are.

They should be working on the infobar, but you say they do not.

Your layout is correct, your telnet command confirms that there is no other "picon" folder.
Most of Ocrams packs were ipks which would have had symlinks. However, your response says you transferred them, not installed them. If those symlinks are still present, this will be your issue. So that too was a possibility that has been discounted.

The picon location is picked up at system start up. Have you restarted the receiver after transferring them?

shak
12-02-15, 20:59
yes a full restart, but still the picons are not showing on the infobar, when you say symlinks is this a coded file for the picons which gets installed when you install picons as ipk?

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 21:04
when you say symlinks is this a coded file for the picons which gets installed when you install picons as ipk?
Yes. They are not coded files, they are links to other files. This is why question 1b was asked in post 4.

Eragon
12-02-15, 23:34
All this fuss is about shak wishing to use in his skin picons adopting a "channel name based" naming convention (ex. 5starplus24.png) instead of the classical "service reference based" naming convention (ex. 1_0_1_78_200_1D_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png) .

IMHO this is simply not possible (without image modifications), as picons are only searched and referred by service name... And for this reason, after replacing the picon files adopting the channel naming, he now can't see any picon anywhere...

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 23:42
IMHO this is simply not possible (without image modifications), as picons are only searched and referred by service name... And for this reason, after replacing the picon files adopting the channel naming, he now can't see any picon anywhere...
Where have you been? The image modifications were introduced to OE-A and PLI images over three months ago.

Also, SNPs come second in picking list. One such usage is to avoid the iTV cahnenl on 13e using same picon for ITV on 28.2 or even those using distinct ITV rehional picons even though thename for the channel is the same.

Try it.

Eragon
13-02-15, 00:07
Well, but then if shaz has found problems even if his picon folder layout is correct and you apparently till now can't find an explanation, very likely something is not working as intended in the "modifications introduced to OE-A and PLI images over three months ago"...
Is this a OE-A and PLI images bug as usual?

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 00:19
The chap is probably doing something which he is not mentioning. Many people are using SNPs without a problem. He can PM his teamviewer details if he wants me to have a look.

You are entitled to your view. You don't have to use our buggy image/work too.

Eragon
13-02-15, 00:27
I hope you eventually will be able to give shaz advice and solve his problems, or at least somebody else will be more successful in helping him.

Larry-G
13-02-15, 00:37
Well, but then if shaz has found problems even if his picon folder layout is correct and you apparently till now can't find an explanation, very likely something is not working as intended in the "modifications introduced to OE-A and PLI images over three months ago"...

You seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder for some reason. The SNP code was first developed and introduced into ViX over 4 months ago as stated by Abu, it has also since been taken up by other members of the OE-A and even pli them selves. These picons are in use by many hundreds of users, maybe even thousands without any issues.

I am using these picons my self on over half a dozen receivers with no issues what so ever.

Eragon
13-02-15, 00:39
Nice to know!
I've subscribed this thread.

Larry-G
13-02-15, 00:40
I hope you eventually will be able to give shaz advice and solve his problems, or at least somebody else will be more successful in helping him.

what exactly is your problem ?.

we are trying to assist this users and you are posting as if you are some how offended by that ?.

If your here just to bitch and moan kindly go else where, your attitude is neither wanted nor appreciated, if you are able to assist this user please do otherwise leave off the wise arsed comments.

Eragon
13-02-15, 00:41
No problems at all!

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 00:42
Please try them to satisfy yourself. They do not override SRPs (Servcie Reference Picons). If you have a motorised setup, you will find that many services will show picons even though Ocram has not catered for them.

For OP, he says that it is a new install of 142. I don't understand why he would transfer Ocram's conventional picons, delete them, then replace with Ocram's picons that have been converted to SNPs. It is illogical. Surely its easier to just transfer the SNPs?

judge
13-02-15, 00:47

Serious attitude problems, please don't expect the same level of support if you a have an issue.

bbbuk
13-02-15, 11:29
...Many people are using SNPs without a problem....

I am one such person that uses SNP without a problem for months now.

shak
14-02-15, 15:16
unsure what the problem was but it has been resolved had reflashed 142 for xbmc and picons start to work from usb and hdd

Larry-G
14-02-15, 15:27
unsure what the problem was but it has been resolved had reflashed 142 for xbmc and picons start to work from usb and hdd

Nice to hear you have them working now and Thank you for keeping us updated.