PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift on Solo2

RipSnorter
11-02-15, 08:01
Hi.

I have had my Solo2 for about a week and just about got it configured with Vix how I need it now.

But I have one issue with time shifting live TV ...

If I push the rewind button, it starts to shift backwards at 2x (or whatever speed is set as the default in the settings - I have tried different speeds) but further presses of the rewind button do not increase the rewind speed. If I then fast forward I can ramp through the increasing speeds but the rewind button is still unresponsive. Same for if I press play ... The timeshifted TV plays and I can forward from there but not rewind. Only when I get back to live TV does the rewind button become reponsive again (but only at the default speed)

This means that ...
a) I can only rewind at one speed
b) If I rewind and play and then want to rewind further, I have to exit to live TV first and rewind all the way back through.

Quite a pain. Is this working as intended or have I found an issue?

The Solo2 has a 1tb hdd fitted and I can record without any problems and rewind and forward the recordings at various speeds without problems. Am I missing a configuration and if so, please could someone let me know what I need to do?

The settings within the timeshift menu are:

/media/hdd/timeshift
3 seconds (have tried various other settings to no avail)
yes
don't save
no
yes

I started with Vix build 136 and am now on 142, but the problem remains.

Can I easliy re-install the timeshift feature (I couldn't readily see it in the plugins list)?
Looking through some forums, it referred to a feature called Permanent Timeshift (vs Temporary) but these posts were quite old so I'm not sure if this is still valid or not. And if it is, what is this plugin called?

Thanks
RS