PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

thejoker
11-02-15, 21:56
Im trying to get two vu solo 2's to work in the same house. Its strange as i can't get them to work simultaneously. Only on encrypted channels mind you...At first I thought it was an easy fix, both boxes were set to DHCP ON and were actually pulling the same IP address. I don't know why. Anyway I gave them manual IP but same situation, one box works and the other doesn't but does glitch, both boxes would maybe work for a small time...

Ive changed all three power line adaptors and cat5e cables, no change?

Ive checked all settings on router, made sure no devices in house were taking the IP address....

Ive rebooted everything...

Ive no problems with broadband on any devices, my broadband is bt inifinity...Ive got the new hub and realised the open reach box is not required, I removed it but no change...

I really can't understand what it could be, Im fairly competent and have exhausted every avenue..Im not able to run cat6 cables direct to router...I may try wireless dongles, what type of wireless dongles work with vix apollo

Is it maybe anything to do with the mac address or name of the device, like they are both vu solos, does my bt hub maybe see them as the one box and not two different boxes....

TK4|2|1
12-02-15, 07:41
Strange, but if you've set both with different ip addresses it should work. What is your set up?
Where is your card located?
Please tell us more. I'm suspecting, and please forgive me if I'm wrong, that you're talking about a method we are not allowed to talk about.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

duoduo
12-02-15, 08:39
The problem you have is caused by the method you are using to view pay TV, I don't need to say more than this do I?

twol
12-02-15, 09:37
Run one as a slave using the remote channel stream plugin ... Forget exactly what it's called .... Assuming you have 2 tuners on the master it will solve the issue.

thejoker
12-02-15, 18:38
No as stated, I have exhausted every possible avenue. This issue is confined to this one house. I never had issues running multiples boxes but in fact I've never ran two identical models, so I'm going to try and different brand of box. I have a tm nano 2 super I can try.

Larry-G
12-02-15, 18:41
It's nothing to do with them being the same model, unless they are clones and are sharing a MAC address.and thats as far as that discussion is going.

duoduo
12-02-15, 21:22
I have said what your problem is, 3 of us can't all be wrong can we?