PDA

View Full Version : What exactly can be changed?

matt007
11-02-15, 12:54
Hi I am in the process of modding an existing skin on here to suit my needs. Im stuck on a few things which I am hoping some of the regular skinners can help me with.

I know how to change the look (i.e colour, image etc) of components as well as positions. But I do not know how to change the behaviour of certain things. For example, on the single QuickEPG (on the infobar) where we would press up/down to browse through events for a channel, instead of the events appearing one on top of the other, is it possible to make them appear one besides the other? Having a look at the code, a widget is used which is defined as a list. I don't know how I can change the behaviour of this widget.

Below is an image I found of the screen I am trying to edit. As you can see, the events appear one on top of another. I want them to appear besides eachother when I press up/down.

I am a programmer by trade so I don't have a problem programming things to suit my needs - if anything that is one of the beauties of a Linux box. Its just that I need some guidance on differentiating things that can be programmed via the skin and things that are built into the actual image.

Edit: In the event its coded into the image, how can I edit the python files when they have been optimised (.pyo files)?

abu baniaz
11-02-15, 13:54
To save you from looking at wrong place, that screen is called the FIB, first info bar. There are several options for it alreasy. It is followed by SIB, second info bar when you press OK again.

For info, on Vix image, most of the EPG systems have been coded to behave the same irrespective of which version of EPG you are on.

You can decompile the python files using a decompiler or download from github directly.

You may be able to edit options easily in by adding a short press of OK to invoke infobar EPG instead of FIB. Long press OK is there already.

You may also be able to avoid any programming by using button setup.

rossi2000
11-02-15, 13:56
Yo

Lists are hardcoded to be vertical, horizontal lists requires abit of work.
You can just set number of rows to = 1 in the skin, this will give you 1 row with 1 event.

Sounds like your trying to mimic sky?

matt007
11-02-15, 14:13
Umm not trying to mimic sky necessarily. Just trying to customise it to how Ive been using various interfaces in the past. Do you know where the list coding will be? Is it in the infobar.py file?

rossi2000
11-02-15, 14:59
Its cpp code which csn only be edited and built into e2

In the vix git for e2 youll see all the cpp code in lib/gui i think it is

matt007
11-02-15, 15:01
You know where I can find that code? Or is it really not worth it? Im trying to customise other things as well and not just the vertical list.

rossi2000
11-02-15, 15:05
I would say its more trouble than its worth on that 1 bud, we have discussed it many times and not bothered. What other stuff you looking at doing?

matt007
12-02-15, 22:38
Well at the moment I am just doing a few tweaks to improve my personal experience. And once I get to grips with programming for E2 machines then I plan to actually add something of value which I would be happy to share. My current tweak I am working at the moment could potentially be an existing bug, im not sure.

Basically, suppose you are on channel 1 and you bring up the infobarEPG (single one) and scroll through it to say channel 10. When you exit the infobarEPG and display it again, the list starts from where you left off (channel 10). I personally find this annoying if I have to go back to check schedule for channel 2 for example. Also, I dont know if this is related but once you exit the infobarEPG and press channel +, it goes to the next channel in the list (which in my example would be channel 11), when in reality it should be channel 2.

I am just trying to go through the existing code but there are so many files, some of which are linked together. So theres 1000s of lines of code and no comments so its hard trying to work out what some lines of code are doing. Im not giving up though....

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 23:14
Not sure what is going on with your setup. Infobar epg should always start off from the current channel. The EPG ssytem normally starts in the bouquet from which the channel was selected.
Sorry for poor quality of video, but you should see all three occaions it starting on BBC news.

matt007
13-02-15, 00:05
Thats strange. What box and Vix version do you have? I will have to do a fresh install I reckon

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 00:23
TM Nano OE, TM Nano SE, TM 3T Combo, GI LX3. Among others. On Apollo 142. Default skin, (Vix Night HD) suits me fine.

matt007
13-02-15, 00:34
Ah ok, I too have the latest image. I will reinstall and then use the default skin and see if that makes a difference

twol
13-02-15, 09:25
You know where I can find that code? Or is it really not worth it? Im trying to customise other things as well and not just the vertical list.

Apart from the apparent (I say apparent because I haven't found it) documentation and comments, it is still worth cloning the VIX Github onto a linux machine so that you can look at the files (just look at the build-script under images to see how to do that).
Also if you do make more changes than to say skins (see ssh-enigma2 libraries which contain the Vix changed libraries and components), it is then easier to add/update py files, compile them and build your own test image. :)

Larry-G
13-02-15, 11:46
Unfortunately there is a severe lack of documentation when it comes to enigma2. It took rob over a year to create his ViX manual and that was a first for the enigma2 scene. I hope that does not put you off but it is pretty much a try your self and see type of thing (until the day somes when a coder creates documentation but I won't hold my breath for that).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

twol
13-02-15, 12:56
Unfortunately there is a severe lack of documentation when it comes to enigma2. It took rob over a year to create his ViX manual and that was a first for the enigma2 scene. I hope that does not put you off but it is pretty much a try your self and see type of thing (until the day somes when a coder creates documentation but I won't hold my breath for that).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks Phoenix, Rob must have the patience of Jobe :)
It kind of all makes sense, its just when a "condition" is set, trying to find out where it is checked (or not) is hard work....... especially when diiferent images take different actions based on some "condition"
... but its all good clean fun and I at least now understand more than I did ....... but not a lot :)

matt007
13-02-15, 16:11
Not sure what is going on with your setup. Infobar epg should always start off from the current channel. The EPG ssytem normally starts in the bouquet from which the channel was selected.
Sorry for poor quality of video, but you should see all three occaions it starting on BBC news.

I had done a fresh install and problem is still there. The video you sent showed your infobarEPG in multi mode. Try changing it to single mode, as that is whats causing me the problem