PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] VU+ Zero: Freeze during initial setup stage

Stone123
11-02-15, 15:32
Hi there,

I'm a new Openvix user - in fact this is my first OpenEnigma-enabled receiver. So please be gentle :)

Anyway, my brandnew VU+ Zero arrived today and I instantly flashed the latest Openvix Apollo build 142 (?)! without even powering up the original firmware.

All went fine and the boot-up is OK. Then the initial setup starts and I get asked various questions regarding resolution and so on. I answer them with the remote control but then this screen comes up that says the following:

"Welcome. This start wizard will guide you through the basic setup of your VU+ zero. Press the OK button on your remote control to move to the next step."

(Shouldn't this be right at the beginning instead?)

Anyway, at this point everything freezes. I can push "OK" all I want. Nothing happens - I waited for 15 minutes. I also can't even put the receiver into standby. Just a complete freeze. All I can do is power-cycle and I'll get the last question asked again (sorry, can't remember which one right now). Then the above screen re-appears again.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Is there a way to completely restart the setup wizard from the beginning?

I'm not familiar with Open Enigma but quite proficient with Linux command-line tools.

Receiver: VU+ Zero
Image: Openvix Apollo build 142 - can't provide better info since I can't reach the menu
Skin: Default

Andy_Hazza
11-02-15, 16:40
Turn off at the back and then back on again, see what that does?

Stone123
11-02-15, 16:47
Thanks for your reply. If I turn it off and on again I get the last question from the setup wizard asked again and then the screen I mentioned reappears and the box freezes.

Larry-G
11-02-15, 16:55
Try re flashing the image again, something may have become corrupted with the last attempt.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Stone123
12-02-15, 10:13
Thanks, that's really the easy solution that actually worked. I reformatted with the recommended HP USB Tool this time and everything's working smoothly. Now, off to figure out how this thing actually does what I want it to...